FIFA WORLD CUP - Official thread!

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zidane is an idiot. Though I think everyone can agree that France played the better soccer in the second half through OTs, Italy deserved this win. Zidane...:(

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ITALIA! This game was one hell of a game, congrats to Italy. They deserve it, and I'm so ****ing happy for them.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice match. Italy won woo-hoo!!!

Zidane is an idiot in fact. How intelligent it is to end a nice career like that... :(

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zidane would've thrown a hook if his arm wasnt hurting lol

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, it's not a fact, it's an opinion.
One of the most underrated players of this tournament has been Materazzi. He's performed really well in Nesta's absense.
Forza Matrix and forza Italia! :)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great game ... and very strange. Yeah, France outplayed Italy for most of the game, but did not excute their set plays very well, with corner kicks that were way off the mark. Italy's goal was marvelous; a textbook corner kick.

As for Zidane, there could not be a better example of a bonehead play.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zinedine Zidane is an exellent player and every football player should look up to his career with the ball , but we tend to forget that he is aswell a human being and as every human being he sometimes cant control his anger... Zidane is a pretty lowdown player who keeps his cool , he wouldtn have reacted the way he did unless he was seriously provoked , if you watched the replay you can see that matarazzi gives zidane a purple nurple and zidane tries to walk away saying some few words , but then matarazzi clearly says something really provoking and it clearly upsets Zidane alot....
We shouldnt forget what has happened in italy the past few months , some clearly racist remarks from other italian soccer players, hey it was in italy were facisme was created , so they usually tend to think of themself above all other..... i wont say that the Italian national team are racists , but hey 11 out of 11 italien players are white while 7 out of 11 french players are black....

But what is really sad is , that Zinedine Zidane one of the greatest fotball players will now be used and abused by the medie who will in the end make his whole career orbit around this incident...

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ps : theres some theories about what mazaratti said to zidane :

a italian deaf person watching the game on tv said that he could read mazaratti`s lips and this is what mazeratti said to Zidane :

"you fuc'kedup phedofile assfuc'ker"

now if this is true , then i can kinda understand why zidne got mad , cuz mazeratti is known for being a a**hole on the field and he has been talking smack to many players ....

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dissapointed.

France should have won this.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morphiex said:

a italian deaf person watching the game on tv said that he could read mazaratti`s lips and this is what mazeratti said to Zidane :

now if this is true , then i can kinda understand why zidne got mad , cuz mazeratti is known for being a a**hole on the field and he has been talking smack to many players ....
I'm sure there will be a post game interview with Zidane and Mazeratti. Obvously we'll hear two sides of the same story. Which one we believe will be the question.

Regardless, as a professional, he SHOULD have risen above it regardless of what was said. Sure we can understand his reaction but the game was tied and he's a team captian. The burden of responsibility definately lies with him for displaying above average leadership from him to the rest of his team. Maybe he could have changed the outcome of the game had he not have been ejected. I'd say it's just a game and it isn't that important but let's not kid ourselves here.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though the game itself was pretty lame (Germany v. Italy was much more fun to watch), it was nice to see the team I was rooting for win to the end. Zidane was a fool to do what he did, no matter what anyone was saying to him that is just uncalled for. Overall though I was disappointed with Italy in the game, after the first half it's like they just stopped trying.

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mazaratti fell like a sack of dirt. Now why do that? What purpose is it to fall from a headbutt to the chest? Are we spose to believe that Zidane has a superhuman head that crushes lungs when he just touches you. France deserved to win and Italy had a cheap tournament. They had a great defence but they relied on diving and dirty tactics to win it instead of pure football.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this sucks so bad.

france should have won, zidane should have just somehow kept his cool.. .fvck.

do italians really think they deserved this one? "oooh, we played like sh!t, but won because one of the french couldn't hit a penalty"

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consent said:
How come they didn't use Totti for the penalty kicks?
Totti has suffered an injury in March and hasn't totally healed yet, so he probably was unable to play for another 40 minutes.

Morphiex said:
We shouldnt forget what has happened in italy the past few months , some clearly racist remarks from other italian soccer players
I don't know what exactly you are referring to, but stuff like this has happened everywhere. Remember Eto'o in Spain?

Morphiex said:
hey it was in italy were facisme was created , so they usually tend to think of themself above all other.....
This is the most non-sense sentence ever written on this board. I completely despise fascism (and not facisme), but what has this to do with thinking to be above other people? If you are talking about Nationalism, it's something that has affected EVERY european nation and fascism was just a degeneration of that, caused by lots of other factors.

Morphiex said:
but hey 11 out of 11 italien players are white while 7 out of 11 french players are black....
This is even worse than the last one. Do you know why so many black people are in the France National team? Because lots of black people live in France. Why lots of people live in France? Because Frenchmen used to go all crazy and stuff conquering colonies in Africa until 50 years ago. People that didn't want to suffer and die there used to escape to France. Their grandsons now consider themselves French. Why aren't there any black people in Russian team? Why aren't there any black people in Swedish team? Why aren't there any black people in Greek team?

Morphiex said:

Materazzi (and not Mazaratti) is an idiot and is used to provoke other players, but he has never called Zidane "you fùcked up pedophile assfùcker", he just defined him a "terrorist". Materazzi has made a big mistake (and in my opinion he should have been disqualified lots of other times in the past), but Zidane had no right to hit him close to the heart with his head.

Quit posting bullshìt and get your facts straight.