Eye contact: ever get death threats?

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THERE ARE CERTAN TIMES YOU MUST AVOID EYE CONTACT.

This is only when you are in proximity with a really violent person. They are like dogs, any eyecontact tiks them off and to them is a sign of a chalange and thret.

If the person looks mean and is keeping an eyecontact and he has a mean look on his face, directed at you, look away and keep walking. (or better yat, run.)

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by spider_007

This is only when you are in proximity with a really violent person. They are like dogs, any eyecontact tiks them off and to them is a sign of a chalange and thret.

If the person looks mean and is keeping an eyecontact and he has a mean look on his face, directed at you, look away and keep walking. (or better yat, run.)
That's probably pretty good advice. As big, or tough as I think I am, some nutjob with a gun can shoot me just as easily as a smaller person.

Don't let your "Machismo" get you or a loved one hurt. But sometimes the situation dictates that you got to stand and fight. Nobody wants to, but sometimes you have to.

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by spider_007

I went to a pretty tough dissegrated school and got into a lot of altercations in my teens. Recognizing someone who is violent and lacks self control is an important skill if you are on the street with or without your woman. Do not make direct EC with these individuals once you identify them. Avoid eye contact and keep them in your sights while you walk away from them, but remain strong in posture and confident. You want to ignore them, but retain your dignity. Don't turn your back until you get some distance away to avoid being sucker punched.

If they push things and get in your way, keep some distance between you and the animal. Try to create an angle for an escape route while protecting your women by keeping her behind you. If the rabid dog is in a pack and you have exhausted your alternatives, run with her in front of you. If you can't run, then take a step back with one foot and make your profile small and balance yourself. If you know how to fight or not, this position is the best for defense and offense and appears confident and strong. Most crazies want to beat on a victim, but they don't want to mix it up. I have backed off over a dozen guys in my life that tried to treat me like a bytch in public with this approach. If it does get hairy you've given yourself the best chance to deal with it by being ready.

I'd rather be facing and fighting back if it goes down. Using some fundamental boxing skills such as knowing how to circle an opponent and stand strong is relevant to avoiding or dealing with street situations.

Last edited:

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Staring at dudes is weird. It was definitely a 'staring off into space' type thing, I don't make a habit of staring these guys down. Just remember, if they feel the need to react so overtly to you when you've made such little effort, then they must feel threatened by you somehow.

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
if they feel the need to react so overtly to you when you've made such little effort, then they must feel threatened by you somehow.
Don't even try to figure out why they are reacting. There is no sane reason to get violent over someone's EC. This world is full of a@ssholes that are just violent and crazy. Our prisons are full of them. Our ability to recognize them, avoid them, and get you and your woman into your bed safely takes some skill sometimes. Don't just be passive and curl up into a ball. Be a man and walk through this shyte like they are invisible to you. Treat them like a panhandler, but don't turn your back until you get a safe distance away.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Humm, but I find it hard to not make eyecontact with people in general. I could be walking down a busy street, in the mall, etc. I remember way back when I use to have the fear of being offensive when staring at people dead on and making eye contact. Now it is a habit and sometimes an unconcious one. I can't help but do it (and I won't look away until they do)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I make eye contact with most people i see.

You gotta know how to read people through their eyes...you can tell when someone is giving icy glares.

The thing is my natural facial expressions looks serious/mean. (ive been told) so dudes always think im mean mugging (when im not).

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Lets be honest. Most guys walking alone won't stare down some other dude. The only time you'll get some punk azz trying to stare you down, is when he's with a group of others, and you're alone, or with your chick.

My physical size intimidates a great number of people. Sometimes when I walk by a group of guys, you'll get some staring, if it gets obnoxious I'll ask them what the fvck they're looking at.

I know how to fight; I'm good at fighting in the ring, and the street. I don't like to fight though....