FR: Gym pick-up

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is either fate, or capitalizing on luck.

The backstory:

There is a pretty hot girl that I took a class with last year in school. I never really said a word to her in class, and essentially we never spoke. As far as I knew until recently, she didn't exist.

Fast forward to afew weeks ago. I go to the gym and guess who is there on the elipticals? She was. Now, I remembered her face, so I sort of knew who she was. There was no telling if she knew who I was or not(I never got acquainted with her, but I was a pretty popular guy in the school, so there's no telling who knew me).
I walk in and she looks over, puffing and panting...And smiles in recognition. So this is a good start. Not only does she remember me, she isn't exactly seeing me as some sketchy dude. Good.

So I go to this gym alot, and I've seen her every so often..mabye once a week.. It's always in passing as I'm pretty busy when I'm in the gym. She always smiles, and I can see her looking at me out the corner of my eye sometimes with peripherals. Good, so there's some interest, now there's something to work off of.

Fast forward to tonight.

I see her in the gym again, and say "hey" with a smile and some good eye contact. That's all I could muster as I was deep in a set of weighted hyperextensions(reverse situps). She misses a step and pauses as if waiting for a conversation, turning her body toward me. I just ignored her because I was busy. She went off and did whatever it was she was doing.

So I finish in the gym and head outside to my car. But wait...Oh fvck...I locked my keys in my car...Great...I contemplate walking the 2 miles in -15C weather back home, when I get this great idea.

I waited about 5 minutes until the girl came out of the gym, then sorta walked up to her and said "hey <name>, mind if I borrow you for afew minutes?" she laughs and says "ook, why?" I tell her the story, and without much hesitation she drives me home, in the mean time I get to establish some rapport with her and find out about her. I tease her about afew things, act abit ****y, whatever. On the way back, we're talking about music, and the convo starts to get abit static. So I thought it would be a good time to get the ball rolling, and see if this thing is worth pursuing. I just ask "hey, since ur pretty busy tonight, what are you doin tomorrow?" she says nothing .. I say "Lets do something, I know this great place..<blahblahblah>, give me your cell # and I'll give ya a ring tomorrow." She hands me her phone and shows me, while driving, how to put numbers into it.

So, we're on for tomorrow night.

Fate? or luck? I don't know, but it was pretty cool solution to locking my keys in the car. She's pretty cute too, nice ass and stuff...

peace bro's

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice job capitalizing on a bad situation. Way to go!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
followup

the date went pretty well on saturday. I ended up having to ditch the plans of taking her out saturday night, cause the guys were hitting the bars and i couldn't miss that fun(we're underage, so bars are a big deal).

I called her on saturday midday and told her that something came up, but I told her i had to buy some stuff from the mall and asked her if she wanted to come. She said yes(i expected her to say no, most chicks do when u reschedule) and we were on.

So I had her basically following me thru the mall as i went in to pick up acouple pairs of shorts ready for summer, a cd for my buddies bday, and some workout tshirts. It went well, the walking between shops let us get to kno eachother, and the stores had plenty of stuff to talk about. Allround great date for getting to know her, besides, she was more comfortable in the mall b/c she loves shopping(i pulled this idea cause i remembered from the chat in the car about how she loves shopping). I made her carry some of my stuff afew times, teased her afew times about her opinion of fat people(we were jokin around at all the heffers in the food court). The highlight though was when I let her lead us into one of her stores. She was trying jeans on, asking me how they looked(free booty stares;)), that sorta stuff. Was funny, she came out with this like $300 pair of tight jeans on, and i pulled a nice little ****y comment: "heyyy, nice pants! can I test the zipper?" got a laugh from her, so it was greenlight again. she gave me a friendly push, and went back to return them. Ended up leaving the store holding her hand.

I had a timeframe for the date, so i cut it off on a highpoint when she started to get abit sexual. Drove her home and this is my trademark move here: I gave her the sex eyes as we were saying bye in the car, and leaned in just a fraction, as if letting her kno i was moving in for a kiss. She leaned in as well, and got her lips ready(the way chicks do) and closed her eyes. I just sat there and asked her--jokingly--if something was wrong. "hey, whats wrong?" she started blushing, pulled back quicktime and laughed and said "nothing", and got out of the car.

I drove off without waving, as usual.

----------------

Overall it went well. Got to know her some more, had some laughs, shared some common ground, she was abit hesitant at one point when i negged her about her phat ass and tried to change the subject, but whatever. I let her kno the sexual interest again when she was trying her pants on. she reciprocated by getting pretty physically close to me(like chicks do when they want u to put your arm around them), held her hand for awhile, and showed some higher value with the fake kiss in the car. She knows I totally had her, which is why she got kind of confused i think.

----------------

Havent planned anything else, but she has my number, and i see her in the gym from time to time, so instead of calling i might just let this one ripen.

oteao99

Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds fun. How can you act so chill when you know a girls want s you so bad?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha this was awhile ago.

Just saw this girl again about 2 hours ago, turns out she works a few blocks from where I work right now(we sold our house and moved, so its kind of a coincidence). She looks a lot different, still cute but not really my type anymore.

She's still into the party scene and I'm not exactly well known around here yet, so I might use her as a pivot to meet some more people.

She's a nice girl too so a good friend to have.

we dated for two months when all was said and done.

How can you act so chill when you know a girls want s you so bad?
It's not chill at all man. My heart is racing and I get nervous on dates still ... That all comes from a few years of being an afc. But you know what? You learn to roll with it. That's part of the fun; feeling that fear and that tension and saddling up anyways. You learn to enjoy that nervousness, and you get good at thinking on the fly.

The first time I asked a girl out, my heart was in my throat, I plowed through anyways and did my best to keep cool(I'm sure I looked like a studdering stan to her). Guess what? Girls also feel this nervousness, so its alright.

The first girl I asked out stood me up btw ;) I was inexperienced and made the first date a Drive-In movie... A little too quick for her I suppose.

ecilop

Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed, great writeup and analysis :) i'd love to read more of these

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice ;)

But how can her appearance change THAT much in a matter of months??

haha...you could probably find some great C&F for that one.

gza

Reaction score
what do you accomplish by not kissing her? she already wants you, so what's the point? Question, not critique.

lonewolf17

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
she reciprocated by getting pretty physically close to me(like chicks do when they want u to put your arm around them)
Goddammnit, why didn't I read this before last night?

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BIBLE ENTRY:
When walking or standing with a chick and she gets in really close to you(proximity wise), it means she wants you to put your arm around her.

Seems like alot of us missed this little tidbit somehow, lol

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what do you accomplish by not kissing her? she already wants you, so what's the point? Question, not critique.
In response to

Drove her home and this is my trademark move here: I gave her the sex eyes as we were saying bye in the car, and leaned in just a fraction, as if letting her kno i was moving in for a kiss. She leaned in as well, and got her lips ready(the way chicks do) and closed her eyes. I just sat there and asked her--jokingly--if something was wrong. "hey, whats wrong?" she started blushing, pulled back quicktime and laughed and said "nothing", and got out of the car.
There are a couple reasons.. First it builds suspense and the "does he like me?" thoughts going through her mind. Keeping her off balance is key. Second is it keeps the situation a little bit playful, and its rather unexpected. Dramatic, if you will. And we all know how the ladies get off on drama. It's something she would take back and tell her friends about... Drives her crazy.

Try it sometime guys. Go in for a kiss and back off at the last second and ask her whats wrong with her face(scrunched lips and closed eyes).

Keep it fun :)