flake?

GrandMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi.
set up a meeting with a girl yesterday for a meeting in 4 days. today she cancels the date per txt message, claiming a friend of hers having a birthday party which she has to attend.

she had suggested this time before, and I had told her I had to see if I was able to come, but that we should fix it and that I would call her if it didn't work out.

I know you guys can't know for sure if its a flake or not, but what is your general impression? I thought flakes where more like 15min before the date or something, but she told me 3 days before, which is quite nice of her, actually. but she didn't offer an alternative.

flake or not?

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be a flake, dunno - try setting up another meet with her a week later.

GrandMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonJuanMonk
Could be a flake, dunno - try setting up another meet with her a week later.
how about I tell her

"I think your friend will have to wait a little longer for you. I'll see you at 2.00"

??

can this come off to aggressive or jerklike?

would it be afc to just accept her canceling?

basbhat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't reply with that if it was me. I would just relax, and take Don Juan Monk's advice.

I think you would be responding in this manner b/c you want to "right" this situation. You don't need to show her that you need to be respected by telling her something like this.

Almost the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. She flaked, I went back to my life, waited a week, set up another date and went out with her....If your really offended, just forget her. I did this and the girl tried to set something up with me, so....just do your thing, don't overthink the strategy! peace

GrandMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by basbhat
I wouldn't reply with that if it was me. I would just relax, and take Don Juan Monk's advice.

I think you would be responding in this manner b/c you want to "right" this situation. You don't need to show her that you need to be respected by telling her something like this.

Almost the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. She flaked, I went back to my life, waited a week, set up another date and went out with her....If your really offended, just forget her. I did this and the girl tried to set something up with me, so....just do your thing, don't overthink the strategy! peace
thanks for the advice. and if she doesn't call within the next few days, should I call her again? I will of course pretend that nothing happened and that I was busy too, on that day. Ok, I mean if I don't call and she doesn't call, then it's not gonna be anything, so I better call, but still I don't like the idea too much. i mean ok the birthdayparty of her friend, ok ok it's possible, but doesn't that sound just like the cheapest excuse? but she had been the one suggesting that we meet! so it might be true. aaaaaaaaargh