failing to appear

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
at a court date, and they've already got a warrant out for you and so you show up to court anyways. Do you still go to jail? Because ****ing, I didnt appear at court but they rescheduled for 7/11/06 and on that date i called in to make sure and they said they didnt have it scheduled and a warrant was out for my arrest since 6/20/06. they ****ed me over and so I'm going to court tomorrow morning to see what my options are rather than being out in the free and getting pulled over and going to jail for sure...

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
You might get arrested, so be prepared. I missed my court date for traffic court one time and the had a warrant out on me, so I just showed up to open court and the option to pay on the spot, enter financial probation, or go to jail.

I ended up going through financial probation because I didn't have any money, and still didnt pay them. Three years later I get a call from a probation officer telling me that I was going to have a bench warrant, so I showed up and paid my debt and all was well.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Mitch_Mustain said:
at a court date, and they've already got a warrant out for you and so you show up to court anyways. Do you still go to jail? Because ****ing, I didnt appear at court but they rescheduled for 7/11/06 and on that date i called in to make sure and they said they didnt have it scheduled and a warrant was out for my arrest since 6/20/06. they ****ed me over and so I'm going to court tomorrow morning to see what my options are rather than being out in the free and getting pulled over and going to jail for sure...
Bring your toothbrush with you, you'll probably need it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said, they just want your money. Pay up, and jump through their hoops. Breaking probation is a good way to go to jail. AF out west got 18 months for driving with a suspended license after a dui.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Mitch_Mustain said:
whats financial probation
You have to report to there office and pay them money, and your probation ends when once everything is paid off. It isn't anything serious they try to scared you. You will find mostly poor people in financial probation that have the choice of either buying food for their family or paying off their traffic ticket.

Just pay them their money and bounce.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh god I went to court today and I ahd to go to court in a different town.....a way different town. ARKANSAS INBRED STEREOTYPICAL ppl all in this courtroom. I was the only person decent enough to wear appropriate attire for court. Everyone else either came in their pajamas, work clothes, or AC/DC t shirts. the court room had no A/C and everyone smelled of B.O. ahhh aweful experience.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I gotta go to court in the near future for a traffic ticket, I sure hope it's nothing like that. I don't think Iowa is too much worse than Arkansas.