Finding your identity

ABGPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
i need help to i can find my identity. is it how i see myself or what?and how you find/discover it?

i need to change my perception of life(my reality) because its very dull boring and uninteresting at this point. some one please help me with all these

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might first want to take a bonafide personality test, such as the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator or the Enneagram Indicator. Both are available online for free at various sources so do a search. Knowing what basic personality you have will form a good foundation.

I am "INTJ" (Meyers-Briggs) and a "Four with a Five wing" (Enneagram).

Whether you do the personality tests or not, the next thing you should do is think of some guy you admire. Perhaps a movie star or singer. Maybe this guy is suave, cool and charming. Let's say you admire George Clooney. Okay, go rent a few George Clooney movies, the ones where he's really cool. One great example is "Ocean's Eleven".

Try to pick up on his body language, his facial expressions, how he looks people in the eyes, how he talks to people, how he dresses. Make note of all of these things.

Then decide which things about him you wish to emulate. "BE" your chosen hero for 3 days and see how it feels. If it works well, decide to "be" this person for exactly 21 days, because it is proven that if you can change your patterns for at least 21 days, it will begin to transform you. Less than 21 days doesn't work and any time over that is even better.

You get the idea.

And congratulations for wanting to change. It's a sign of health.

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey RKtek I took the Myers Briggs just for the hell of it and I am a Rational. Which is also an INTJ along with a few of the other Rational personalities such as Fieldmarshal and Architect etc.

Apparantly we are a rare breed with only 5 - 7% of the population falling into the rationals group. I found something very interesting in the Fieldmarshall catagory of rational, and that was these people often find themselves the leader and are totally mystified as to how? That is so unbeleivably true, it seems no matter what I do, no matter how much I originally want to just hang back and watch, I always end up teaching, leading or being in a top position. Then when I get there I'm mystified as to how it happened. When I read that it just blew me away!

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can take that test free?
Only ones I can find want you to pay!

Oh and I found out that I've got an IQ of 124 on Emode, top 4% of the Population!
It ****ed up some of my questions at that as well, i probably would have got higher

Smug mode on.

Lionheart
--------------------------------------------

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the link.
http://www.advisorteam.com/user/ktsintro1.asp

After you take the test they send you an e mail with a link to there main page where you can read more about the personality type you have. It's free, but you can also order some report if you want.

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A PhD graduate assistant I was dating many moons ago gave me the bona-fide ($$$) version of the Meyers-Briggs test and I came out to be INTJ. I later took the free online version of the Kiersey Temperament Sorter and ended up with the same result. Kiersey called my type "The Mastermind".
http://keirsey.com/personality/ntij.html

Don't know if Keirsey still has the free test but you might nose around the site to see. It's one of the better ones.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a good Myers Briggs test that doesn't require your e-mail address or any BS like that. About 10 minutes long.

By the way, ESTJs are the best (i.e. Ofus)

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The original post seems like he is talking about self perception and self esteem..and what steps he can take to battle those struggles and change his view on reality.

Those tests will reveal your personality..surely understanding your personality could be used as a stepping stone towards understanding yourself..and figuring out who you are and what you want out of life.

go the the bookstore and buy a self esteem book that has homework assighnments in them (psychocybernetics is one..another good one is called "Self Esteem: by McKay)

Im in the psych profession, and found these books both valuable personally and professionally.

Good luck.

Sin and Vice

Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL cool test.....Im an EntJ. Had to laugh, this soo describes me lol:
ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

carbani

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is great :D

ENTJ: "Tyrant"
Knows better than everyone how things should be done and works tirelessly to obtain the power to make it happen that way.

Invisible

Reaction score
Personality tests are for the most part bull****. Psychology is kind of a bull**** science. In my opinion.

The problem I have with all this psychological thinking is that if you let it, it will limit you from your full potential. Personal Identity is a serious question, and will be the most important philosophical question of the new century. But enough philosophy...

In my opinion, your only limits are the ones you create for yourself. If you think you are uninteresting then you are. Change the way you think. Pick up a hobby. Is there something you felt like you've always wanted to do but felt incapable of doing? like playing a musical instrument for example. Then that is probably a sign you should overcome such non-sensical doubt and just learn how to do it.

You are the author of yourself. The author of your life.

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Download any of the Anthony Robbins stuff from *****.

Edit: I'm an ENTP, cool.

Thoose stars were suposed to be K A Z A A ...
didn't know that was filterd as well :confused:

Last edited:

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
an IQ test doesn't mean 5hit.

You want to find yourself, right? You think you can just look in the closet? Or take some online test and expect to figure out exactly who you are?

An old teacher once said to me, "Let go of everything you hold dear to you and with what is left, will be you".

In the end, there is only one person that can tell you who you are. And I think we all know who that is :)

peace

regulus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I scored INFJone the first test and INTJ on the second. I'm either a duty filler or a protector.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two years ago, I took some of these Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator tests.

I was an INTP.

Now, I took the test just for kicks to see how much I have changed.

I am NOW an ENFP.

Big difference, both of the "descriptions" under the types fit my personality at that time. I used to sit around and think up stuff, but now I am more lively and people oriented.

But I do agree with Invisible, you are the author of your own life. These "personality tests" only tell you what you have done. You decide what you will do. "Personality" is no more than an outwerd manifestation of your thoughts and goals, and those can easily be changed.