ex trying to 'buy' her back

Columbia

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been with my current girlfriend for about three months, and throughout that time she has been getting advances from several other guys, including two of her exes. tbh i dont give a f***; i mean the girl is a solid 8 with a smoking body and so you'd expect that sort of thing, and she's refusing these guys point blank in any case.

however, her birthday is coming up, and she learned from a friend that one of her exes (the more persistent of the two) has bought her a present worth several hundred euros. again, this doesnt bother me, because i know that the AFC is going to spend all this cash putting her in a good mood whereas im going to spend at most 30-40 euros, and at the end of the night she's going to be crawling into my bed while he jacks it downstairs (we're having a house party).

i would just like to ask how you guys would handle this, both in the run up to her birthday and if im in the room when she opens the gift and gets the 'big surprise'? i could just be cool with it, but the guy is beginning to think that he 'has a chance' and id rather just do some simple thing that makes him stand back and go "well..sh!t"

so far ive been poking light fun of it, just basically calling it for what it is. such as any time she gets playfully mad at me, ill say "sh!t. what if i spend 400 euros on you? will that make you like me again?:rolleyes: "

any input? am i going about this the right way or would you recommend something completely different?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are doing fine, don't change anything.

Although your girl is walking a fine line here which personally doesn't sit well with me. Accepting expensive gifts from Exe's whom she dumped and she knows they want her back, while her boyfriend is still around is kinda troubling.

Listen to your gut feeling on this one.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with damage. It's pretty lame he's buying her expensive gifts. It's even lamer that he's not with her. That guy's not really competition.

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Accepting expensive gifts from Exe's
Who cares if she accepts it, she probably doesnt want to hurt the little chumps feelings anymore.

If she is acting totally cool and rejecting them, the ex's, whats the problem? there isnt one.

OP; You are doing everything cool, just dont ever act pouty or jealous about it. If you befriend the ex' or atleast act cool towards him it will even make you look more secure and confident, rather than trying to ridicule him.

Who cares if he thinks he has a chance. It only matters how she acts.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If her ex is buying her any present anyways, there's probably little chance she still has feelings for him. Buying a girl expensive presents when she isn't your girlfriend is a sign of desperation, and girls smell it like men smell pvssy. If anything, this is going to put you way above him on the pedastool.

SAKongen

Don Juan
Reaction score
and if sh*t happens, and she falls for the expensive gift and goes back to him, she's a golddigger not worth it. Don't think u have to worry, though.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Columbia said:
however, her birthday is coming up, and she learned from a friend that one of her exes (the more persistent of the two) has bought her a present worth several hundred euros. again, this doesnt bother me, because i know that the AFC is going to spend all this cash putting her in a good mood whereas im going to spend at most 30-40 euros.
30,000 - 40,000 euros? Is it me or is that alot of money?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Andromax said:
Who cares if she accepts it, she probably doesnt want to hurt the little chumps feelings anymore.
I still say the EX should not be in the picture. Any girl that still keeps the EX around is messing around with his head including her boyfriend's head and make everyone into a fool.

Whatever happened to respect?! oh that's right women these days should have their cake and eat it too and as long as you get to hit that everything she does is alright....:rolleyes: