For all the basketball players out there...

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started a program to increase your vertical jump dramatically. Now I know there are a lot of "hype" programs out there but this one doesn'trequire funky shoes to wear. It is essentially a leg workout routine designed specifically for ballers (I've heard Allen Iverson used a program similar to this... remember, he had trouble dunking in college!). Anyways I am doing this as my leg workout routine in the gym. It is very specific and you must follow it to a "T" to get maximum results. I paid $19.95 for it and if you're interested, reply with your e-mail address and I'll send you the link. I don't get any sort of monetary compensation, or any compensation for that matter out of this. I just wanted to pass along some info.

Playastyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always wondered if that program worked. I used a program called explosive strength/speed. It had a jumping program. I got crazy gains with that. I had a 24'' vertical when I started it but when I finished, I had a 36'' vertical. It only took 8 weeks. Strength through Science is a good program too. It's basicly the same as the first program, but it explains why the training works and has an agility program as well. Anyone else have other good programs?

Kevl01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any chance you can post the leg workout routine for free?

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever tried Air Alert. Alot of my friends who are ballers have done that. It's tough as hell but works wonders supposedly.

Exodus

Don Juan
Reaction score
how about everyone here who has had success with increasing their vert just post the methods they used ?
Lost Cause, if you have anything to send i'd appreciate it: dtox101@hotmail.com

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is all crap. The only thing you need is hard work and dedication. Just do calf raises, squats, leg press, work the quads, whatever....just work out. Do it consistently and you'll improve your vert. There's no magical formula. If you believe there is, then send me a PM and I'll sell you my ****-enlarging pill at a reduced price!

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
If that was true dave... than anyone with a decent leg workout routine would have a crazy vertical jump... but it's not. This is a good program and it is very specific and tested in the field. It requires excersizes outside of the gym (with medicine balls, stair steps, certain jumping routines, etc.) so it isn't just with weights. I'm starting it tomorrow and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you do leg workouts u get ur legs stronger and bigger but you don't really get much explosive power. So you can move alot of weight with your legs but you can't move it real fast to get that explosive kind of power that you need to get really good vert. You get the explosive power through plyometrics which is all those exercises you probably think are lame, like all those medecine ball tosses, cone hops, rim jumps, etc. All these shoes and stuff don't really do much except for make sure you stay on your toes when you do the exercises so that you isolate your calves more.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm speaking from experience. I tried a bunch of ****, but there was no magic formula. Then, I just decided to start doing 250 calf raise per night and, what do you know, but two months later I'm dunking it.

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
The book is 86 pages long so it's kinda hard to post it, don't ya think. Plus I won't do that to the guy I bought it from... either pony up or wait til I give my results in 6-8 weeks.

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(I've heard Allen Iverson used a program similar to this... remember, he had trouble dunking in college!)
Fukkin' liar. AI dunked on fools on the regular in college AND HS. Just try Air-Alert II. It comes with an instructional video and a little 10 page booklet on how-to's which is basically the video. You don't need no 86 page book.

Oltron

Reaction score
I find it pretty suspicious that you live 4 miles away from the guy who runs this web site.

Even more suspicious is the fact that you felt the need to vigorously assert your impartiality before anyone even challenged it.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can vouch for Air Alert II, it defenitely works, hard as hell (so many damn jumping squats!) but it works. And its only 20 bucks.

Mr. Mystery