First Cycle..2nd day, my head hurts like ****.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yesterday I started myb first cylce of creatine. 5gs a day, 30 minutes prior to my workout.
Today I returned to the weight room, having already taken my creatine. I sat down and did a warm-up set...only after my 5th rep, my head got a rush of the most awful headache ever, right on the back-left side of my head. I gaveup and sat out the rest fo the afternoon, adn the ehadache continued for over 2 hours, until I took advil and passed out.

Normal? anyone else experience this? I don't knwo ifo the creatine ahd anything to do with it, but i hope not.
Any suggestions?

edit: i might add that yesterday i worked my ass off, the most i had ever done. I didnt feel the ache until this morning, my arms aiched all dayd,b tu i assuemd this was a side-effetc of the creatine and had planned on lifting intensely again today[which obviosuly didn't happen]

Last edited:

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT normal.

If you have any side-effects, you should discontinue use. You're not supposed to feel anything except for maybe a little dizziness, increased energy.

That may or may not be related to creatine, though.

I'd say take a couple days off, and then start taking creatine again, if you feel anything then just don't use again.

Champion

Reaction score
Hmm... could be totally unrelated to creatine but who knows. Are you drinking enough water (at least a gallon/day)?

I remember in track in high school, I'd be taking creatine and whenever I was dehydrated I'd get these incredible headaches. Gulping down some water would always clear things up.

I know that creatine works in a way that it pushes water from your body into your muscles. That's why your muscles appear more swollen when your on it.

Maybe the reason for the headache is that because more water is being pushed into your muscles there is less for your brain.