Fist Fights ?

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, i know ladies like self control, confidence and being a man!

I mean, if this guy is threatening to "beat you up" (for whatever reason! -usually through no DIRECT action of your own) in say, a club, you joke and take the piss out of him for being insecure and mental..but hes still all huffy towards ya, ready to fight..should you walk away and forget about it, of thump this sucker down where he stands ?

Im not one to start fights, but i seem to create alot of tension with other guys and they usually become abusive towards me. I know they just hate my good looks, style and charm :D

How would ladies see this action ?
Too aggressive ? Insecure ? No self control ?
or
Tough ie ur not one to take any sh1t, being a MAN

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your in a fight the last thing you should be worrying about is how it looks to a chick. If they attack you, you are justified in defending yourself.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was once said that the greatest skill a fighter could ever have was the power to make an enemy into a friend. Try to be cool with the guy, but if he throws down then be prepared to do enough to halt his attacks and insure your safety and your date's safety.

-Grey Fox

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, thanks for the input.

Well, i never really want to make enemies fo get into fights. But, when they have one intention, of verbally abusing me, thinking like most people they pick on..will back down and thus making them look like the "tough guy" or "dominant male".... maybe they deserve to get there arse kicked.

Now, im not super man - but im a frequent gym goer and although i look pretty skinny / non muscley - atleast when clothed (hehe) i often train with the state boxing champ here in Australia.

And, i don't really want a lose lose situation eg have a fight plus look bad to the girls or the girlfriend, especially if i did get my butt kicked lol :mad:

Thx guys

Ack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would stand straight with my arms down, look him in the eyes and say calmly; "You are so cute when you get angry. But I don't have time for this." Then turn around and talk to one of my friends or something.

This way, if he does hit me (from behind), he will look like what he is; the smaller man. And then, someone will pull him away from me and hold him (they always do) so he can't mess me up too much. Then I would get up, look at him again, say "pathetic" and return to whoever I was talking to, while he would get thrown out of the club.

B

Bornslip

If you experience hostility from other people at i.e clubs, I believe that it's best to just treat them as people.
Just talk to him as you would to anyone else, ask him what's wrong, if there's a problem I'm sure it can be solved without a fight...
As Grey Fox so nicely put it, try to make him into a friend, don't be agressive, that would just be like asking for a fight, and also this shows the woman you're with that you've got self-control :D
But if all else fails, or if this guy just targeted you randomly for a fight, it's a good thing to protect yourself and your date, not to the extent that you might end up hurting the other guy, but just hold him off till someone comes to kick him outta there! :D

all_city

Reaction score
In my experience, ladies don't like 'fighters' who are only out to impress them. Dealing with a situation coolly and calmly is far more likely to make an impression.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
remember this : everytime you throw a punch, you have the ability to kill or seriously injure someone for life.
i almost broke my friends hand once, he cried for an hour from pain. not a good experience.

ds28

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, make sure you're not doing anything to create the situation in the first place. Teasing or being C+F or arrogant with a 200lb gorilla with bricks for brains isn't generally a good idea.

If ure sure you haven't anything to provoke the situation, then try and deal with the situation calmly but assertive. Fighting really is the very last resort (unlesss you live in Compton;) )

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kodiac
Ok, i know ladies like self control, confidence and being a man!

I mean, if this guy is threatening to "beat you up" (for whatever reason! -usually through no DIRECT action of your own) in say, a club, you joke and take the piss out of him for being insecure and mental..but hes still all huffy towards ya, ready to fight..should you walk away and forget about it, of thump this sucker down where he stands ?

Im not one to start fights, but i seem to create alot of tension with other guys and they usually become abusive towards me. I know they just hate my good looks, style and charm :D

How would ladies see this action ?
Too aggressive ? Insecure ? No self control ?
or
Tough ie ur not one to take any sh1t, being a MAN

Are you trying to tell me guys pick fights with you just because you are good looking?

vudufixit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a Friday's one day and this guy (in his early 40's) spent an entire conversation bragging to some woman about all of the fistfights he's been in recently. Big stocky guy in business attire, but otherwise not especially tough-looking. Wasn't sure if she was impressed.
As I left I had half a mind to say, "Wow, you must not be aging well, 'cause I thought only high school kids bragged about fisticuffs."
As you can tell, I think adults who resort to fistfighting are pathetic unless it's self-defense.
It can lead to an assault arrest, and/or a civil suit.
It's always best just to walk away.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I say do whatever you can to avoid the confrontation, but if some **** isn't giving you an out then put everything you have into making sure he doesn't get up. For instance, a drunken 22-23 year old bumped into me and spilled his drink. He starts screaming that I should watch where the hell I'm going and such, I just said sorry and walked away. If he pushed me, or continued the situation, I wouldn't be averse to picking up the bottle and beating him senseless

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vudufixit
I was in a Friday's one day and this guy (in his early 40's) spent an entire conversation bragging to some woman about all of the fistfights he's been in recently. Big stocky guy in business attire, but otherwise not especially tough-looking. Wasn't sure if she was impressed.
As I left I had half a mind to say, "Wow, you must not be aging well, 'cause I thought only high school kids bragged about fisticuffs."
As you can tell, I think adults who resort to fistfighting are pathetic unless it's self-defense.
It can lead to an assault arrest, and/or a civil suit.
It's always best just to walk away.
Agreed.

I've been in my fair share of fights and the one thing I've learned is that they are lose-lose. Either you take a beating OR you beat the piss out of a guy and risk an assault charge or lawsuit.
That's just plain stupid.

A buddy of mine was in a bar recently and some guy started talking smack to a female co-worker of his. He calmly went over there and asked if there was a problem and a guy came from the side and swung at him. He picked up one of those wooden bowls you find in bars and cracked the kid in the face with it. Blood everywhere. He is now facing a second degree assault charge (with a weapon - the wooden bowl) and about 10 grand in legal fees. He'll get out of it, because he was defending himself, but it's going to cost him serious $$$.

It's just not worth it.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, your input is greatly aprpeciated! And i see where you are coming from..so yeah, no fights for me unless it's the last resort.

I'm not usually aggressive but ive just had it with going out and having guys act like they are superior to me and that they'd kick my arse if i didn't bow down and kick their arse (or at least do what they said). This happened to me three weekends in a row. And i guess im just reconsidering my options in these situations, as usually i just walk away.

Are you trying to tell me guys pick fights with you just because you are good looking?
Naa, i was being a little sarcastic lol.. the first weekend it was because some fuk was jealous as i was having a great relationship with his EX (my girlfriend).. and he was just an insecure army n0b. The next weekend a bunch of guys cause apparently i almost hit them with my car (or beat them at the lights :p) and the weekend after because i was hitting on his Girlfriend (true!) lol

Thanks for you input, really appreciated!

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look up FM 21-125 "Combatives" on Google.

All you ever needed to know about fighting but were too scared to ask.

OleRyder

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would avoid a fight at all costs... but then again, another assault charge won't look good on my resume...

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been in a few fist fights, i would love you walk away be the weak one, but im the opposite, i never back down from a confrontation.

My female friends hate seeing me in fights, but ive also never been seriously hurt or lost.

Some of my female friends find me more manly for sticky up for myself, some might find me an idiot. But i know they would never think im a wuss, and thats what i dont want any of them to think.

Also if you didnt start the fight, i dont think the ladies would think you have mental problems, just backing youself up. But if you are a type to start fights for no reason at all, then maybe the ladies would have a negative opinion of you.

assasin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Metaphor, if you have a chance to get out peacefully, even if it makes you look dumb, take it. There are two many knives and guns out there for anything else.

But if supplication isn't going to get you out of the situation take your man down with whatever dirty tricks you can think of, and make sure he stays down long enough for you to get clear. Keep an eye out for his mates coming in aswell.

If you're in a situation where it's going to be you against multiple opponants you have no choice but to attack first to preserve your space, if they crowd around you, you will go down, no matter how good you are.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women will instigate it.. some, believe it or not, like to see this, and are turned on by it. Usually, they're the freaky ones too.

If push comes to shove, ya got to hit him in the mouth.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many factors

There are a lot of factors involved.

As a rule, I don't back down from a confrontation, but defuse it before it comes to blows. I'm not huge, but I've done my share of martial arts sparring, and know that most any adult can cause serious damage.

In absence of superior defensive skills, it would come down to who gets in the first good shot. One guy was about to start a row with me for flirting with a gal who -- though I didn't know it at the time -- was the girlfriend of a friend of his (the boyfriend was cool about it, and I don't know why the gal was so flirty, being attached). Anyway, I faced him with my hand in front -- palm open, telling him to keep his distance, ready to shoot out a kick if he crossed the line. He chilled out, and nothing happened. His friends apologized for his behavior. Must have been a jealous AFC.

If someone's bigger than you, the best thing to do -- if they have any control at all -- is to let them know how cowardly it is to start a fight with someone who's not your match, and how much you would enjoy seeing them go to jail and being some bigger guy's *****. If they're out of control, just get out of theoir way. No one will expect you to take on someone much bigger than you who's going psycho.