First success with slight set back

gigantasaurus

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say I've never had a girlfriend, and I've never asked a girl for her number, before this. Had plenty of conversations with girls, but never pursued them.

So I was at a dance Saturday night, and I end up dancing with this girl I'm interested in. I've only talked with her one time before this. So we fluff talk for a few minutes while we slow-dance, then the song ends. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Do you like to draw?
Her: Yes (kind of confused)
Me: Good (pulls out notepad and pencil), do me a favor and draw me a self portrait.
Her: OK
She draws for about 10 seconds then hands it back to me. Then I hold up the notebook next to her face comparing the two.
Me: That's pretty good
Friend that was standing near by: Yeah right, she looks better than that
I ignore him totally, then hand her the notepad and pencil back.
Me: Now write an interesting fact about yourself
She takes it and writes something about herself
Me: Oh yeah, don't forget to right your name above your picture
She then rights her name.
Me: Now this is the most important part. Turn the paper over... and right your number
Her: So is this what you've been getting at?
I smile and shrug. She writes her number down and hands me the notebook and paper.
Me: See ya later
I walk away

Now, I called her today, and this is how the conversation went:

Her: Hello?
Me: Is this *girl's name*?
Her: Yes
Me: Guess who?
Her: Gigantasaurus
Me: YAY! How'd you guess that?
Her: You have a very distinct voice
Me: Is that good or bad?
Her: It's good
Me: Hey are you going to the party tomorrow?
Her: You mean *other girl's name*'s party? Yeah I'm going
Me: How would you like to get some pizza before the party?
Her: Pizza? With who?
Me: With ME!!
Her: Just you?
Me: Yep
Her: Well I kind of have a boyfriend
Me: I tell you what- *click*
No I didn't hang up on her. I wait a few seconds and call her back
Me: Hey what happened?
Her: I tried to call you back... Well I'm in my friends basement, and I lost reception.
Me: Ok. Well as I was saying, if you don't tell him I promise I won't tell
Her: Well he's going to be at the party, so that wouldn't work.
Me: Ok. How about Saturday?
Her: Saturday? I don't know
Me: So are you guys pretty serious?
Her: We've been going out for two months
Me: So when are you guys getting married?
Her: *laughs* We're not that serious
Me: Well if you're not that serious then I guess you can come on Saturday.
Her: I dunno. I'll talk to you at the party tomorrow
Me: Alright see ya.
Her: Bye

Looking back I think I should'nt have called her back when we got disconnected. Instead wait for her to call me back, and pretend like she has the wrong number, just for laughs.

Anyway, obviously this is a problem. She does have interest, or else she wouldn't have given me her number. But she doesn't want to hurt her boyfriend. Any ideas on how I should approach this? I'm going to see her tomorrow during the party.

I'm thinking I should hit on her in front of her boyfriend, and let him get jealous. We all know girls don't like jealous guys. I'm also going to take her aside and just say flat out, "How's 6 o'clock Saturday?". If she disagrees to that on behalf of her boyfriend, I'll sugest something like me bringing a movie to her house and watching it, that way we're not really "going out".

Please give suggestions and critique my convos.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It comes down to whether or not you're willing to ruin their relationship of two months to get some tail?

I live by the "do unto others" mindset for the most part, but it comes down to if you don't mind screwing this guy over for yourself.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it would feel so good to take a girl with a boyfriend...I thought that too. But just recently, I thought about how it would feel to have my girl cheat on me...not a good feeling. So even though it seems tempting, don't do it. Be a true pimp and let other get their game on

gigantasaurus

Reaction score
Originally posted by DJoneday
It comes down to whether or not you're willing to ruin their relationship of two months to get some tail?

I live by the "do unto others" mindset for the most part, but it comes down to if you don't mind screwing this guy over for yourself.
Actually I'm looking more for a LTR. I know what you guys are saying. I suppose if she has enough interest, she'll break up with her boyfriend, then I'll make my move. I remember reading in Anti-Dump's Machine that most relationships last about 2 months, so we'll see. Maybe I'll be the influencing factor.

Any comments on my approaches?

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lmao...something tells me you frequent another similar site... I don't know for the sake of me how that draw a self portrait thing worked, I think the people who originated that designed for it to be in a toned down setting, like a dinner, not in the middle of a dance, lol.

The bf line was good "when are you gettin married" just like the archives say it, good job.

Talk to her at the party and recalibrate her, she could have just given you the number and be a flake, lots of girls do that. She seems to be dodgin you on the phone and the "I was in my friends's basement"line seems a little iffy.

I wou;dn't really think about making her your gf, @ the most she is maybe a fb, or a one time thing, but you don't make a gf the chick you stole, cuz she prolly gonna do it to you

gigantasaurus

Reaction score
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
lmao...something tells me you frequent another similar site... I don't know for the sake of me how that draw a self portrait thing worked, I think the people who originated that designed for it to be in a toned down setting, like a dinner, not in the middle of a dance, lol.

The bf line was good "when are you gettin married" just like the archives say it, good job.

Talk to her at the party and recalibrate her, she could have just given you the number and be a flake, lots of girls do that. She seems to be dodgin you on the phone and the "I was in my friends's basement"line seems a little iffy.

I wou;dn't really think about making her your gf, @ the most she is maybe a fb, or a one time thing, but you don't make a gf the chick you stole, cuz she prolly gonna do it to you
PM me what board you think I visit.

I don't ever recall reading a "draw a self portrait" tip before. And I thought I made it up... oh well. I think it worked because I am a playful, spontaneous kind of guy.

I'm positive she didn't hang up on me (I dont' know if you were hinting at that), because it was a second right after she said something, and there wasn't really a click (even though I typed that into the conversation).

I'd say she's got interest because she's actually the one that approached me at the dance. BTW, it was a church dance, so it wasn't really all flashy lights and grinding. We're both religious, so fb isn't an option. I know she really has a boyfriend, because I told a friend I was interested in her, and he said, "Well she's already got a boyfriend".

I'm thinking of something along the lines of "You've got my number? Okay give me a call when you don't have a boyfriend". I don't care if she never calls. But I was hoping to make a catch since this was my first try.

gigantasaurus

Reaction score
Well I did the right thing guys. I didn't really talk to her at all during the party, but right before she left I gave her a hug and said, "You've got my number? Give me a call when you're available." Then that was that.

When I got home I shredded her number. Now it's time to move on to bigger better fish!

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gigantasaurus
When I got home I shredded her number. Now it's time to move on to bigger better fish!
NICE

btw next time, don't say anything, least of all to call you when she's available, cause that makes it sound like as soon as she calls you'll jump for her. it'll never happen. just break off contact entirely. when she breaks up with the dude, she'll let you know (if she's interested)

gigantasaurus

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Debonaire
NICE

btw next time, don't say anything, least of all to call you when she's available, cause that makes it sound like as soon as she calls you'll jump for her. it'll never happen. just break off contact entirely. when she breaks up with the dude, she'll let you know (if she's interested)
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I'll move on to another girl pretty soon. I'm very picky though.

BTW she pretty much stuck around her boyfriend the whole night (or was he sticking around with her?). They were laughing a little bit and seemed pretty playful, but there was NO physical contact between them that I saw. Seemed more like a case of LJBF, but only time will tell.