Fighting...

DannyB0y

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a small problem when fighting.
I do boxing, and can get some good punches in a fight. I know how to use my elbows, knees, fists, feet whatever. But, i cant use these in a fight. Why? You see, these guys im always fighting with coem in flailing their arms about like a retard on smack and whenever they do get a punch in (which is rare as they too busy flying their arms about) they dont a bit. Unfortunatly, when fighting, i cant get any good hits in as their arms are all over, they are dragging me around by my shirt and just generally acting like an idiot. I dont do this however and try to land my punches on their jaw or chin or kidneys or groin, but not on their nose and forehead and back of the head like these ****ers do
Its just a pain and id like any advice on what to do and how to hit them when there pulling you around and flailing their fists about

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Reaction score
how about instead of hitting them you drop down low and do a leg tackle and get them on the ground

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptainMorgan
how about instead of hitting them you drop down low and do a leg tackle and get them on the ground
Hes a boxer, not a grappler didnt you get that from his post.

As far as your problem, I just think that you still need a ways to go before you have the skill to beat someone in a street fight with pure boxing. Keep working at it, get condition, and learn how to throw fast and hard combinations, and block too.

trippychip

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have that same problem before i started taking Krav Maga. Since im shorter then most of the ppl i fight i find that i like to be right up close to someone. Personally i just learned not to fight angry. Cuz i fight an angry guy and he throws wild telegraphed punches that i see from a mile away and embarass him. If i get grabbed i like to grab the head and elbow with the other hand. Really its all about the state of mind. Always wait, an oppertunity will arise. He will **** up and leave himself open.

trippychip

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh ok sorry i forgot about the pulling around thing. I suggest you take a few months and go to a judo class. the **** they teach you there is genius, no guy will ever try to grab you again. The principle is using somone momentum against them. For example if a guy was trying to shove me forwards, right before his hands make contact i grab them and pull, thus he is off balance and easy to beat up. Basically if they are pulling you, you have to take a leap forward and then either sweep them or keep shoving them in the direction their momentum is going. Also what works is to set ppl up. So if i want to throw a guy on my left side i first start pushing right. His natural reactiom will be to push left, at this moment i spin and pull him left. Simple physics dictates that hes ****ed at this point.

Dezperado

Reaction score
From my expereince

Ok, several things. It sounds like you may be fighting more then one guy at a time, not clear really. Well the best way to take care of that is to simply taunt them into fighting one on one. Worked 90% of the time in my experience. Also, do this before the fight breaks out, in the 'namecalling' stage.

Also, do not try to apply your boxing skills too much when doing a highschool fight, it simply doesn't work and ALL fights no matter what you try and do come down to grappling very very fast. Therefore, early on, kicks work very well as they try to run at you and go into the grappling position - but so can a well landed punch.

Since you cannot avoid grappling, your only option is to learn a few simple holds. As in the guy grabs out by the collar or the neck, pull your arms up between his and then extend upward, you can even wrap each of your arms around his as you are extending upward and get him in a sort of frontal lock where he is immobalized.

If the fight is serious, just try to land the most devastating hit you possibly can while the guy is charging you, and they always will. :D

Even boxing goes down to grappling, and then the ref breaks it up again. So don't expect your skills to be the ultimate weapon, just use your head and you should be fine.

trippychip

Don Juan
Reaction score
The key is simple, stay calm, dont get angry or riled up, and watch for openings. You will find many. Ive found that when fighting someone whos angry they dont care about defence and think they can take a bat to the head. Well if you pound them enough, especially in the same spot, they will go down. Just stay calm, watch, wait, and when the oppertunity presents itself strike.

You might have to take a hit or 2 to get him to open but thats ok. Make sure when you throw its gonna count. Dont throw when your not positive you can hit.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me throwing the first and most punches will almost always win, especially in school or a place where the fight is going to be broken up in less than a minute, cause then you dont have time to wait for an opening or you will get messed up before you can see the opening. But if you know you got a few minutes, get them to the ground and unload on their face or if you get in a headlock, bite their arm and punch their kidneys as well as wrap your leg behind or in front of theirs and then move that way to trip them.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're a boxer but you don't know how to hit someone flailing around? What the hell are they teaching you @ boxing?

Do some footwork, so you swivel your entire body, and you are a right angle to them and they have to turn their body to hit you. Then they don't have as much power behind the punches, and you have a broader target to hit. It aint all about the nose and the forehead anyways, any boxer knows that. If they are flailing and no form, just throw a couple jabs and get out before they can do any real damage. And since they are flailing, it is MUCH easier to see them telegraph their punches and for you to avoid them.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not hit them with their mouth open talking ****? Always works for me. Time spent talking is time spent wasted.

If they charg at you with their arms flailing, a good straigt kick or punch works well. Also, taking a lunge sideways (to strafe em) and getting a hit before they ajust and square up works ok.

If they get some hits... what do you do when your boxing and someones got you half off balance and is starting to throw some decent punches? You wrap them up... if you can, take them to the floor and dont be afraid to use any kind of attack u can - headbutt, knees, elbows.

In general, the most important thing regarding fighting, is to be any good at it you have to do it often. Its that simple... if you can take two flush hits to the face before youre dazed and off balance and the other kid cant... chances are you will win.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DannyB0y
I have a small problem when fighting.
I do boxing, and can get some good punches in a fight. I know how to use my elbows, knees, fists, feet whatever. But, i cant use these in a fight. Why? You see, these guys im always fighting with coem in flailing their arms about like a retard on smack and whenever they do get a punch in (which is rare as they too busy flying their arms about) they dont a bit. Unfortunatly, when fighting, i cant get any good hits in as their arms are all over, they are dragging me around by my shirt and just generally acting like an idiot. I dont do this however and try to land my punches on their jaw or chin or kidneys or groin, but not on their nose and forehead and back of the head like these ****ers do
Its just a pain and id like any advice on what to do and how to hit them when there pulling you around and flailing their fists about

You know what dude? I was in boxing too and the thing I do when I fight is defend defend defend

See since they're too busy flailing their hands about i just move out of the ways, step to the side or take some of their shots and than they get tired

Or whenever I have the chance I send a blow to their open body which fu*ks them up. But thats just me

DannyB0y

Don Juan
Reaction score
i love you guys :D

bob88

Don Juan
Reaction score
if the fight is in school then the best way to win is to throw the first punch while all the trashtalking is going on...if u have something on you like your backpack the best thing is to take it off and throw it straight to the face of the guy, at this point they will catch it on instinct (unless they are uberly retarted) and just rush them right there...sure it might be the bravest way but hey when the guy is taller and buffer then you its a great way to knock them down before they start throwing at you

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't leave yourself open. Make sure that after every move you do, you have another one ready to either keep the hurt on him or be able to defend yourself.
For instance, immediately after you strike, put your fist back into a blocker position just in case, because you could miss and that could lead to bad consequences.

About group fights: beat up the biggest one, the rest run away. One-on-one challenge is the best way to do it, and make sure there's no one behind you the whole time.

When I fight, I'm always under control, I punch wherever I see an opening, I keep throwin till he's gone. I let myself be hit sometimes cuz it pisses me off even more and puts the extra sauce on my knuckle sandwich. I fight like a maniac (but I'm in total control), and I have never lost.