Fashion

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so just recently I've really gotten into shopping for some reason. I'm 100% straight, so don't bring any gay remarks up. Anyways, I was just wondering what stores everyone here shops at for clothes?

Once in a while I'll get something at Eddie Bauer/American Eagle when it's on sale. Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, and Pacific Sunwear of California are way too expensive for me. I mostly shop at Old Navy and H&M (just opened up in the local mall).

I don't know why exactly, because I've lost a little weight the past couple of months, but I feel like my rear end is too big sometimes. I'm like 5'9" and 150 lbs. When I try on jeans from the front they look awesome, but when I view myself from the back they tend to make my ass look to big sometimes. I think it might be because I buy pant size 32 when I can fit into 30-31. The 32's fit more of the baggy look and will last longer when I gain weight in college. However, when I wear 30-31 my pants fit more tightly and I don't feel like I have a big ass at all. What are your guys' opinion on this? Is it better to buy baggy pants or tightly fit pants? I guess it's good to get a combination of both, but I really like the way I look in tighter pants. I'm usually forced to buy the slightly larger pants (which still fit, but don't look quite as nice) because my Mom tells me I'll be able to grow into them and they'll last longer.

radronOmega

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Sitting down a lot really screws up your butt like I sit down and read books a lot on finance or when i'm at these forums. Try and get out more. Squats also help. And try not to overload your pockets. If anything, get cargos that FIT YOU and put your stuff in the lower pockets, not near your upper thigh.

hope that helps

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was also wondering how many shirts/pants everyone here has? Like how do I know when I have too much of something or not enough?

Right now I have 5 pairs of jeans, 5 pairs of khakis/other, 16 polo shirts, loads of graphic tees, 5 athletic shorts, 2-4 khaki shorts, 3 fleeces, 5 hoodies, 5-10 sweaters, and 2 PJ bottoms. lol. From the list is there anything I seem to lack?

Tom Juan

Banned
Reaction score
Are you a homosexual? Lol, but seriously, are you?

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all. There's nothing wrong with discussing fashion once in a while.

Scumfrog

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with being into men's fashion. As long as it's not the runway / glam crap. I'm talking about just looking good... who doesn't want to look good?
Variety is important with your wardrobe. At one point I would only buy polo shirts :crackup: I got so sick of them shortly after.

Anyways, couple pairs of jeans...the faded denim look is trendy, try getting one pair with a slight fade, another with a lot of fade.. "destroyed" jeans are also pretty popular. one or two pairs of black pants (one more casual, one a little more dressy). Avoid white pants, they rarely ever look good haha. I buy my jeans at Guess and my black pants usually at Club Monaco.

Shirts: get a couple polos from AE or Hollister or whatever. couple of casual dress shirts and then just get some cheap tshirts to wear under them, preferablly with a little colour. I like to throw in some rock tshirts in there as well

Accessories: Don't go overboard here. A nice necklace / choker and a watch (or bracelet, but make sure it's not some prancy thing, I have a nice little metal hooped bracelet that I wear sometimes... i've had a number of compliments on it). Don't wear huge necklaces with giant dollar signs on them... they're not cool, believe me :trouble: Belts and shoes should always match. You should have one pair of white shoes (all white is desirable) and one pair of black shoes. If you're wearing your white shoes, wear a white belt. black shoes, black belt.

Glasses: Some people look great with glasses, some people should try out contacts. I have glasses and contacts. I usually stick with glasses but it's nice to just pop in contacts sometimes. I have a pair of silver glasses that really go well with my piercings.

You don't need to spend big $$$'s to look good. Just look around and try **** on.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget the tight pants. Seriously.

Look into brands like Croft & Barrow. I usually do my shopping at Kohl's and stores like that. Nice, clean, sophisticated looking clothes for relatively low prices. You aren't going to break the bank.