Facebook & ex-wife

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have almost 100 mutual friends. It would be difficult to remove them all.
I didn't want to have to do it either, but it became absolutely necessary. If you don't do it, information that you DON'T want her to hear is going to leak to her. I honestly believe that the separation is necessary for you to completely cut her loose.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Defriend from facebook. She is posting that crap because she wants attention. She is playing the victim.

PatientOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Defriend from facebook. She is posting that crap because she wants attention. She is playing the victim.
She is defriended, as is her best friend, and family members. We have mutual friends who don't really communicate with her, such as my social circle friends. I'm screening and defriending as needed.

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Ex is **** testing you and you're failing.
Stop looking at her social media and break all contact except to talk about your child.
She's testing you and your frame. Move on and find another woman or plate s to focus on.

PatientOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I told her today that we should only communicate when we have to because of our child. I get out when I can, but due to my accident, I have more time to brood about the reasons why I left the marriage, and since the ball was in her court, I'm just p1ssed at her.

She suggested that we might not be able to live in the same buidling, and she is probably right.

Reaction score
I don't think so. She is usually avoids confrontation, and she is never vindictive. She might throw a hissy fit, but it would be way out of character her to use our son as a weapon. Plus, she has zero family court experience, and I can construct compelling cases.
...said a lot of guys who got reamed out in Family Court, and who never thought that the woman that they knew so well could change so quickly.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
...said a lot of guys who got reamed out in Family Court, and who never thought that the woman that they knew so well could change so quickly.
Yes, it comes as a big fvcking surprise, indicated by the man's mouth gaping wide open in shock disbelief....

"but all of those things we said to each other on the pillow..."

"but we were different......we were best friends"

"but we had such a connection..."

Healthy skepticism gents, not paranoia, healthy skepticism......she ain't your best buddy.

JimProphetMGTOW

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't knock anyone for unfriending their ex. But personally when I split with mine I didn't unfriend her, but instead I just unfollowed her. So we're still friends, but I don't see any of her posts. If you have the strength to maintain No Contact or Limited Contact, you'll be fine.

The beauty of unfollowing but not unfriending is the fact that she WILL make memes and comments that are directed towards you, but you won't see them. Therefore you won't react which will put her hamster into overdrive because best believe she checks your page often to see what you're doing and to see if you deleted her.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
I can't knock anyone for unfriending their ex. But personally when I split with mine I didn't unfriend her, but instead I just unfollowed her. So we're still friends, but I don't see any of her posts. If you have the strength to maintain No Contact or Limited Contact, you'll be fine.

The beauty of unfollowing but not unfriending is the fact that she WILL make memes and comments that are directed towards you, but you won't see them. Therefore you won't react which will put her hamster into overdrive because best believe she checks your page often to see what you're doing and to see if you deleted her.
Oh brilliant so her hamster be going into overdrive because you're not reacting to her memes and comments because your not seeing them and then........

What benefit will you gain from "her hamster going into overdrive"? Why would you still care? What's the payoff here?

If the payoff is a smug satisfied feeling.....

This is not mental freedom. Mentally detach and take your god damn ego out of the equation.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely unfriend if your ex is going to try and 'gather evidence' over time to take you to court, etc. If that's a dynamic in your relationship, protect yourself and cut ties.