facial hair

dapork

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this is one of those dumb things that young guys should try and deal with since it probably doesn't make any difference, but for me, I've developed this obsession with the fact that I'm 18 and still have the same amount of facial hair on my upper lip and on my chin that I've had since I was 14. I've just become sorta anxious about it since I came to college a year early where absolutely all the guys have hairy faces, and some of em grow beards. I also hate that every once in a while, girls, as well as guys, tell me "you don't look 18; you look 16."

How come it hasn't come yet? When will it!?! Have any of you guys had this problem? I know it's stupid, but looking very young has affected my confidence lately.

If someone could also post a link to an article on this website that talks about something along the lines of... how to pick up girls or confront them when all the girls around don't seem to be looking (cause in this country, they really don't... unlike in America). Thanks... I appreciate it

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
usually facial hair is determined by the mother's side. So look at your uncles from that side of the family.

Facial hair is genetics, and how soon it comes varies from person to person.

I would love to grow a goatee, but im in the same boat as you. My chin hair hasnt fully come in yet. So usually what i just end up doing is clean shaven, 5'o clock look, or not shave for a few days (which probably looks nasty). Just give it some time.

Or try some minoxidil (sp?) which i hear works.

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my mid 20's, and I can't grow a full beard.

Dude, that's life.

You could have been born with down syndrome.

You could have been born deaf.

You could have been born with a deformed hand.

Lack of facial hair is pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, shaving a full and heavy beard every other day sucks!;)

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, consider yourself lucky.

If I dont shave for a couple of days, I look like mr. Taliban himself.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you guys are lucky my beard grows in patches sometimes it can look perfect everywhere except one spot where it barely has any hair and it stands out

sparky1981

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man being able to grow facial hair is not all its cracked up to be man. If i stopped shaving i would only grow something thats comes out looking real scruffy and not appealing at all

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dfgh

ya don't have to deal with beard burn, as a dj you would benefit from smooth skin. When you're makin out with even a 2'oclock shadow you can hurt her delecate face.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you did have it u'd just be shaving it off anyway man lol

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
My facial hair comes out almost f*ckin white (very light blonde). This could be okay if it weren't for the fact that the hair on my head is dirty blonde to the point where it's closer to brown. I used to be full blonde when I was a little kid.

So when I don't shave my face for 3 or 4 days, I look MAD scary bro. The hair on my face comes out to an almost pastey white color, and the facial hair on my neck is a brownish color that matches the hair on my head. The end result is something that looks nasty as hell.

Even if I ever wanted to grow out my facial hair, I'd have to dye it. Screw that.

If I were in your situation I'd be happy as sh!t.

[DoN.2.Da.JUaN]

Don Juan
Reaction score
meh facial hair makes you look older but i find it a bloody pain in the arse shaving, and on hot days it gets sweaty and itchy :mad: :mad: :mad:

bahhh :mad:

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 18 and i can see hair on my chin the day after i shave it and it takes me around 5 days to grow out a goatee... also my upperlip's hair grows at that fast pace... though i've never had to shave my sideburns since they don't grow... and also there's a lot of hair on my chin but it doesn't go down towards the throat... it just stops where the goatee ends:)

my brother was able to grow a beard since he was 15 or so...

dapork

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah everyone says I'm lucky, and that they hate shaving.... It's just at this point, I wouldn't mind the transition. It's just that I look young that bothers me. ScrewIt said that facial hair is determined by the mother's side. In that case I don't know. My grandfather (my mom has no brothers) has facial hair, but said he still doesn't grow a very full beard. My dad says he got his around 21 or 22 (so that's a little reassurance), and now he does have full facial hair.

It's just I wish I could do the transition, you know. Into manhood lol, and be one of those guys who's like "uugh I have to shave." Friends of mine say that and I have to laugh at my little whiskers....

Anyway, I know it's a matter of gaining self-confidence, but since I haven't been able to, a beard would be nice!

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just hope yr. luck holds out & you look 30 when yr. 40.

nectarine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Facial hair is a catch 22. The more you shave, the more you need to shave.

If you've never shaved, you'll just always have bumfluff. Shave it off, and you'll need to do it again in a few months or something... then a few weeks... then every week and then every day.

I wish someone had told me this when I was younger, because then instead of starting on the shaving treadmill, I'd have tried, say, depilatory cream, which doesn't have the escalating effect of normal shaving. I know a Jamaican guy who uses it, his complexion is smooth as a babies and he only gets light fluff, because he never started shaving.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A little insecure are we...whats the real problem?