Female Breadwinner

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a similar topic in the Mature Man forum and wanted to discuss it here. How would you feel about living with or being married to a woman who was the primary breadwinner? Do you think such a relationship can last without the woman losing respect for the man?

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
I saw a similar topic in the Mature Man forum and wanted to discuss it here. How would you feel about living with or being married to a woman who was the primary breadwinner? Do you think such a relationship can last without the woman losing respect for the man?
I'd say its a tiny bit possible but very extremely unlikely

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
It depends on the woman, how she was raised, what culture she was rasied in ect.

I mean as long as you game her properly, and she has respect for you it would be fine I think.

However women in western culture.... I don't think it would be good at all 98% of the time.

LP700-4

Banned
Reaction score
Everything is relative. If the woman is a surgeon, for example, and the man is a company exec head and the woman still earns more than him, the financial earning disparity wouldn't be too much.

If the woman is a surgeon and the man is a mailman or factory worker then you're looking at hundreds of thousands in disparity and the woman might totally dominate the man unless she has some kind of crazy immense respect for him.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if these type of women who have their own place I assume don't mind dating or hooking up with a guy who still lives at home, don't get me wrong I'm not saying or expecting for these type of women to actually take care of me, saying they don't mind using their place as a source of privacy, because it seems like a harsh deal breaker if a woman has her own place it turns her off if she has to keep bringing the man back to her own place but it seems it's meant to be the other way around unfortunately

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
women (despite of the feminist BS they repeat like parrots) want a man to whom they can look up to, and feel protected. if the gap is small,there may be ok. but if the women earns WAY MORE than the man, it will be very hard to keep balance.and this is not even mentioning the shaming and ridiculing both parties receive from a society, where we SPEAK feminism, but think like cavemen. women also. the women would be the target of all kinds of jokes, and so would be the man.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CrimsonPanther said:
women (despite of the feminist BS they repeat like parrots) want a man to whom they can look up to, and feel protected. if the gap is small,there may be ok. but if the women earns WAY MORE than the man, it will be very hard to keep balance.and this is not even mentioning the shaming and ridiculing both parties receive from a society, where we SPEAK feminism, but think like cavemen. women also. the women would be the target of all kinds of jokes, and so would be the man.
Yeah in a way the feminist movement was a huge mistake

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4north1side2 said:
I've been with a couple of women who earned quite a bit more than me in long term relationships. Never made me feel smaller than her and it never made her head big. Anything is possible as long as a woman respects you. Ex was an Registered Nurse and my ex wife was an banker.
Interesting. It has been my opinion that a man who isn't the primary breadwinner can command respect in other ways. How did the relationship with the ex wife end?

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here ever had any luck with women who had their own place meanwhile the man did not?

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin has been with the same guy for 15 years. She's a lawyer, and he doesn't work. She basically works all day and cooks for him while he sits at home and watches baseball/football. I think my cousin might be doing this cause she's low self esteem, but still, the guy is really benefitting a lot from this relationship and for sure he'll never leave because if he did he wouldn't be able to survive.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
My cousin has been with the same guy for 15 years. She's a lawyer, and he doesn't work. She basically works all day and cooks for him while he sits at home and watches baseball/football. I think my cousin might be doing this cause she's low self esteem, but still, the guy is really benefitting a lot from this relationship and for sure he'll never leave because if he did he wouldn't be able to survive.
how good looking is the woman?

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:

This would be a great set up. Kind sounds like parts of my last relationship. The only problem is, is the guy is going to go stagnant by just indulging constantly. He probably has no real purpose and feels miserable and empty.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JaegerPilot217 said:
how good looking is the woman?

My cousin used to be good looking but over the years she has gotten fat and really let herself go. They basically ignore my whole family and live in their own little world. She exists to feed him.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
My cousin used to be good looking but over the years she has gotten fat and really let herself go. They basically ignore my whole family and live in their own little world. She exists to feed him.
oh oops my bad, she's your cousin, so of course you wouldn't be checking her out, read it wrong

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dat 5 month bump. Anyways I posted this topic on reddit and it seems to be proving what I suspected, being a provider in this day and age is completely unnecessary. If you're going to take the living with a woman/marriage route, you can minimize the risk dramatically by finding a woman who makes as much or more money than you while still being a man she can respect and is attracted to.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/25n852/to_the_men_in_relationships_with_female/

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Dat 5 month bump. Anyways I posted this topic on reddit and it seems to be proving what I suspected, being a provider in this day and age is completely unnecessary. If you're going to take the living with a woman/marriage route, you can minimize the risk dramatically by finding a woman who makes as much or more money than you while still being a man she can respect and is attracted to.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/25n852/to_the_men_in_relationships_with_female/
This is a small minority. Plus these women probably have other "imperfections" who knows.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Joe are you thinking about getting married to your girlfriend who makes more money than you? Why are you so interested in this subject?

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My relationship started snowballing towards the pits of doom when the ex -- her parents bought her a car. (and being on a 120$/mo income it's impossible to buy a car, I also never ask money from my parents)

She used to drive us everywhere, allowed herself to complain at every little thing I did and emasculate me "don't touch this!" - "you know nothing about driving so be quiet" - "a woman should not drive a man, it should be the other way around" - "all my friends get driven by their boyfriends". I was too stupid and inexperienced to not put an end to it on time and it got a lot worse every day.

I'd say it depends on how the man reacts to it. If the woman is allowed to behave in a disrespectful matter when the reason behind it is the woman being the "breadwinner" or having her own place/car while the man still lives with his parents and has no car then it won't work out.

Of course, there are stupid super feminist women who REALLY don't understand what they're doing wrong by emasculating their boyfriend/husband.