Fitness journal

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
weight training and running today

17:00 two mile time. Felt like absolute **** because of my diet/pushing myself...

so ran some 400s at a 1:30 pace

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
so boxing practice has involved lots of running so I haven't been running pure 5ks as much but am planning on running one tomorrow to see where I am timewise. i am hoping for around 24:30 but we will see.

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
ran an old route at my parents house that used to take me 30 minutes about two months ago in 25 minutes tonight. A big improvement, but still lots of room for improvement.

Most of the guys at my boxing gym are in much better cardiovascular shape than I am, however I have been making improvements. The workouts have been completely exhausting.

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
jhonbardeen said:
The main reason why cardiovascular exercises are practiced every

Camp[/url]
Let me break down weight loss for you, eating less calories than you burn each day. You don't have to go to some fancy camp to do that. :)

Anyways ran a 14:20 2 mile today for a boxing try out and the cut off was 14:00- I was pretty close. I will be able to get it next month for sure I think.

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
ran a lot of stairs and sprints last night. Actually got invited to join the boxing squad which was a little unexpected due to my times missing their requirements by a little bit. I think it was a combination of good attendance and continual improvement

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
diasppointing news, tried to run tonight but my SI joint was out and it was too painful- only made it 400m before stopping. I think this happened either due to sleeping on it wrong or bending over too much fixing my messed up sink. I have been having problems with it before, and I think it should clear up by an update on Thursday.

Boxing has been going really well, I have been doing a lot of random road work and stair drills. I wanted to see how this

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
24:20 again today, ran 3 miles and some stairs on Friday. Again I felt really close to breaking the 24 minute barrier

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update I am down from a 31-30 to a 29 pants size and am sitting at 173 down five pounds since I started the thread in June.