'Fat' could become 'normal' in America by 2015

Zhade

Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost always associate fatness with a victim mentality. Honestly, 100% of fat people I know view themselves as victims in some way for their weight, and 95% of them apply these same victimized excuses to other areas in their life. I don't know any people with thyroid disease, but people will always blame their age, the stress in their life, the lack of time to prepare food, whatever just to justify their being fat. I know I did back when I was fat, eating way too many sugar-filled snack foods at the school cafeteria. One summer I got sick of being fat, and decided to stop being such a wuss with what I eat, cutting out all sugars and white bread and junk food from my diet, swimming every day, as well as playing DDR extensively.

That summer, I lost about 70 pounds over the 2 month summer break.

If people actually took weight loss seriously and ate good food instead of snacking at McDonald's, most people would not be very slim.

But most people just view themselves as victims or see things in the short term, and would rather have the taste of those fatty, high calorie foods for a few minutes a few times a day in their mouths than being happy knowing that they are healthy and only eating food that merely tastes OK for those brief few minute meals every day.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
And another thing, since we're on the subject

What makes chicks think it's cool to get fat once you take them on as a girlfriend:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

And here's a great idea. I feel like George Carlin now:D :D

How about at the check out counters at grocery stores they have a scale. The more you weigh the more you pay. A big of chips could cost like 30$ for someone who weighs over 250lbs . . . genious:D

And I could eat all day long for about 2$

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it is (finally) socially acceptable to ridicule smokers... so the same should be true to fat people... haha that would be so much fun.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a few comments...

- Being seriously underweight/skinny is just as disgusting as being obese.

- the calculator(BMI) they used to determine this is full of flaws. It doesn't take any account of body composition(body fat, lean muscle tissue, bone density, etc.)

- We're all fvcked when chicks start to go after fat dudes:eek:

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BY 2015, it looks like diner dates will be the way forward :cool:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
I don't understand why the American Government doesn't just give tax breaks to people at a normal healthy weight OR people that are muscular. Even if the government loses so much money on this from taxes they make it up in the medicare situation...
Because it's not our nature to reward individual who are self sufficient. Anyone who has enough fortitude to have control over such a thing has to pay into a system to sustain those who can not. Welcome to Democracy 101.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2015? Fat is "normal" now.

Perhaps morbidly obese will be "normal" by 2015.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** feminized males, **** fat people, **** double standards, man.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
However, I would fall under overwieght. I'm 5'10, about 190 now. I've gained 15 pounds in the past 3 months hitting the gym really hard. If you go by my weight/height, yes I'm technically overweight, even though it's muscle wieght, not fat weight.

Does anyone know how these stats were compiled? Are they on height and weight alone, or more BMI?
Most BMI calculations do not take into account your waist size which a larger factor than a person's weight. Women with a waist measurement of more than 35 inches or men with a waist measurement of more than 40 inches may have a higher disease and health risks than people with smaller waist measurements because of where their fat lies.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taxing "fat" food is unfair, and a generalization that doesn't address the issue of obesity. I can eat all the cake i want and but if i work out can still be in great shape. Whenever i need a protein rich meal after a workout i head over to some fast food place for a double cheeseburger. Why should i have to pay for other people's choices with this new fat tax?
In the end, we all know this tax isn't going to help anyone but washington's pockets.

If you want to address the obesity issue at the source, which is people's habits, you should implement higher health insurance rates and an income tax based on BMI for fat people. Make them the cash cow for the medical bills not people who enjoy eating unhealthy food responsibly.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I always though the expression "40 is the new 30" was referring to age.
Turns out it's bodyfat %.

The Fat Tax is brilliant, and should be signed into law yesterday. I'm all in favor of heavy taxation or restriction of freedoms for anyone whose lifestyle choices create a grossly unnecessary drain on societal resources.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm all for my idea of giving tax breaks to the healthy weighted people by bf%.

Doctor's should be the one to do it too. Of course, that would be too simple to implement.

comic_relief

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
did anyone here watch the new movie hairspray? That movie is pure feminist There truly is no hope for the future.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
If you want to address the obesity issue at the source, which is people's habits, you should implement higher health insurance rates and an income tax based on BMI for fat people. Make them the cash cow for the medical bills not people who enjoy eating unhealthy food responsibly.
Well, that's the whole point of the fat tax, addressing people's habits at the source, eating crap food constantly is a habit. Also, eating unhealthy food responsibly should not be an issue just as taxing gas, just drive responsibly and eat responsibly. We should all be thankful for the fat tax.:)

However I do see your point that instead of punishing bad behavior, we should reward good behavior. How about being able to deduct gym fees at the end of the year for tax savings? Or, if you body fat % is less than 15, you can deduct that from your income tax?