Ethics of stealing a girl

Shapoopie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never really thought it was right to steal someone else's girlfriend. But, then I started thinking, is it really wrong? This moral delema probably haunts many people in High School especially.

On one hand, chances are, if you steal her, she wasn't happy to begin with. There are people out there that say, "Making her happy is my goal and by stealing her I can do so." By framing it as helping her does it make it right? Yes and no.

You could be helping her, but making a bad reputation or she could be a easily steal-a-ble chick. Do you really want that to follow you? She could just as easily be stolen from you!

In short, it's like taking a big risk on stealing her. You could piss people off, win her, lose her and the friend you tried to steal her from, and other sh!t like that.

If you want to steal her, she better really be worth stealing.

I know I can't really say this is THE post of ethics of g/f stealing, but discussion, yes.

I want to hear opinions voiced about why it's ok/not ok to steal someone else's g/f.

I say maybe, but this topics' here for me to organize my thoughts and get new light and eventually make an article.

Thanks

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts....

1. Don't steal her from a friend. Ever. That shouldn't need discussing.

2. If you steal her from Random Guy, who cares? You have your problems, he has his.

3. Make sure that it's someone you can defend yourself against in case you do piss him off.

4. Like you said, if she's stealable, then if you don't do it, someone else will.

5. Don't expect too much from the relationship. She's evidenced infidelity simply by being with you, so you expecting more from her in a relationship with you is naive. Fcuk Buddies, Flings, second or third girlfriends, sure, but never make her your main squeeze or you'll likely be very disappointed.

6. I'm out of comments, I just like even numbers..... :D

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not stealing.

Think of it this way. You drive this car. You like this car. It suits you just fine. One day, you see this other car. It's a nice lookin' car. You stop, just to look at the car, and some guy starts talking you, and convinces you to trade in your car for this one.

Did he steal your car? No. He gave you another car. Is it a better one? You sure as hell think it is, or else you wouldn't have given up your current one.

Thats the same thing. She leaves her boyfriend because she thinks that shes better off with you. You didn't run by and grab her. You didn't steal her. You showed her that your a better choice. Simple as that.

I'm on house arrest for stealing, and that my friend, is not stealing.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shapoopie said:
I never really thought it was right to steal someone else's girlfriend. But, then I started thinking, is it really wrong? This moral delema probably haunts many people in High School especially.

On one hand, chances are, if you steal her, she wasn't happy to begin with. There are people out there that say, "Making her happy is my goal and by stealing her I can do so." By framing it as helping her does it make it right? Yes and no.

You could be helping her, but making a bad reputation or she could be a easily steal-a-ble chick. Do you really want that to follow you? She could just as easily be stolen from you!

In short, it's like taking a big risk on stealing her. You could piss people off, win her, lose her and the friend you tried to steal her from, and other sh!t like that.

If you want to steal her, she better really be worth stealing.

I know I can't really say this is THE post of ethics of g/f stealing, but discussion, yes.

I want to hear opinions voiced about why it's ok/not ok to steal someone else's g/f.

I say maybe, but this topics' here for me to organize my thoughts and get new light and eventually make an article.

Thanks
there are more woman that just that 1, the biggest difference between men and women is that "bros before hoes" and women are only friends as long as none of them (or all of them) are dating a hot guy.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's worth it, then do it.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
It's not stealing.

Think of it this way. You drive this car. You like this car. It suits you just fine. One day, you see this other car. It's a nice lookin' car. You stop, just to look at the car, and some guy starts talking you, and convinces you to trade in your car for this one.

Did he steal your car? No. He gave you another car. Is it a better one? You sure as hell think it is, or else you wouldn't have given up your current one.

Thats the same thing. She leaves her boyfriend because she thinks that shes better off with you. You didn't run by and grab her. You didn't steal her. You showed her that your a better choice. Simple as that.

I'm on house arrest for stealing, and that my friend, is not stealing.

not a great analogy, because the guy you take the girl from, is left with nothing. This analogy supports wife swapping more.

You shouldn't steal someone's girlfriend, there are plenty girls out there if you know where to look.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose you're correct on some level, but the basic idea I was trying to bring across is that in the end, it is her decision to leave her man. It's not like you took her by force. You want her? Get her.

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look,man.I'm pretty much against this 'girlfriend stealing' bit because of a single reason.Here it goes.Put yourself in the shoes of the guy who loses the girl.How would it feel for him?Won't he be fcked up?Well,that's my reason,mainly because I've been in that place before.

But I don't let that come in between me and a girl now.Read on.

But ofcourse,it doesnt hurt to do it to a guy you hate.I made out with a girl whom I had one-itis for years ago couple of months back,just for the sole reason that I hated her boyfriend.So if you're hated too,there can be some counterattacks.Be careful.

There is nothing wrong with stealing though.Is there any place where the rules for relationships are written?Nope.So if there are no rules,then you can do it.Just be subtle.

blackatheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
stealing is usually not ethical - people especially girls tend 2 have their judgement clouded by emotions. what happens if the girl ure stealin is goin through tough times or the relationship she's going through is currently dull and there are some minor problems. obviously her mind is going to be like "wow this new guy is makin me happy" and that can lead to her leaving someone she really cares about. but then again i'm talkin about like romantic relationships not the all-physical ones. seriously though, there's so many girls out there its most def not worth stealin.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I want to hear opinions voiced about why it's ok/not ok to steal someone else's g/f."

I think its ok when you judge her really worth stealing.

If you get a sense she wants you as much as you want her and for more than just sex but a real intimate relationship and she's clearly unhappy with her current boyfriend then yeah go ahead and steal her but the better thing ethically would always be to have her end the relationship with the other guy first but I guess then it wouldn't totally be stealing then would it?

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd never do it. I'd ask myself "do I really want a girl that can be stolen?", and I'd answer myself, "no, I wouldn't".
Trusts not there for one thing. If I can steal her, who's to say she couldn't be stolen from me? The only way it'd happen is if she realised she wasn't happy with her b/f, split up, then came over to me.

In a nutshell, I wouldn't activly seek a girl with a b/f to steal. To much hassle, especially if he's a super AFC, and doesn't give up with her. Too many single girls out there.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you can't really say whether it's wrong or not to steal someone else's girlfriend. Personally, I don't, but I more often than not find myself macking girls that are already in a relationship.

However, I don't think that people can be justified by the thought "if she choosed me over him, she must have felt bad in the relationship"; I'll make an example: a couple of years ago, I was an AFC who had just started reading on these boards when my girlfriend (well, we weren't actually boyfriend-girlfriend, more like steady dates) went with some mutual friends on a week trip out of town. My parents didn't let me go and I wasn't very into it either, since I had met a really cute girl (who's now been my girlfriend ever since) and I wanted to use that time to get to know her better.
During that time, a friend of mine macked her and finally managed to kiss her and they got into a relationship.

Now, some of you will think "well, this doesn't prove anything, since you were an AFC and girls are not happy with AFCs". WRONG! I was an AFC, but my friend was a fùcking lot "AFCer" than me! He was known in my class as "Desperado", meaning he was desperate, because he was creepy and needy with girls. He also had the typical nice guy look and was a nerd. How did he manage to steal her? It wasn't my fault and I still think I didn't deserve such a treatment. He just was very lucky and very insensitive.

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm it depends, if you know the dude then don't do it. It's not right to steal from someone you know/are friends with. If you don't know them/they aren't important to your social status then go for it. Basically it's if your friendship with the dude is better then the relationship you could have with the girl. Also make sure you could take the guy, if you can't your kinda screwed if he's the violent type.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stealing a woman seems bad...borrowing a woman when you deem fit. Thats a different story. if you dont let the guy know, everyone wins...unless 1 person has an STD...then the company that makes the cream wins

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf.

It's all an ethics issue. I see no problem with it. If some guy "stole" my girlfriend, then that means I need to step up my game. Simple as that.

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
wtf.

It's all an ethics issue. I see no problem with it. If some guy "stole" my girlfriend, then that means I need to step up my game. Simple as that.
Agreed totally. It's all a game (you'd better agree on this, otherwise you wouldn't be on this site). Sometimes you lose; sometimes you win. When you win, somebody else will probably be losing. It's like when football clubs are chasing a certain player, and the club he finally joins is winning it. He stays for x year(s), and then another club comes along and snatches him up, to all the supporters of his previous club's disappointment.

I think that it is not wrong to "steal" somebody else's girlfriend. It's not like you're forcing her to be with you; by the end of the day, it's her choice.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Point proven. Thanks for the analogy NoNickname. I couldn't seem to put one together.

You provide a better offer, she takes it. Simple as that. Professional sports is a great way to see it.

If theres a better team, better place, better pay, better anything, most athletes leave. Same with girls. However, occasionally you find a player that simply will not leave his team. An occasionally you find a girl like that as well. What do you do? Find another player/girl to fill your roster.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NoNickname said:
Agreed totally. It's all a game (you'd better agree on this, otherwise you wouldn't be on this site). Sometimes you lose; sometimes you win. When you win, somebody else will probably be losing. It's like when football clubs are chasing a certain player, and the club he finally joins is winning it. He stays for x year(s), and then another club comes along and snatches him up, to all the supporters of his previous club's disappointment.

I think that it is not wrong to "steal" somebody else's girlfriend. It's not like you're forcing her to be with you; by the end of the day, it's her choice.
I don't agree with stealing girlfriends generally, but this is a decent analogy, although somewhat flawed. Players sign legally binding contracts, unless they are free agents and often they sign contracts too. this analogy would work even more for stealing fiances. but for just dating couples, this is a decent analogy. A pretty good analogy to support your argument though.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The player can demand a trade.