Flirty girl toying with me

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Three weeks or so ago I met this girl. She is nothing special, cute, a bit boring, but she has mastered ****y and funny and whatever i say she also has a sarcastic reply.

On our first date she was coming out with stuff like "You are being nice to me....you must want something". I compliment her its always "that is such a line" or "you are sucking up now" . I tell her I want to become a writer she says "really, don't tell me you have something interesting to say?". "So do you actually like art...or is it just an impression you are trying to make?". I was wearing sunglasses so she says "Are you trying to be cool? It's not working.".

The first couple of times it was funny but it got a bit tiring and made it impossible to get to know her.

I phone her a few days later and ask her out and she says she has family visiting and will not be free for a week or two.

I phone her again a week later and she says "hey you must really like boring people if you want to meet me again" and then changes the subject, flirts a lot but ends the conversation without giving me an answer, Im frustrated and don't really flirt back.

She then phones me up a few days later and says "hey were you a bit annoyed the other day or was it my wrong impression". I deny it and she says "ahh must have been someone else im confusing you with." Later in the conversation I ask her if she has an answer for me. She says she is busy this week but will let me know about next.

I do not hear from her so I phone her a week later and she says she can meet on Friday but insists on going to a museum and rejects my suggestion of a bar with a live band.

I'm really not in control of this situation and am not sure how to turn tables so that she cuts out the sarcastic flirting which is wearing thin and takes me seriously.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah some girls are like this. It's pretty hard to say whats going in this situation but it looks very close to one-itis. I say look somewhere else, after all you said she's nothing special and kinda boring. There's gotta be other girls more intereresting than her.

Anyways, back to the situation. Some girls are naturally aloof like this. She's probably not taking you seriously. Like you said, you were C and F in the beginning, so she probably just thought you were a jokester. For whatever reason, it doesn't sound like she's interested, if she was she wouldn't be playing these games with you.

If you really want her you have to gain control back. I would be more serious with her for now on. You may be overdoing the C&F. I would make the convos more serious and meaningful from now on. But, from what it sounds, she seems pretty aloof and unpredictable, so good luck if you wanna pursue this one

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She seems to be insecure despite her sh*t talking.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Double post.

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah she talks a lot of shyt about how men lie, are lazy, put on an act to impress girls etc etc. She makes like she is joking but I think she kinda believes it.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
viking22 said:
Yeah she talks a lot of shyt about how men lie, are lazy, put on an act to impress girls etc etc. She makes like she is joking but I think she kinda believes it.
As a person, shes a waste of your time. Shes bitter and seems to be one of those pessimistically sarcastic individuals. Shes not really flirting with you, IMO.

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I do not think she is necessarily bitter. She is sweet underneath it all and her remarks may be sarcastic but they are quite funny and she says them with a huge smile. She's obviously been hurt by guys before, but I mean can you think of a girl who hasn't been.

It is true that there is an element of ****y funny in my personality but as much as i try to hide it most girls still think of me as a nice guy and it seems strange she is lumping me with the player guys she has obviously dated.

I am thinking about calling her out and telling her to drop the male stereotypes and try getting to know me as a person.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
viking22 said:
Well I do not think she is necessarily bitter. She is sweet underneath it all and her remarks may be sarcastic but they are quite funny and she says them with a huge smile. She's obviously been hurt by guys before, but I mean can you think of a girl who hasn't been.

It is true that there is an element of ****y funny in my personality but as much as i try to hide it most girls still think of me as a nice guy and it seems strange she is lumping me with the player guys she has obviously dated.

I am thinking about calling her out and telling her to drop the male stereotypes and try getting to know me as a person.

Sounds like a good Idea. It also sounds like she is spinning plates though. Sounds like an intelligent girl thats learned game. I think your better off getting more girls in your phonebook however hard that may seem it isnt really :)

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well she cancelled the Friday date and said something had come up and we'd have to postpone. I rang her and said that id been waiting long enough and if she wasn't prepared to make the time to date i wasn't interested. She said some rubbish about her life being chaotic, her crazy work schedule so for the moment she'd just like to stay and touch and be friends.

Guess I should have trusted my instincts and nexted her a long time ago

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn dude every time you posted you called her....it was like

I mean stop calling the b1tch dude, here's what you do....you DONT call her and IF she calls you say that you forgot who it is ask her "Who is this?" "Sorry I dont remember you can you help me remember?"

IF She doesnt call then forget her and move on dude.....and DONT call please.

young pat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
Lol a girl that has mastered C+F? I'm yet to see that actually.

"Jamie Bond" really isn't working for me :s

On a more serious note a girl did the same to me, she'll **** you if you keep seeing her, and NOT in the good way. It'll be the biggest mind fvck ever, get away from her, if you start feeling obsessive for her, you WILL get pulled in, and you WILL experience a lot of negativity as a result. Interestingly however, if she does something you take as interest and a come on, you will feel the highest high, like a triple orgasm.

Not worth the emotional rollercoaster IMO, what comes up, in cases like this, must come down.

Truth. This chic will be the biggest mind fvck you could possible come across. I was in the same boat a while ago, and ever since I came to my senses and nexted the b!tch I realized that doing so has done nothing but good for me. Look at the actions, always postponing the "date" canceling the "date" in my experience, how ever limited it may be, she doesn't think about you on a sexual level, at best you are some poor b@stard she can suck attention out of.

But on another note please don't post after every phone call.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next.

How the **** can you still talk to this girl and not strangle a cat?

i'd orobably go into hulk mode and after destroying my punching bag i'd tell her something like "whoever told you to be yourself couldn't have given you any worse advice."

Walk away man. barring some serious game and a horseshoe up your ass, all you can find there is an aneurysm