Federal judge rules male-only draft is unconstitutional

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant say I see it as slavery. I know there are other counties like Israel that draft every citizen automatically male and female. Put in that context it seems more like a civic duty, but when you make it seem like there is a choice that's when things get weird. If putting people in the draft is slavery then you have to say the same thing about jury duty.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant say I see it as slavery. I know there are other counties like Israel that draft every citizen automatically male and female. Put in that context it seems more like a civic duty, but when you make it seem like there is a choice that's when things get weird. If putting people in the draft is slavery then you have to say the same thing about jury duty.
The thing is that even if you do sign up for the draft (in any country,) you are ineligible to serve if you have certain conditions, need certain medicine, hell, in the US you can't be flat footed, even. You must be mentally stable, too. And given the stress levels people have today, many could just feign mental illness/depression (legitimate or not) and pass.