Every pretty girl has a boyfriend Pt. 2

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes that's the way it is. You can still find ones without, but its less likely to happen.

I had the problem too. I would meet a girl at work, start to like her or something and then realize she had a boyfriend. But it never stopped me from at least talking to them. If they dont shut up about him and tell you and go on and on about him, its time to move on.

I talk to one now who knows I know she has a bf, and i've even seen the guy. But she has never once told me his name, nor said anything about him to me, nor how their relationship is. Not once has she ever brought him up in ANY conversation we have had whether in person or on the phone.

So you see, if she was digging this guy like crazy, she would never shut up about him.

Just cause a woman HAS one, means squat. Some have them because it's a social thing. They may only be partially happy, but they'd rather HAVE SOMEONE than to NOT have someone. So they are NOT going to drop the current one until they find the other. Too many guys too, I think assume every single woman is in the perfect relationship and that there is no chance. I dont care if it is months or years, i've seen girls drop guys cold and then weeks later go out with someone else. BUT...they have built something with the other person. They've realized that they found something better.

Women will branch swing. They'll have hold of something, but not let go until they have hold of something else. And they want to make sure it is somewhat secure as well and not just a BS dude.

Because if they want to really date a person, they wont want to dump a huge investment for pennies. They want to make sure they have good odds in their hands. Some women have a hard time doing this. They think...damn, i've built this relationship up for 1yr and have X.Y.Z but am missing..... they then have to decide if it is worth it to end a year and start fresh, even if they are not really that happy.

I even asked a woman 2 days ago about all of this and even the whole branch swinging, and she was like...it's true. Now she did say not TOTALLY true, and I told her there are probably variations from girl to girl on how they go about this, but she made the point to actually say that I WAS RIGHT.

By the way, this girl has a boyfriend, and has been in a relationship with him for almost a year.

I also asked an ex of mine who is married now and has kids about this, and she was like...yeah, I have to admit that we do that, and I have been at fault before. And she meant flirting with other guys to see if she was able to find a BETTER GUY while still being in a relationship.

Now we aren't all saying keep hitting on the ones who have them, but if you encounter it, just dont give up cold turkey, cause you'll never know when you are that better man to a woman who has been looking for that. And you DO NOT do anything with a woman who does not end her relationship. You dont stick around if he is around or she'll cheat on you as well. Some are like that, while others are actually waiting for the better guy to come along.

Last edited:

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy crap.....the above post by Omen is really superb and I think the mods should add this thread to the Tips forum.....the previous post by MikeYikes and BigJohnson is awesome as well! I'm sure this has cleared up a lot of confusion for AFCs like me and others out there. :woo:

What does this mean? It means that our options are not limited to just single chicks, but also attached chicks. :up:

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nikar said:
Holy crap.....the above post by Omen is really superb and I think the mods should add this thread to the Tips forum.....the previous post by MikeYikes and BigJohnson is awesome as well! I'm sure this has cleared up a lot of confusion for AFCs like me and others out there. :woo:

What does this mean? It means that our options are not limited to just single chicks, but also attached chicks. :up:
Not ALL chicks, but some yes. Now this is my opinion, but many times you'll find women who wait for someone to come talk to them, and give them a REASON to get rid of the current guy. Not all want that to happen, but some do. And how often do women go out looking for the guy? Do you ever see women approaching you? No, it's a MAN thing. I think too many guys wimp out, and the first sign of the bf word, they say...see you later. You very well could have been that guy she was looking for, but you ASSUMED that just cause she has a boyfriend, that she was happy, and her relationship was perfect. Some might be, and that will happen, but many aren't. I've seen 3 relationships end from women who were in them for a year to two years. I think most have found better guys than the last one.

It is different for guys because they dont have anyone trying to pick them up. I had a girlfriend for a year, and she got boring as hell, and I had stayed with her cause it was simple. After a while, we broke up. But if in the meantime a woman would have approached me, I would have given her signals to keep at it, or at least not bounce cause I am taken. I am only taken just cause. But does this happen? NO, you as a man would have to go out looking for the woman. With women, they wait for the men to save them from their relationship.

The point though is that you HAVE to have something she doesn't currently have that maybe she is looking for. You cant be some chump, cause she wont waste her time to start over. BUT, if she sees that you are maybe more confident than her current boyfriend (obviously you must be cause you approached her, and kept talking to her, or still do) you have a steady job, and all that other stuff you'll see in any of the e-books.

If that is the case, and she thinks you would make a better boyfriend than her current one, you have a chance. Then she can say...I finally found a guy that would be worth ending this relationship for.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Snowman23 said:
I have not met one HB8+ who is single. Not ONE. Well maybe one, but she turned out to be a raging alcoholic.

I'm not having any problems with women right now, and my confidence is good, I just can't get in the door because they're all taken. So I can't even work my game. Where are you DJ's finding these single hot babes? Are clubs my last resort? I've noticed most in that scene are kind of trashy and I end up getting so wasted I act like an idiot.

I swear finding a single chick is like a finding a needle in a haystack.

Are my standards too high or something?
You ARE meeting single women, it's just that they're flawed (alcoholism, drugs, BP, etc.). Going to clubs, getting wasted and acting like an idiot attracts these types of chicks. Try changing your behavior.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
bigjohnson said:
George Clooney seldom hears "sorry, I have a boyfriend".
Donald Trump seldom hears "I'm already taken hon".
Cuz they're rich and famous jackass!

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Kal0051 said:
well, this thread does make a few good points
MikeYikes & Social Calibration gave the best advice IMO. They taught me some good points for the "I have a boyfriend" problem. Otherwise, I woulda just threw in the towel, costing me some great dates and pvssy!

Maxtro, sometimes the best threads are the old ones, you just gotta find them. I did and I reaped the benefits.

axxo

Don Juan
Reaction score
of course, they will trade up at every chance...

bigjohnson said:
Every pretty girl has a BF, true, however most of them are more than willing to trade up if the chance presents. You just have to be that guy. If you *can't* be that guy, if you're consistently viewed as a worse option than what she's already got .... well there's your problem.

George Clooney seldom hears "sorry, I have a boyfriend".
Donald Trump seldom hears "I'm already taken hon".

Jazz

Reaction score
*Sigh*

Alright, if you're approaching a good looking woman, then I'm sure you're one of many that are going to try to hit on her, right?

When a HB8+ goes out for the night to have some fun, she know that she's going to be approached, as she probably has been approached many times in the past. She has also most likely realized that the quickest way to get rid of a guy is to use the line "I have a bf."

That's all there is to it, it's a defense mechanism that you have to work around. Even if it is true, and she does have a bf, then is he there staking his claim? Do you think he's better than you? Is he any more deserving of being with this gorgeous being that you're talking to? NO! Also, most women are more than willing to give another guy a chance because 4 of 5 women aren't completely happy in their current relationship.

Continue to work your game, work through this defense mechanism and you're in! Don't be part of the 99% of guys that turn around and walk away after she delivers her most rehearsed line.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kal0051 said:
well, this thread does make a few good points
Yeah but it's pretty much common knowledge.

When you try to get a girl you have to expect that there are one or more men in her life that she's having sex with.

You have to be attractive/interesting enough to her that she will drop the other guys to be with you or she will add you to her stable.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Yeah but it's pretty much common knowledge.

When you try to get a girl you have to expect that there are one or more men in her life that she's having sex with.

You have to be attractive/interesting enough to her that she will drop the other guys to be with you or she will add you to her stable.
yeah, but if you look around on this forum (or pretty much any other forum like it) you'll see ppl giving advice like "you should never steal another man's girl". My view on this is as long as your not friends with her bf (you should be loyal to your friends, bros before hoes) then she's free game.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Snowman23 said:
Damnit, this is starting to piss me off. I'm still having problems meeting pretty girls who are single. From the time of that thread until now, I have not met one HB8+ who is single. Not ONE. Well maybe one, but she turned out to be a raging alcoholic.

I'm not having any problems with women right now, and my confidence is good, I just can't get in the door because they're all taken. So I can't even work my game. Where are you DJ's finding these single hot babes? Are clubs my last resort? I've noticed most in that scene are kind of trashy and I end up getting so wasted I act like an idiot.

I swear finding a single chick is like a finding a needle in a haystack.

Yes, lower your ego. If you don't look like Brad, why should a Jessica Alba look-alike be having sex with you?

All single girls who think they are Jessica's Alba's twin probably also complain that there are no hot guys. Lower your ego and look at the issue from their point of view.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kal0051 said:
yeah, but if you look around on this forum (or pretty much any other forum like it) you'll see ppl giving advice like "you should never steal another man's girl". My view on this is as long as your not friends with her bf (you should be loyal to your friends, bros before hoes) then she's free game.
Exactly. There are only a few situations where a girl is off-limits. I'm not going to give myself arbitrary limits.

LDBaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Yes, lower your ego. If you don't look like Brad, why should a Jessica Alba look-alike be having sex with you?

All single girls who think they are Jessica's Alba's twin probably also complain that there are no hot guys. Lower your ego and look at the issue from their point of view.
wut?

LDBaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep having this BF problem. Every single pretty girl I meet has a boyfriend, I go to a pretty prestigious design institute over here in my country and there are tons of pretty girls so i've been approaching like mad, and every girl I meet has a boyfriend

I guess if a girl with a bf plays along is fine by me... it pisses me off when they say "i can't i have a boyfriend" and you can't take them out or anything

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they don't like you, they have a boyfriend. If they like you, they don't have a boyfriend. Weather or not they actually have one is almost irrelevant.

Iamnotacrook

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not having any problems with women right now, and my confidence is good, I just can't get in the door because they're all taken. So I can't even work my game.

Are you aware 99.9999% of relationships fail? Yes, your standards are too high. Stop expecting girls to be single.