Ex-girlfriend is sending mixed signals it's confusing

simon210

Banned
Reaction score
It’s been two months since my ex-girlfriend and I broke up. It got hard for us to keep up a foreign relationship. We exchanged few words via text message starting on the third week of our first month apart. I didn’t give it much thought back then because it never went beyond three messages. Lately, I’m getting confused with her approach. The number of messages are still limited but there’s this “I hope you don’t take my short replies the wrong way” and the “we’ll be okay eventually.” Does that mean there’s still hope for us? Is she just being casual to me? I’m really confused with her approach.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not enough info to say 100% for sure but I'd bet money she's saying she hopes you can be platonic "friends" once the emotions between you two have faded away and one or both of you find another partner which enables you to truly put your romantic-history in the past.

Bottom line: She's moving on and so should you.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
It got hard for us to keep up a foreign relationship
Wtf is a foreign relationship? Long distance? Yeah forget that. That's like being pen pals with someone.

We exchanged few words via text message starting on the third week of our first month apart.
Why? in what way would that benefit you? I can't think of how that would benefit you at all.

Lately, I’m getting confused with her approach.
you're leaving the door open for bull****e. learn to close the door shut.

Does that mean there’s still hope for us?
you are choosing to hold on to false hope

kill false hope and set yourself free

endurmancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dissent: if you haven't actually broken-up an L*D*R may not be impossible/bad. You also need to have something approximating a unicorn though. (KISSing this topic.)

Consent & Adjective: if drama then out. And don't go back to the plantation. Period. Focus on your immediate needs and things that contribute to your long-term successes & responsibilities.

These are totally simplistic, axiomatic pearls of (HARD) learned [strike]wisdom[/strike] prudence. They seem to work very well keeping men out of drama/trouble & moving forward.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s been two months since my ex-girlfriend and I broke up. It got hard for us to keep up a foreign relationship. We exchanged few words via text message starting on the third week of our first month apart. I didn’t give it much thought back then because it never went beyond three messages. Lately, I’m getting confused with her approach. The number of messages are still limited but there’s this “I hope you don’t take my short replies the wrong way” and the “we’ll be okay eventually.” Does that mean there’s still hope for us? Is she just being casual to me? I’m really confused with her approach.

Mixed signals means ambiguity.

She is out skiing down cawk mountain. You're taking about feelers.

Not doing it right.

Go get baes. Unless she's joining for a three some, tell her to **** off.