Frequency of Weight Gain Protein

flying10

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a weight gain protein, and I am either going to use it once a day in the evening or every other day after my workout.

I lift every other day, and I have been eating a ton of food but I haven't been getting the results I want. So to increase the mileage on the protein, does anything think it will screw me up if I only have the protein shake every other day?

Reaction score
i usualy drink it before my work out n then another after...what kind of results r u tryin 2 achive? by tha way how much can u bench (jw)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you mean by screwing up?

By weight gain protein I suppose you mean a gainer. I highly suggest you only eat a gainer after a workout. If you mean protein eat it in the morning and after workouts, it's pretty useless to eat before you sleep, try to get some cottage cheese in your gut before you sleep.

flying10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I mean a gainer. I want to overall muscle mass. Right now I am stuck at 150lbs at 5ft 11in. I am really lean, but I still look a little scrawny. Right now I do three sets of ten with 135lbs on bench. I can do 18 marine style pullups and I do three sets of ten with 285lbs on squats.

I want to know if I should take the gainer on my off days as well as after my workouts. I want it to last as long as I can get away with because it is expensive. By screwing me up, I mean will I see less results if I only take the gainer every other day after my workouts.

AbAbber2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
They make a decent meal replacement if you find yourself out of time and in need of a quick meal on your off days. I try to get the bulk of my calories in non-sup form though, and use protein/gainers only post-workout. Though occasionally I'll have one before bed.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holy crap man... if you can do 3x 10 at 285 on squats and only 3x10 at 135 on bench... something is seriously screwed up there.

flying10

Don Juan
Reaction score
My math was off on my squats. Instead of 285 I meant to say 245. But I still have huge legs compared to my arms being a middle distance track runner doing cardio my whole life.

Anyway thanks for the info. I think I'll only use my protein/gainer post-workout to save money.