Friend has girlfriend, we don't hang out anymore

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
What's up with this? Ever since my friend started dating his girlfriend, I never see him anymore. We were best friends, and I knew him for over 10 years. He hasn't called once this year, and we live two blocks from each other! What an @$$hole.

I understand he may be busy, but to not even call ONCE? Have you guys ever had friends who do this?? I don't understand.

khash

Don Juan
Reaction score
your " best" friend was not really a friend. PERIOD

when friends stop hanging out together just because they get girlfriend it means : He was hanging out with you cuz he had no girl and had nothing to better to do.

poor him tho, he will get dumped by his girlfriend if he revolved his life around her, and not make her revolve around his.

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
They hang out every single night. My other friends say they don't even see him anymore either.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fail to see why this is an issue. The dude can do whatever he pleases man. If he doesn't feel like talking and hanging out with you, that's his choice. It doesn't make him an a-hole. Seriously man, you shouldn't get all bent out of shape just because a friend doesn't call you for a year. Cause when you do, I begin to question whether you have anything or anybody else to occupy your time with. Plus it's beginning to sound as if you expect the two of you to have some sort of 'commitment' to keep in touch with each other.

On the other hand, if he ever did blow you off or let you down when you needed his help, then that's something else altogether. But if you just lost contact with him, it's no big deal.

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's LIFE. Get over it. F*ck him....

Same sh*t happened to me before and u kno what, u gotta learn to just not give a f*ck. My so called "best friend" and I have been buds for 8 years and last year he decides to be a **** n stop hangin out with the group when he got his girlfriend. He started hangin out with his drinkin buddies n such. But you know what? Who fackin cares? Live your life... Friends are temporary.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
A chronic case of One-itis.

Your boy is suffering from the disease of One-itis. You should do him a favor and shoot him this way.

Friends help friends in need.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:
What's up with this? Ever since my friend started dating his girlfriend, I never see him anymore. We were best friends, and I knew him for over 10 years. He hasn't called once this year, and we live two blocks from each other! What an @$$hole.

I understand he may be busy, but to not even call ONCE? Have you guys ever had friends who do this?? I don't understand.
It means the guys a dork and he doesn't know how to interact with the opposite sex. He doesn't have a life of his own that's why he has to hang out with his girlfriend all the time.

IM0001

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya

I have a friend thats pretty much the same way. When i met him he was happy with his GF but man, it was his life. If she wasnt with him, talking to him, or kissing him, oooor even talking/dancing/skating with someone other than him, he would get so depressed that it made for a crappy time hanging out with him. Finally she broke up with him in a brutal sorta matter but whatever. (she cheated on him and was a lying B****) so he took about a month to recover (1st girlfriend so ya..) and finally wasnt all that bad for a while.

Now more present, school ended and work began. I havent seen him much because of it but now he did just get a new girl thats a friend of his friends cousin. Cute, bout a HB6ish.
Back to square one. He now is all about her. 100% AFC. he has some romantic ideas and is thoutfull, but she is his life now. Oh well, you just gota put up with it and move on. Ill get a call when she gets tired of his Pedistal someday.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys that are AFC's and finally get a girlfriend go into their own world. My buddy did the same thing. I dont blame him, he was 21 yrs old and never had a g/f. Now that they broke up we're best friends again. I dont care if he's an AFC, he's a childhood friend.

If u 2 are really good friends, at least try to make contact. let him know you're still around. He'll prolly break up w/ her sooner or later, just be around when it does.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
guys that are AFC's and finally get a girlfriend go into their own world. My buddy did the same thing. I dont blame him, he was 21 yrs old and never had a g/f. Now that they broke up we're best friends again. I dont care if he's an AFC, he's a childhood friend.

If u 2 are really good friends, at least try to make contact. let him know you're still around. He'll prolly break up w/ her sooner or later, just be around when it does.
Exactly what happened to my friend.... Moved in with the first girl he fvcked. Freaking moron I tell you. I have hung out with him like twice in several years and both have been with his gf being there. Man she is so ugly too.

anonymousguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
Wiesman is right. Did you ever contact him? Maybe he just thinks the same. Why didn't you give your best friend a notice? You only live two blocks away.
But on the other hand, this is life, relationships come and relationships go away. It's part of nature. Just handle the situation with professionalism.

IM0001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its sad how a guy can drop everything for just one girl..
Even though I was AFC a lot in the past and hold a little bit still (im a chrsitian so i have limits i follow a bit) I still put women in their place. Shure they can tug at the emotional part of me for a bit, but after a few days and a few nice drive or something that I enjoy doing. (Which is a lot. If it has an engine I probably do it lol) I get over it wether good or bad you know. I try to always get me and a friend of mine to join me while i meet up with this girl to make sure Im not focused completely on her, make her earn my interest a bit. My friend i mentioned earlier says high or whatnot but its alll about his girl. A sad site it is for sure. The funny part is he needs a woman soo much that he almost treats his buddies like one when he is single.. So we like to put him in his place so to speak quite often lol.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get more friends. People get busy sometimes - don't take it personal.