Four Girls Stare, But Won't Talk To Me!!

Super_geek

Don Juan
Reaction score
newhotness said:
oic, you actually BELIEVE that you can mathemetically prove whether a girl you've never seen is attracted to a guy you've never seen. Dude, do you have any idea how stupid you sound?! I call troll here.
yes. That is exactly what I am saying. only, I say weither or not she likes you with a probability not with certainty, I dont have neough info to be certain. But we can make predictions given this probabilistic information on what is more likely to be the case. If you dont beleive me, then you must really be stupid, becuase making accurate predictions is what probability theory has been doing for a VERY LONG time. And by the way, Im not a troll, Im actually trying to help you out by helping you determine what the situation was likely to be (a group of girls that didnt like you, or ones that did but got shy). Maybe your abnormal, but most people would be happy to know which situation it really was, and someone who can analyze it using inductive logic (which never lies) would be of great help.

I dont have to know what you look like, becuase in my calculation I cover all possible scenarios good looking or ugly, and their probabilities. again, Inductive logic never lies, and is useful.

first, lets look at the probability of the evidence (girls staring) given the 2 possible hypothesis:
p(girls staring if she likes you)=.7
p(girls staring if she does NOT like you)=.03 (3% of the time, for some random reason, a girl will stair at you, maybe you look like an old friend, many reasons, etc.)

Id say these are very fair assumptions, and the true probabilities wont be off by much. SO my calculations will still be reasonably accurate.

lets look at 2 ends of the spectrum, on one end, your very ugly.

If your very ugly, then:
p(girl liking you)=.001
p(girl NOT liking you)=.999
if this scenario were true, then its unlikely a girl will like you, though a small percent of the time, youll meet some women who are weird, and will like you.

p(girl liking you given the fact that shes staring)=p(girl liking you)*p(girl staring if she likes you)/[p(girl liking you)*p(girl staring if she likes you)+p(girl NOT liking you)*p(girl staring if she does NOT like you)]

which is:
p(girl liking you given shes stairing)=.001*.7/[.001*/7+.999*.03]=.0007/.03067=.02282
so there you have it, if your real ugly, the probability of a girl liking you is.02282 given that she is staring at you. or thats a 2.382% chance she likes you. so if your ugly, it was just one of those weird situations where they stair for some random reason.

Now to the other end of the spectrum:
If your really good looking, the probability of a girl liking you and finding you hot is alittle more favorable, lol:
p(girl liking you)=.99
p(girl NOT liking you)=.01

So if your attractive, and a girl is staring at you, the probability of her actually liking you is:

.99*.7/[.99*.7+.01*.03]=.693/.6933=.9995
so if your really good looking, and a girl is staring at you, theres a .9995 probability, or a 99.95% chance that shes staring becuase she likes you.

Now, I dont know what you look like, I dont know if your ugly, or if your good looking, but thats okay, I can still get a prediction by using the probability that you are attractive vs ugly:

Theres far more ugly people out there than attractive, so Id say its fair to say theres a .1 probability that your attractive, and a .9 probability that you are ugly. so with this info, and the calculations I did above assuming we knew with certainty if your ugly or attractive, the probability of a girl liking you given that she is stairing =

p(your attractive)*p(girl likes you if we know youre atttractive)/[p(youre attractive)*p(girl likes you if we know youre attractive and shes staring)+P(that youre ugly)*p(a girl liking you if we know you are ugly and shes stairing)]=

.1*.9995/[.1*.9995+.9*.02282]=.09995/.120488=.8295

so theres a .8295 probability, or 82.95% chance that the girls liked you given that they were stairing, and that your attractive with a 10% chance, and ugly with a 90% chance. This prediction would change If I were to get more info about you, If I were to know with certainty wich you really are (ugly or attractive). But given the info I have available, the most likely situation is that they did in fact like you, and for just some unknown reason, acted cold (all this with a 83.95% chance). Even If I change some of my assumptions alittle, my prediction wont change much. THings are favoring you becuase given my assumption of 3%; its still too uncommon for women to stair for some unknown random reason. (a 3% chance) if this were to go up to say 10% chance of random stairing (which is probably too high), it still wouldnt be common enough to make it so its more likely that they were just stairing.

But this would all change if we found out that you were ugly (I would gain more info, thus a decrease in uncertainty). Hope this helps. I aint no troll. Just using my math to help you figure what the situation really was. so maybe youll know that girls are acting cold, and maybe you could use that to your advantage. Bust on them next time for it, use it as an opener.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This has to be a f'ing joke. SuperGeek, I cannot believe you are spending the time to write these ridiculous posts.

Super_geek

Don Juan
Reaction score
rrrrr said:
This has to be a f'ing joke. SuperGeek, I cannot believe you are spending the time to write these ridiculous posts.
well its not a joke. I really like math, Im a geek, as the name implies. I like to analyze alot of things mathematically, this post was another outlet for it. I was hoping to help out with my interest. But I guess my analytical skills arent appriciated here. :mad: you guys are questioning if my posts are a joke, but are making me into a joke. I guess Im weird and not understood, oh well. :(

ps. it only took me 5 minutes to write that post. alot of non-geek, non mathemtical posters spend far longer than that on their posts.

Last edited:

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that I'm the god of cold approaches or anything, but I would feel weird if the first thing somebody said to me was hi my name is so and so. Next time try and talk to em first about anything. Start a little bull****ting and just chat before you tell her your name. I don't think intros should ever be the first thing you say to somebody, unless you're being formally introduced i.e. business, or through a mutual friend.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one time, I was on break from my job, and I was eating at this restraunt (by myself), right when I was in the middle of eating, randomly, this girl walks up to me, and introduces her self and says she saw me sitting and wanted to talk to me. THis totally caught me off guard, I was hungry, and wasnt expecting to be interupted let alone approached while I was eating on my break. She seemed Really nervous, I actually kinda felt sorry for her knowing what it was like to cold approach attractive women, and be real nervous (during my so called AFC days). Since I was caught off guard, and was hungry (not in a social mood), I wasnt in game mode, so I kind of came off cold (unintentional), wasnt friendly, kinda acting like I didnt wanna talk to any strangers, you know I wasnt in game mode. But she was all nervous, and right before I started to warm up and get into game mode, she got all nervous and was like "well nice talking to you, and left". If she had stuck around, I probably would have opened up to her and asked her for her number (she was cute, but not hot). Also, If she hadnt seemed so nervous, and seemed more upbeat and personable, I probably wouldnt have seemed so cold with her, she probably would have gotten me into a good social mood. Im 100% sure that she thought I was, cold, I even felt kinda bad knowing she probably thought I was an *******. I feel bad becuase I respect tthe fact that she pushed herself to make the move and approach me despite the fact that she was nervous as hell. (women rarely approach guys, let alone if theyre real nervous about it, so thats even more respect).

Im sure those girls were probably acting cold for the same reason, were caught off guard, and perhaps were about to open up to you if you had stuck around alittle longer.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Super_geek said:
p(girl liking you given the fact that shes staring)=p(girl liking you)*p(girl staring if she likes you)/[p(girl liking you)*p(girl staring if she likes you)+p(girl NOT liking you)*p(girl staring if she does NOT like you)]
Ok me being a very good math guy, I confirm that Super_geek's equation is correct and the calculation/conlcusion made with the supposed probabilistic data (probability of liking if looking and all that sh*t) stands pretty well.

But Super_geek, for God's sake, I'm just shocked by how you would come up with something like that here on this kind of topic!:nervous: :crazy: :flowers: :rolleyes: I can't help imagining how geeky you are...

If you are good looking, most likely girls will like you. If you are ugly, whatever you think girls are trying to do to you most likely is just wishful thinking in your head. It's not rocket science, simple common sense. You don't need to bring out all the probability tools to understand that!:nono:

Vampire

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a number of circumstantial factors involved in any PU attempt that are outside of your control. PUA Gurus would have you believe that there is a remedy for each one of these, but it's not true. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.. So this could have been the case you know.

Otherwise... cold approaching sets of chicks in places where they're not used to getting approached can be awkward. Just because YOU'RE comfortable with it doesn't mean THEY are. Maybe they thought you were hot, but they never thought you'd approach them. This has been my experience. I only approach when there is an opening or it seems acceptable. You sort of injected yourself into their table.. seems you were too forward. It fcuks up the atmosphere.

Just because you think you're cool, have good PU skills, and look good, doesn't mean a girl is going to accept your advances. PU is a subtle game.. you were off just a little bit I guess, possibly even coming off as obnoxious. Less is more sometimes man, good luck.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post showing what it's like on the other side of the fence!

God_of_getting_layed said:
one time, I was on break from my job, and I was eating at this restraunt (by myself), right when I was in the middle of eating, randomly, this girl walks up to me, and introduces her self and says she saw me sitting and wanted to talk to me. THis totally caught me off guard, I was hungry, and wasnt expecting to be interupted let alone approached while I was eating on my break. She seemed Really nervous, I actually kinda felt sorry for her knowing what it was like to cold approach attractive women, and be real nervous (during my so called AFC days). Since I was caught off guard, and was hungry (not in a social mood), I wasnt in game mode, so I kind of came off cold (unintentional), wasnt friendly, kinda acting like I didnt wanna talk to any strangers, you know I wasnt in game mode. But she was all nervous, and right before I started to warm up and get into game mode, she got all nervous and was like "well nice talking to you, and left". If she had stuck around, I probably would have opened up to her and asked her for her number (she was cute, but not hot). Also, If she hadnt seemed so nervous, and seemed more upbeat and personable, I probably wouldnt have seemed so cold with her, she probably would have gotten me into a good social mood. Im 100% sure that she thought I was, cold, I even felt kinda bad knowing she probably thought I was an *******. I feel bad becuase I respect tthe fact that she pushed herself to make the move and approach me despite the fact that she was nervous as hell. (women rarely approach guys, let alone if theyre real nervous about it, so thats even more respect).

Im sure those girls were probably acting cold for the same reason, were caught off guard, and perhaps were about to open up to you if you had stuck around alittle longer.

Reaction score
I get this A LOT.

To be honest I am not positive how to handle it in your situation, but if you are both standing up already, I usually drift over to where she is standing.

Go over to her and stand close by for a few seconds and approach indirectly.

Extending your hand and introducing yourself will NOT work because it is too direct, and if she is interested she'll get scared/shy/intimidated. She's already put you on a pedestal, so you need show her that you are down-to-earth and approachable.

Key word, APPROACHABLE. Smile, and be friendly. If you look good, being approachable can make you much more successful. Don't carry yourself too highly because you will appear conceited and arrogant.

So, when you are in her vicinity, comment on something. Slowly build some fluff conversation. When you get her talking, move closer into her personal space. Read her reactions - if she blushes, smiles and does the usual warm body language thing, move closer, start to touch her lightly, etc. If she is cold, then forget it.

You need to take things slowly. Be smooth. I've read about the "3 Second Approach" on this site, but it is pure bullsh!t. It's for guys who don't have balls. If you look good and have balls, don't approach in 3 seconds. Take your time, flirt with eye contact, smile, and then when she has warmed to you, you can go over there and already be "in."

Be wary of her friends that will try to steal her away from you. Sometimes I will be around a girl like this, and her friends will do everything possible to take her away. They are either jealous or protecting. Neither one helps your case, so try to isolate as far away from her friends as possible.

By the way, I have been approached, and I agree you can be caught off guard. Last time was a couple days ago, and I really had my mind on something else, not getting hit on of all things. This girl, pretty hot, walks up to me and stands like one inch from my face and whispers in my ear. It caught me way off guard, and I just responded briefly, and soon said, "hey, well it was nice meeting you..."

And I left. Basically, if she had slowly approached me maybe she could have scored, lol.

Be slow, be smooth.

Lastly, all I have to say is, you (and myself, and others in these situations are very lucky), so don't sweat it. You'll get approached and stared at a lot, so if you blow one, the next is right around the corner. For me, it happens just about every time I go out. As long as your confidence isn't shot, and you can vibe well, you're set.

Go get 'em.