Feelin kinda f'ed up.....Should I be?

wordism

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I just turned 24.. I've been living on my own since I was 21 going on 22..
Almost a month ago.. I witnessed a life threating situation.. I was robbed at gunpoint right by my apartment in the parking lot.. I dunno if I was being watched or not but I moved out after the situation after some talks with some people.. well right now I'm living with my parents uuntil I get another place.. I was thinking maybe 6months then maybe ill be able to get a townhouse or a house ya know?
Well I've been on my own so long.. I feel like my ego is taking a shot being at home with my parents.. I dunno if it sounds silly but I dunno what to do! I didn't think I would feel like this..its hard to take though.. I have upstairs to myself.. but still I feel like my confidence took a hit.. ouch..

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn bro....your thinking about it the wrong way! You were man enough to be robbed at gunpoint! FFS! you know you can use that to your advantage....you have had the worst of the worst man, now approaching gorgeous women should be a joke!

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HarlequinMan said:
Damn bro....your thinking about it the wrong way! You were man enough to be robbed at gunpoint! FFS! you know you can use that to your advantage....you have had the worst of the worst man, now approaching gorgeous women should be a joke!
Excellent point. Wordism you faced death man, nothing should scare you now. Knowing that is confidence right there.

But I understand about living at home thing. I had to move back home before. Those two months were depressing, but I went to work every day saved every cent possible and was out as soon as I could afford deposit and first months rent on an apartment. If you're saving up to buy a house or a townhome, you may have to stay with your folks for quite a while, but just keep your goal in clear view and you'll get there a better man.

wordism

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys..

theunflushables said:
If you're saving up to buy a house or a townhome, you may have to stay with your folks for quite a while, but just keep your goal in clear view and you'll get there a better man.
Yes I know.. thats what I've been thinking that it'll take a while.. I might just get a apartment again after a few months.. but it is a great time to buy a house considering the economy and alot of foreclosures being on the market.. I just don't think I could be here for too long.. after what happened I feel more focused in everything except for talking to more girls.. Its like I'm so used to tellin them I stay on my own.. and havin that be part of my game..

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your idea to stay with your parents until you buy a house is a good idea. Just lay low and save enough money for a down payment. In my area that's about $23k for a townhouse (10%, yeah I know the housing prices are ridiculous), lets say you make $4k a month (don't know your financial situation so I'm being conservative) and your able to put away 75% of that ($3k) then you'll need to stay with your parents for the better part of a year. But this is probably the best thing to do for the future. Mind you this is all just an estimate, good luck with everything.

wordism

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kal0051 said:
I think your idea to stay with your parents until you buy a house is a good idea. Just lay low and save enough money for a down payment. In my area that's about $23k for a townhouse (10%, yeah I know the housing prices are ridiculous), lets say you make $4k a month (don't know your financial situation so I'm being conservative) and your able to put away 75% of that ($3k) then you'll need to stay with your parents for the better part of a year. But this is probably the best thing to do for the future. Mind you this is all just an estimate, good luck with everything.
I have a pretty good amount saved up now.. I'm self employed(graphic design and internet marketing works) Gettin all the paperwork and gettin pre approved, will be the hardest thing for me to do this year..as long as I can save up some more.. Here 23k is nearly 20% for a nice townhouse lol
thats a whole nother topic though

now..about the females?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its normal to feel messed up after your life was put in danger like this.

Situations like this regularly result in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder either immediately following the event or even 6 months to a year down the line.

If you start having nightmares about the incident or feel the need to go over it again and again in your mind and you even get intense headaches over it then you've probably developed PTSD from what happened.

Only time will tell if you'll get that or already have it but perhaps for the time being you are simply spooked and shook up from what happened and will recover from it no problem eventually.

wordism

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Its normal to feel messed up after your life was put in danger like this.

Situations like this regularly result in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder either immediately following the event or even 6 months to a year down the line.

If you start having nightmares about the incident or feel the need to go over it again and again in your mind and you even get intense headaches over it then you've probably developed PTSD from what happened.

Only time will tell if you'll get that or already have it but perhaps for the time being you are simply spooked and shook up from what happened and will recover from it no problem eventually.
yea I haven't had nightmares.. Im just more paranoid..
BUTTT
the problem Im having.. is I'm feelin weird because I'm at my parents house, and I feel like I won't be able to get as many girls because of it.. as opposed to living on my own..

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just hook up with chicks at their place until you are feeling well to be on your own again.

Stay away from making genuine girlfriends until your mind is right.

Just hook up with chicks in the meantime and think of some good excuses for why you never take them to your place.

If any one of them gets angry about you not taking her to where you live drop her.

No need for hassles at this stage in your life or at any stage really in my opinion.

wordism

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Just hook up with chicks in the meantime and think of some good excuses for why you never take them to your place.
appreciate the response.. I think I might have a problem with that one though lol