Friend or Foe?

Dr_Zhivago

Reaction score
Dear guys:

I am an RAFC. Several years ago, I met a guy at the apt. complex where I live. Seemed cool enough. He moved to Asia about 2 years ago. He's got lots of $$ and has since taken up residence there permanently. His only reason for being there is 'cause the chicks are easy to get.

Consequently, I only converse with him over Instant Messenger.

His story is this: he got out of a bad relationship with some chick who stole buku $bucks from him and has ever since bad-mouthed American women and holds no respect for me or anyone that wants to date chicks here. He thinks all chicks here are just out "to get you" and that "the only guys that can get them" are rich-jerks.

I am basically a newbie at this stuff and as everyone knows you can't feed a newborn meat... he first has to digest milk.

Should I keep this guy on my PM list even though he presents this kind of negativsm? My thinking is this: show him that he's wrong about his beliefs in the women here, as I present to him successes of my struggles.

Or by listening to this negative evangelism am I doing myself more harm than good?

Thanks

RockfordTDog

Reaction score
First glance it appears you would like to save your friend from his skewed view of American chicks. It seems that he only wants to impress upon you that you're a dumbass.
I've stopped associating with people who seem to run a kind of kangaroo court. No matter what, they would try to find me guilty of being a dumbass.
My life is better for it.

Willing to bet that if you had the finest, most decent chick imaginable, every thing you ever wanted..... he'd say youre a dumbass, what he's got is better than what you've got. I'd say lose this "friend".

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those types can be fun to keep around to patronize.

Though if his negativity really eats at you and you can't find any humour out of it you'll have to cut the cancer loose.

RockfordTDog

Reaction score
Thanks KontrollerX, I had forgotten how much fun it is to mess with these types.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there will always be people with chips on their shoulders who look for evidence to confirm their little theories and their self fulfulling prophecies. steer clear and get into DJ boot camp!

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
making a post about a guy in asia on your IM strikes me as someone who is more trouble than they are worth. every relationship should be additive or at least neutral to your life. This casual "relationship" should be easy and flowing. it's not. delete.

Dr_Zhivago

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I took it too; and it feels as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Thanks, again.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's got a point. Quality women are somewhat rare. They're not impossible to find, tho. Look into the Natural Order of Things, and seek out real women.

Negativity actually helps me with women, I think. Pook's Blog is extremely negative, but it's also entirely true, and it helps me keep from putting girls on a pedastal just because they're pretty.

If you think it's hurting you, just don't talk to him very often.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 10: Avoid the Unhappy and the Unlucky

If everything that guy do is make yourself more negative, stay away from him. All you do is just chat with him online right... and all of that just makes your depressed right?

As for women, avoid the neurotic thinking of women, I had a feeling LMS or obsidian will say that (and support him in a way). I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with their ideas, but right now it probably going to make you neurotic.