ever taken a dance class?

humiliator

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am thinking of taking either a hip-hop or salsa dance class later this summer. The program that is offering these courses is affiliated with my college, so I'm sure a lot of the girls in there will be students too, although it is open to anyone.

My room mate joked, "Once the girls in there realize you're not gay, they'll be all over you!"

Even if I don't hook up with any girls from the class, it'll still help my macking because I'll take less drinks to get me to dance at parties! lol. Plus the class should be fun anyway.

I'm just wondering what anyone else has to say about taking a dance class. It seems like the obvious choice - any dance class has gotta be 99% women, and initiating physical contact is a freebie!

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite a few in college and afterwards

salsa, mambo, merengae, swing, ballroom dance style, some modern ****

A lot of fun and a lot of ***** thanks to them

Highly recommended

seroph

Don Juan
Reaction score
i wanted to take a hip hop/ballroom dancing class. havent done it yet...*shrugs*

yo.. if that's ur website "jayd".. your blood pressure doesn't make sense lol. funny.

peace

AsianPlayboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a few hip hop classes.

I like to tell girls that I'm a good enough dancer that I can stand there and make THEM look good.

Last edited:

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: ever taken a dance class?

Originally posted by SuperGigaloDJ
Dance class??

You're a BIG h0mo. :down:
Which is worse - someone at a club who doesn't know how to dance, sticking to the corners of the club alone with only his drink for company... or the 'homo' guy who took a dance class bumping and grinding with 2-3 girls in the middle of the stage?

:rolleyes:

Magico

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sh0t speaks the truth.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dance class has the benefit of individual attention given to the student(s), as well as being a place that you can screw up, look like an ass, and nobody thinks twice about it. While going to a club and practicing is good experience too, why not just get all of the stupidity out of the way beforehand so you don't have to spend weeks of people looking at you like an idiot by taking a class or two? People practice dancing/techno in front of mirrors at home.. this is just taking it a step further.

So no, in my opinion signing up for dance classes does not mean that you like to put your penis into other men's butts.

Qmanchoo

Don Juan
Reaction score

Sorry but your roommate is right.

Dance class??

That's some great advice SuperGig. Because you woudn't want to go learn some great moves, go to a club with confidence because you KNOW you're good at dancing, and as a result have a few girls become higly attracted to you or at least get some interest, open up the possiblity for a good conversation, a number, a date, and then DVD's at your place.

All with complete ease and at the same some doing something fun that you enjoy.

Oh no, I do that all the time I must be a big homo.

Apparently the Sosuave boards are SuperGig's territory and now that he's whipped his wang out and pissed a circle around it to mark his territory he has the perfet right to make posts like this.

:down:

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will take a latin dance class this summer with my gf. I think it can be a very positive experience and the skillz learned in there will surely come in handy later on.

I have yet to meet a chick who doesn't like a guy who can dance well. And oh, there are a bunch of women who believe that dancing skills are related to skills in bed, so there's another argument in favor of taking a dancing class.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More guys than gals

Yeah, I took a swing dancing class for a bit. All that talk of there being mostly gals in such classes was dead wrong. There were usually 1 or 2 more guys, so we had to rotate out. A lot of the gals were with boyfriends anyway, so there was little in the way of macking possibilities, especially for a beginner in class that was effectively more like intermediate

It was fun, but I couldn't remember all those bloody steps.

DJ Hawtness

Don Juan
Reaction score

Sorry but your roommate is right.

Dance class??

Humiliator, you're right, this guy is WRONG. Take the dance class, you'll be getting AN INSANE amount of girls from learning how to dance salsa.

Trust me, I know. ;)

Not only will you get girls from dance class, but you'll get girls that you dance with at parties, and/or clubs.

There is nothing wrong with going to a dance class. In fact, this is one of the BEST places to meet new women...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ballet teacher I'm seeing found out that I enjoy Latin dancing so now she's looking for a salsa class we can take together...

"Livin' the fvckin' Vida Loca!"

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to a lot of lessons offered by dance clubs on campus but my school doesnt offer an official class for any dance I know of. Anyways started at a salsa lesson with my ex who I was serious with and the place was packed with some fine ass tang. I was committed than but befriended a few people in the class which since being single again has paid off considerably.

Due to the structure thats set up anyone can go and not pay. I've been to other dance lessons tango, and ballroom for dates. I suck at both but it is a lot of fun.

If you really dont like dancing and are just doing it for the women I would actually suggest trying yoga classes on campus or one of the aerobics classes at the gym.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: ever taken a dance class?

If you wanna learn how to dance then go to the club and dance until you get better!!
Then you will look like the rest of the jackasses who dance on the dance floor by themselves hungrily waiting for a HB to drop on the dance floor so they can try to grind their d1ck against her ass. The biggest PUA's in a club are the ones who know how to dance the girl right into bed.

Who looks like a homo in a club?? a guy dancing with a chick or a guy dancing by himself???

Take the classes.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I took salsa classes at my UNi...and fukk me..it was 60% dudes!..It looked like all those guys were there to hook up with girls.:mad: ..and oh yeah...most girls were UGs too..and the hot ones were taking it with their bfs.:down: ...
I would be careful before signin up for them. Out of curiousity I looke dat yoga class..it was a little better..only like 30% dudes..but still wtf?

Aru

Don Juan
Reaction score
As for wondering whether or not you should take a dance class, I'll say this: Dude, its your own life. You should do what you want and don't worry about what other people (including some of the limited minds on this board) think of you. Thats all I have to say about that.

Now as for the dancing, It's great fun. You'll enjoy it. Good luck.

seroph

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another question on top of this..

Club dancing is different from ballroom and what not. What kind of dance class would you take to get better for the purposes of club dancin'?

hip hop?

humiliator

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aru
As for wondering whether or not you should take a dance class, I'll say this: Dude, its your own life. You should do what you want and don't worry about what other people (including some of the limited minds on this board) think of you. Thats all I have to say about that.
Yeah, I had pretty much decided I was going to take the classes before I made the thread. I more wanted to see what others had to say about them, like tips on getting girls in the class or whatever.

Salsa seems like it would be more fun, but hip hop would be more useful in terms of macking at parties and clubs once I turn 21.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to frequent clubs after I turned 21 for a few years. Most of them were to packed for anyone to actually pull off any of their moves.

Clubs aint like soul-train. More often than not they have small dance floors that are packed. This leaves little to do except grinding.

As for tips on getting girls in the class. I would suggest that you go ahead and meet as many people as possible in the first couple of classes. Do not focus on a specific target to soon. If you have one than dont let that slow you down unless you have pulled her already. Focus on having fun and meeting other people. And fvck that bullsh1t about dancing being for fags.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by seroph
Another question on top of this..

Club dancing is different from ballroom and what not. What kind of dance class would you take to get better for the purposes of club dancin'?

hip hop?
LOL in most clubs people just grind.