For you guys who don't read the home page

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
I liked it except the "avoid a girl who is a born again Christian". Myself, being a born again Christian, was a little shocked to see a comment that stupid in an otherwise good article...

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This should be the first page of the DJ Bible.

4) Women generally do the selecting in the earliest phases of a relationship. Once a woman has committed herself emotionally, the balance of power shifts to the man (assuming he has some degree of self-confidence).
While I agree whole-heartedly with this, I would add that most men fail to recognize this and/or fear to exercise this power.

I can't agree with the Born-Again statement either, but only because I feel it deserves a different approach in that a man must excersize more caution and adhere more closely to the DJ code than most BA Christian guys have ever been taught to be by their commonly AFC fathers. Unfortunate, but true.

I would add that it is advisable to avoid overly zealous BA CHristian women. They rarely know why they are zealots and are rarely worth the effort.

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
As far as Christianity goes, the whole "true love waits" is a bunch of crap, and I've actually interpreted the Bible myself differently. That aside, I see every day people resorting to Christianity BECAUSE they are AFC, weren't cool enough, blah blah. It sometimes acts as a shield thus is where all the hypocrisy of Christians arouses. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. I read the Bible and develop my own viewpoints about everything, and the DJ code actually goes along with the man's role throughout the Bible (of course, not the sleeping around with numerous women just to get your rocks off part).

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that. For the most part, it seemed to be sound advice. I liked the "avoid chicks with lots of pets". I had to read in "pets" to include lots other things.

But, like most advice here, I had to take it with a grain or two of salt. Twenty-five years of dating experience? That's too bad.

Captain AFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seemed like a pretty wise list, although it's remarkably depressing.

I have to say that one thought I've had lately since coming to this site is that love/marriage is just a complete and total dud. And not because I, as a man, am just not interested in it...

That's just utterly disturbing. I've been working on the confidence thing right now, and I haven't gotten into any relationships.

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i disagree

5) Contrary to the myth that "looks don't matter" to women, physical attraction may be the primary and key deciding factor for a woman. However, it is difficult to determine just what will be physically attractive to any particular female. Even though men also value looks, they are far more willing to initially compromise on looks in the pursuit of sex.

If we refer to Rollo's earlier post about "all things being equal" then the above statement might be partially true (and things in life are almost never like that so it is just a theory), and totally true if the man has "beer goggles" at that time. For a woman looks is merely a plus point, for a man (assuming he is sober) looks is the primary attracting factor, followed by personality which will be the key deciding factor (ONS, LTR, etc).

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vulpine
I read that. For the most part, it seemed to be sound advice. I liked the "avoid chicks with lots of pets". I had to read in "pets" to include lots other things.

But, like most advice here, I had to take it with a grain or two of salt. Twenty-five years of dating experience? That's too bad.
This is true. A woman is more insecure/immature will tend to have a lot of pets (at least 3 pets) or in non-pet terms a lot of furry dolls. Basically they want someone to love them and cherish them, but since they can't be by themselves and do that, they have to do it by having pets that depend on them so that they feel psychologically wanted. They're not dangerous, but you must understand that they're a lot more insecure with more immaturity.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the assertion of "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS" - They tend to be self righteous and start thinking they should live a "cleaner" life as if something hit them on the head and they start pulling a 180. This is what is unproductive in relationships if someone decided to pull a 180 and a clear warning sign to the partner that this person is now no longer wanting to be compatible with you.

I'm against religions and feel they deteriorate freedom of mind and hold back inner-spirituality and support an exterior spirituality which may or may not be real.

Trag

Don Juan
Reaction score

23) After breakups, men usually tend to forget about the sexual boredom and once again find their past girlfriends exciting.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. I would be the prime example of this. Right now, as I sit here and type this, I can't stop thinking about my ex. I broke up with her, and for the life of me, I have no idea why. It's taking every ounce of streangth I have not to e-mail her...but there must have been some reason.