For Introverts

loveorlust

Don Juan
Reaction score
TIC said:
Sometimes I hate being introverted. I know for a fact it keeps me from having the pretty women. Introverts have no personality in the eyes of 99% of women. Women hate introversion, shyness, etc even if the woman is introverted herself.
99% of the women? Are you stupid? Or just feeding into what PUA marketers are telling you? Either way, you're sabotaging your own success with women. Believing that 99% of women don't like shy guys only makes you feel like less of an attractive man, because you feel you are one, and maybe that lack of confidence is what's hurting your chances with women. If you want to get laid, I suggest you start believing that you're an attractive man no matter your introvertness. I'm introverted and women have approached me because of my "shyness". The only difference is I didn't pay it any mind. They must have viewed it as NONCHALANCE. And that's attractive to women. Don't forget that women like to chase too. Oh, and letting women affect you like that ("women sicken me") just goes to show how much power they have over you. If logic in regards to seduction says that women are attracted to power then naturally you must assume they will not be attracted to a powerless man. Now let me get out of here before I start thinking like you too :)

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Material things dont get me all that excited - cars, phones - I dont care about such things. Which. I think, could be a problem because society values these things and, for example, what girl would want anything to have with me if I dont want to have a car or whatever?

I feel the same way. One thing about women is that there are a lot of them. And even if most of them feel a certain way, there are still plenty who will feel otherwise. If you don't have a car, go find a hippie granola environmentalist chick who thinks cars are evil.
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This might be the first ever spambot that I actually enjoy reading. I guess as a mod I have to get rid of him if he really is a spambot, but I will miss his pithy sayings.

SomeoneElse

Reaction score
I'm a proud INTJ and wouldn't change myself for the world. It's hard making friends let alone meeting girls. I'm so wrapped up on pursuing my goals that I don't often get out and meet people. To make things worse, I live in quite a sparsely populated area where there are very few interest groups. This year I've had too learn how to network, because I started my own business. A lot of people, until they get to know me better think I'm an introvert. Being an introvert doesn't mean you're shy, quiet or socially awkward. It just means that your dominant function is introverted and so you have a subjective view on reality and don't look to external things or people for identity and validation. That's a very attractive trait that gives us an advantage over extraverts if we embrace it.

Are there any other INTJs here?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara said:
corrector - you, and I think one other poster, got the main point. For a lot of introverted guys who are not successful with women, it's not laziness or lack of initiative that gets in the way of socializing - it's wanting to avoid negative emotions/experiences. Not saying that's a good excuse, but it's much harder to overcome than sheer laziness.

I have approached girls in other eras, when I was high on life. I had a pretty girlfriend when I was in high school. Pretty much every time I've been in college, I have ended up approaching chicks in my classes. Therefore I think the idea that introverts lack the courage or initiative to approach, is only one small piece of the puzzle. If you experience a lot of rejection on subtle levels, and have no social support in your daily life, it can become a vicious cycle and at that point becomes an uphill battle.
That is right. Socializing or talking with women can really be a chore because you simply do not know how to relate with them without the interaction being strained and ackward. When you are going from that position, what's the point?

Brokenblade

Reaction score
BlackMack177 said:
There is nothing wrong with being an introvert. I consider myself the same. I interact with people all day long, with no trouble at all holding a conversation, but then afterwards I wanna be left alone.

Even in social settings, there is nothing wrong with not being the center of attention. You guys think that you have to be the life of the party in order to get chicks, but you're waaay off. Just being able to hold a decent conversation is enough. Honestly, do you game a chick 1 one 1 or while you entertaining a group? Usually a connection is established between two people, not 10.

I am not the most talkative person in huge groups either, but i am considered by many to be very charismatic. Being social is as much about listening as it is about talking. Most of the time when you're gaming chicks, you are simply reacting to what she says, not flapping your gums non stop.

I learned that Players don't say a million things, They just say the RIGHT things. I used to try and be the guy everyone is paying attention too, but that in itself screams insecurity. Male attention wh0ring is not sexy. Now, I just do me and enjoy myself.
Thank you.

Being an introvert is not some disease to be cured. I find life of parties to be more annoying than the "quieter" people. I myself have no problem with being called "quiet."

However, if you call me shy, that's when you got things twisted. There are certain people who I am open with and there are others types of people I shut down around.

Often times, when I get the sense of being around a toxic person, or a douche bag, I become completely silent. I can actually sort of read people, LOL!

"I'm an INTP as well, scoring 100 on the "I" portion. I ****ing hate people in general until they are of a use to me or are friendly to me, but I don't outwardly display that. I'm indifferent to the wants of the people around me unless it's someone I care about, and since that list is very short, it's easy to not give a **** about anything."

I feel the same way sometimes, especially after dealing with a wave of ****s that have it in for you just because they see you as an easy target. :p

Although, if there is someone in need of help and I could help them, I will.

Brokenblade

Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
This might be the first ever spambot that I actually enjoy reading. I guess as a mod I have to get rid of him if he really is a spambot, but I will miss his pithy sayings.
He's like a fortune cookie.