Experiences with the effects of quitting weed?

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using weed off and on since I was about 16, but in the past year or so, my use of it went up pretty drastically. I had a hell of a summer, being around my friends a great deal and smoking more weed than I've ever smoked in my life. It didn't turn me into a lazy bum, but I think it definitely makes me a bit less motivated, and pretty foggy too. I've made the decision to not smoke weed at all, period, and completely cut it out of my life for the immediate future.

Have any of you quit weed for good after relatively heavy use, and noticed a profound difference in your body chemistry/ mindset? Have you noticed an increase in awareness/ testosterone and motivation? I feel that I have so much to gain from quitting this mediocre drug, and I smoked my last joint a few days ago.

Also, in the summer I broke my hand and couldn't work out, and lost about 15 pounds, but they say that weed speeds up your metabolism and makes it difficult to build muscle, so I think this may have been a factor, and I think it's been preventing me from gaining weight back as fast as I want. Is it true that weed is a setback in this regard?

I have every intention to not smoke it anymore, regardless of how much I have to gain from quitting, but I want to know if any of you have found that quitting it increased your quality of life?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
yes. i always seem to come back though.

mary jane is one bad *****!

Dover

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I quit completely.

Back in the day I used to smoke at least every day once. Sometimes twice. It was just retarded. When I first started it was great. I had so much fun doing it. Sadly, when I started using it a lot, it just wasnt as fun anymore I When I was high, it was always kind of a ****ty feeling cause I didnt even get that high. It was never as good as when I first started out, and I sort of felt paranoid and depressed. The problem was that I didnt remember that it sucked when I was sober. So I'd get high, and feel like ****. Then be sober and just want to get high.

I basically had to realize that it wasnt that great. Once I remembered this when I was sober, I just didnt want to do it anymore.

I hardly ever smoke anymore. Maybe twice a year, if even that.

Its been a while since I smoked it regularly so I cant really recall the changes that much. All I remember is that it literally felt like coming out of a fog. Like I was so much more aware of myself and my surroundings. When I smoked too much I really got drawn inside myself and my thoughts. Now that Ive quit, Im way more present to the world.

Hope that helps.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah after i quit from heavy smokin i felt like i had bags of energy to waist lol. i recomend taking up a martial art or sumfin as a hobby cos it keeps you occupied n ya mind will stay of thinking about dope. But tbh the biggest advantage i found was how much money i saved that goes on clothes etc now lol. hope it helps

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went through an eigth a day a while ago, and I decided to quit for a while, and my mind really sharpened up. I took an IQ test before and after and it actually went up 12 points when I quit.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
I went through an eigth a day a while ago, and I decided to quit for a while, and my mind really sharpened up. I took an IQ test before and after and it actually went up 12 points when I quit.
Imagine how great those scores would be if you didn't use weed at all.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:down: :down: :down: Weed does nothing for a person except make them high. Like alcohol it wastes and taxes your system. You become a weak drug using junkie

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed does nothing for a person except make them high.

How would you respond to legitimate medicinal users who attest that it relieves the suffering of their terminal illness?

afoaf I grew up with suffered from daily debilitating migraines from age 11 or so. He started smoking pot ten years ago, and he says that he has hardly ever had a headache since. He does not even drink or do any other drugs.

80-90% of the country, even 80% of senior citizens, a traditionally conservative group, support medicinal marijuana. However, the US Supreme Court seems to agree with you. Last summer in Raiche v Ashcroft, they ruled that state medicinal users can still be arrested for violating Federal drug law. Their reasoning, and like Dave Barry says, I swear I am not making this up, was that med mj substantially affects interstate commerce. So the Federal DEA swat team raids will continue, where they kick in the door and drag away the dying cancer and AIDS patients.

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score

I know all about that foggy feeling you always get, and about how smoking weed started making me paranoid, and too caught up in my own thoughts to pay attention to the outside world.

It's been less than a week since I quit and I feel a lot more energetic. I feel like working out a lot more, and I'm doing it until my muscles ache and then some.

I think weed makes you too passive. I didn't let myself become fully passive, but I had to make an effort not to be. This is great.

Hopefully, my metabolism will be a bit slower too, but not too slow because I don't want to become a fat-ass.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed isn't an addictive drug, so how exactly would you become a junkie?

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
I feel sorry for anyone who thinks weed is addictive.theres nothing wrong with smoking weed,my brother is twice the pothead that I am and hes a well educated guy whos got his sh!t together

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's different....

The drug isn't physically addictive, it's more of a mental thing. Also, it's the lifestyle that you fall into when you smoke a lot of weed and a lot of your friends do too. It seems that where I live, at least in my circle of friends, almost everybody smokes it. It's not like we're a bunch of losers, it's just that weed's always a common element in what we do. I always have access to good deals, and therefore an easy supply.

Also, when you smoke a lot of weed, you don't really get that high anymore. If you only smoke once in a while, the THC gets out of your system and when you smoke again, you appreciate the high a lot more.

I think it makes me lose weight though, and it makes me more passive and less motivated so now I've stopped and I turn down joints and I feel pretty damn good already. I still do shrooms every now and then, they make your thoughts more clear, not foggy, but weed will be a once in a blue moon type of thing from now on.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
day 2 with no bud for me.

just takin it day by day guys, pray for me.

:eek:

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
The first 3 days are the hardest part- after that it's smooth sailing.