First time in a while I got really close with a female.

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
So, I went over this chick's house with a friend because they had some business together. Real business... not 'getting busy' business. Anyway, their meeting only took about 20 minutes and he had to step out for a couple hours so I stayed back with this chick.

First, she's really friendly and looks just like Kate Bosworth. We talked for two hours. The way I read her body language, she seemed really comfortable. I kept the conversation focused on her, occasionally throwing in some stuff about myself. She brought up past BFs but never said anything about seeing someone currently.

While we were talking, I was admiring her photographs, books and movies... so she gave me two books and a movie. She said I should definitely read them, but that was kind of odd cause I live 60 miles away which she knew. Either she don't care about the books or wanted to give me something so I can keep in touch and come back.

She also gave me her number and email address. It wasn't a throwaway email like yahoo, but a university email.

Like I said, this is the first time I've talked with a female in this fashion. This is the closest I've been with a female in a long time.

I sent her an email saying thanks for letting me borrow the movie and books, and I asked to see her again to watch the flick "The Thing". She likes horror movies and never saw this classic.

Hell, with my luck, she may politely turn me down.

What do you think about this situation? If she has an excuse for not seeing me again, obviously I mis-read her body language and she was just being polite.

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
ArtVandelay said:
Go to loveshack if you want relationship advice.

When are you going to show her your "thing?"
I really don't understand this response. Is this the wrong forum for this type of discussion?

I will show her my "thing" after "The Thing".

I do want to bang her and I will let her know I'm sexually attracted to her. What's that move called...kino...if she invites me back to watch the movie, I will be using kino.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it man. She's interested enough to talk to you and share her interests and give you some of her personal films/books. I say call her, talk to her and see what happens. I hope she calls back to watch the movie.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it man. She's interested enough to talk to you and share her interests and give you some of her personal films/books. I say call her, talk to her and see what happens. I hope she calls back to watch the movie.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah you're doing well, you've got some rapport going. make sure you dont fall into the friedzone. once you're there you'll never get out

do kino and all that stuff, get across your intentions

also hearing you say its the first time you got close to somebody like this, dont fall into the common trap of 'falling in love' with her, just because she is the first girl thats treated you like this. dont develop Oneitis basically

i've seen it many times, a few peopel i konw meet a chick for the first time, and are so emotionally invested in her alrady just because she was nice to them

ArtVandelay

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry for being an a**, confused. I got the impression from reading your original post that you were falling for her easily and putting her on a pedestal, as lordson alluded to, because she was nice to you and "different" than other girls. As long as you don't let your guard down, you should be fine.

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
lordson said:
yeah you're doing well, you've got some rapport going. make sure you dont fall into the friedzone. once you're there you'll never get out

do kino and all that stuff, get across your intentions

also hearing you say its the first time you got close to somebody like this, dont fall into the common trap of 'falling in love' with her, just because she is the first girl thats treated you like this. dont develop Oneitis basically

i've seen it many times, a few peopel i konw meet a chick for the first time, and are so emotionally invested in her alrady just because she was nice to them
I fell in love with a girl once just because she was friendly towards me. This was when I was 18 (5 years ago). I vowed never to send roses (I did), call 10 times a day (I did), and generally be the biggest AFC.

The email I sent will be the first and only one if she doesn't reply back. If she replies back, then I won't respond for a few days and then give her a call to set something up.

I may be craving the companionship of a female on the inside, but on the outside, I will show that I'm a man with other more important things to do than being a AFC.

BTW, she had somewhere to be after the two hours we spent talking, and she asked me to zip up her dress when she was getting dressed. And I walked her to the car and she gave me a hug. I was going to make the hug last a second or two longer but we just met so I didn't want to be too forthcoming.

EDIT: She does not seem to be slutty at all, but just really nice and down to earth.

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
I will definitely keep this thread updated with the outcome of things. I'm not going to lie... I'm happy. I will be aware of that line... falling for a girl easily.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck man! Just remember its all should be fun, it's a learning experience. If you relax and just make it fun and don't overthink it all!

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
urgh... the asking to zip up the dress and the hug doesn't sound too good. to my knowledge it looks like you're heading towards the friendzone. have you been kino'ing and trying to seduce her a bit?

get some more advice from some of these guys

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
lordson said:
urgh... the asking to zip up the dress and the hug doesn't sound too good. to my knowledge it looks like you're heading towards the friendzone. have you been kino'ing and trying to seduce her a bit?
Yeah, I thought about that. Since it's the first time I ever met or saw this girl, I kinda forgot all about kino'ing. I've had some opportunities to do so, but f'ed up. That's why I'm hoping we can meet up again and I can show her I am man who thinks she's sexy and I'm not interested in just being friends.

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, I sent the email two days ago but she still hasn't responded. Either she didn't read it, she read it but waiting a while to reply, or she read it but really don't want to see me.

I hate to post stuff like this, but this is the email I wrote on Friday afternoon.

Hey xxxxxxx,

This is xxxxx... today wasn't that bad. You're a very sweet and friendly person, but you already know that. :)

I'm probably going to watch the movie later tonight, cause I always sleep late. I hope I'm in for a good laugh.

Can we chill together again soon? I can bring the movie 'The Thing'... can't believe you haven't seen it. Tsk tsk.

Talk to you soon.
I don't think it's bad. Although I wish that I didn't say 'soon' twice. Maybe just 'talk to you later' or 'can we chill together again?".

If I screwed up my chances, at least I learned some things. I will not send another email, but if she don't reply by Thursday then I'll give her a call, see what she's up to blah blah blah.

Questions...

1. If she replies to my email favorably, should I call her the next night and set up the 'movie date'?

2. Should I recommend we do something else along with coming back to the crib and watching the movie?

3. If she doesn't reply to my email at all, and I call her on Thursday, what should I say? Should I even mention the email?

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're missing the forest for the trees.

"She also gave me her number and email address. It wasn't a throwaway email like yahoo, but a university email."

And you wrote her an email and basically asked for a date in the email and are now having to wait to see if she answers your email...

... HOW could you miss the fact that she gave you her phone number and NOT use that number to get your date with her? Getting a number trumps an email address - period, I don't care to hear any rationalizations about it.

You would've called her, gotten her on the phone and then after a little chit chat, make a date. And you would have your answer already instead of twisting in the wind waiting and basically making it harder for yourself.

Don't ask for dates via email.

Take action. Be decisive. Step up to the plate, grab that bat and... Call her already and get that date.

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
Don't ask for dates via email.

Take action. Be decisive. Step up to the plate, grab that bat and... Call her already and get that date.
You smacked me in the face and I needed it. :)

I'll call tomorrow night, chit chat for a bit, and get right to the point.