Fish Oil and Neon Pee?

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently started taking a fish oil supplement that has the omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids. I've noticed since then that my piss has been neon yellow and wanted to know if this is normal or if anyone else has run into this issue.
It's bright neon yellow, not the pale yellow of dehydration before anyone tells me I just need to drink more water. Even after I've had 120 or more ounces of water in a day its been that color. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop taking fish oil and see if the color changes back?
i don't think my pee change when i take fish oils.
then again, the color does change everyday so i don't really notice the specific colors.
it's like a nice little surprise every morning, what color will my pee be?

Kuroro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't experienced this, I don't think you need the extra 6 and 9 fatty-acids, btw. Just buy regular fish-oil.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Edit: I Just realized you're talking about fish oil and not a multivitamin. This happens to me when I take my multivitamin but not when I take fish oil. Are you sure it's just fish oil and not vitamins too?

Last edited:

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get neon pee from fish oil, it's from vitamins.

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be my vitamins too. I'll try not taking my multi for a day or two, and then not take the fish oil for a day or two and see which one it is. But its not a big deal is it? Just something I have to get used to seeing in the toilet?

Adam B

Don Juan
Reaction score
I take vitamins and fish oil and my piss is usually about as clear as water. Every now and then there's a yellow-ish hue to it, but that's it.

DJ Noble

Don Juan
Reaction score
This happens to me when I take the GNC Mega Men suppliment. Happens to my buddies too. Its normal.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys mentioning the multivitamins are right...as far as I remember, the compound flavin, which is a core compound from which many of the B vitamins are derived emits light at 540 nm. This is a highly intense yellowish color in the visual light color spectrum as far as I know. This is why you get the "glow in the dark" pee!

Its perfectly normal. I get it al the time when I take my B-complex!

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. At least I know I'm not alone in the world with my glowing piss.