Fake/invisible boyfriend ploy?

Dakkon

Reaction score
I know this girl who makes flirty advances on me, we've gone out about a dozen times, and we always have a great time, hugs before and after, lots of smiling, eye contact, and good body language. I've known her for just over a year and lately I've been trying to get serious with her.

Thing thats confusing is she mentions a "boyfriend", but in the year or more I've known her, I've never met him, never talked to him, never seen any sign of him. I spend two days a week with her, and usually a third or fourth if I can find the time, to me it seems like theres no way she can have a boyfriend since I spend as much time with her as I do. Is this just a game shes playing to test me/challenge me or just a case of the phantom boyfriend and someone who wants to be friends?

Vincent Freeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me she's full of it. Either that or she's a terrible gf! Sounds like a confussed girl too because most of the time this would mean she's not interested. However, since you both spend a lot of time together I can't say that's the case. When does she exactly state that she has a bf?

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe YOU'RE her boyfriend and you don't even know it.

Time to go for first base!

Dakkon

Reaction score
Hrm she usually mentions him and compares him to me, which is odd, I mentioned one night that I had bad credit, and all of a sudden so does he! Hes the same age as me as well, bit older than she is.

Its pretty confusing, i'd say i'm 99% sure she doesn't have a boyfriend, but some of her comments like giving things to him like her old car when she got a new one was pretty hard to fake, but again I don't know for sure if she did, might just be saying it.

Shes an attractive girl and she never does anything with him on the 'nights out' like fri/sat/sun thats usually when we do things, or early/mid week. Supposedly her boyfriend is roommates with another girl, he lives about 40mins away.

I dunno though, I mean hell if you knew someone for 16 months you'd think you'd meet their significant other at least ONE time when you were out doing stuff wouldn't you?

Tkay

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had the same thing at my first GF, i was a total AFC.

I met her, and asked around to her friends if she was seeing anyone. They said she did.

Later she told me the same thing. The odd part about it, one day he lived in her town, the other day she told me he lived far away. It all didn't match up.

We got closer, there was a "vibe".
And suddenly boom, she comes telling me she's available again, so we immediatly set up a date.

But then again.. She's just weird. It's probably a cyberBF or something! haha. A Clueless AFC, amog it! Talk to her about the relation!

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes women try to say that they're in a relationship even when they're not either as a jealousy tactic or out of fear of being judged "inadequate" for not having a boyfriend.

dannyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude shes lying. Dont you think in those 16 months youve chilled with her.. her bf would of called at least once? I think so.

Why even waste your time on this girl if she lies like this. Stop wasting your time even thinking about getting with her.

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dakkon
Thing thats confusing is she mentions a "boyfriend", but in the year or more I've known her, I've never met him, never talked to him, never seen any sign of him. I spend two days a week with her, and usually a third or fourth if I can find the time, to me it seems like theres no way she can have a boyfriend since I spend as much time with her as I do. Is this just a game shes playing to test me/challenge me or just a case of the phantom boyfriend and someone who wants to be friends?
why not ****ing ask her to meet him ? omg you people are insane she 's been playing for a year a year let me repeat A YEAR

Dakkon

Reaction score
Haven't been pursuing her for that long, only been a month or so now. Gonna ask about meeting her BF and see how she reacts. Need to find some good BF destroyers in the meantime. :D