enlighten me on cold approaches

Inquire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
okayz, i have been readin' up on cold approaches and i want to be a master when it comes to this. can u guys give me some info, tips, examples, etc, to help me out. thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay. The only tip for a beginner cold approaching I would give is:
Forget all the tips, and stop reading.
Go out there, and talk to girls. Make a fool out of yourself.
Seriously, I'm not joking. :p
Go out there, and talk to women, and make a fool out of yourself, until you don't anymore.
The thing about cold approaching is that you just have to DO IT. Eventually it becomes easy. At the begining it sucks.

Inquire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nishbuk
Okay. The only tip for a beginner cold approaching I would give is:
Forget all the tips, and stop reading.
Go out there, and talk to girls. Make a fool out of yourself.
Seriously, I'm not joking. :p
Go out there, and talk to women, and make a fool out of yourself, until you don't anymore.
The thing about cold approaching is that you just have to DO IT. Eventually it becomes easy. At the begining it sucks.
hmmmm good advice

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree there are no amounts of techiniques that could possible help you if you don't know how to approach them at the first place. And that will only come if you actually do it. This is one of those things in world that you cannot master by simply reading tips and teqniques.

Get the basics and start approaching. I always think when I do this (im a beginner as well in some lvl) that it's all practice, I have no special intrest for the girl, which is most of the time true. Thus I won't be as nervous. When you can approach any woman anywhere you can learn the "teqniques" and use them but at that lvl you probably have made your own and/or figured some of them already.

Sarge on, u will get weird looks and mumble and make stupid jokes. So what, when you actually want to make an impression you are more ready.

:woo:

ps. also it is very important to decide beforehand what do you want. What's your objective? Don't be aimless.

Reaction score
In my experience they don't work that well. There was a thread not too long ago and alot of us who do it seemed to feel its not a great way to meet women.

If you want tricks or tips you need to know what is holding you back. What are you afraid of exactly, then you can address that and try to change it.

If you are just intimidated by women then try to picture them in positions of vulnerability and helplessness. Imagine them getting pulled over by the police and giving up all their rights without a fight even though they have drugs in the car. Imagine them sitting in a classroom and knowing the answer to a question but not speaking up for fear of looking stupid. Imagine them starting at their naked body in the mirror and being disgusted by themselves for all their flaws. Most women/people are at the end of the day pretty vulnerable mentally and have very little control. Once you realize that people become less intimidating.

Inquire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
really its cuz of the cold approach thread a little back on how its the best thang for a don. so i thought why don't i master it. cuz i've been thinkin' the cold approach means you have infinite confidence. and yo i want infinite confindence.

and tyron, tat's wut im gonna go do, jsut start approachin' HBs who are alone, dont want to spend energy for groups just yet.

Reaction score
Here's something that might help. It's impossible to be good at cold approaches unless you're generally good at shmoozing first. Get in the habit of starting little conversations with everybody you meet: old ladies, some dude with an old Harley, the teenage girl who rings up your groceries. My grandfather was the master of this & could start a conversation w/anybody about anything. Once you're a passable conversationalist, extending that skill to eligible women is a small leap. It seems like a much bigger leap if you try to go from hermit to master-PUA in one fell swoop.

Reaction score
The thing about cold approaches is even if you do alot, if you quit doing them you are right back to square one IRT nervousness once you start again (although it goes away after a few approaches). Pugsley just updated his thread on the 'are you single' line and before getting back into the groove he was really uptight and nervous doing something he used to do pretty non chalantly. I also have the same thing, when I am out of approaching for a while I end up getting nervous again when I start, but it passes in a few approaches.

So my advice is to always approach at least 3 women a week just to avoid falling back into old habits because if you quit altogether you will end up really rusty and many of the approaches give you something new to learn. I'm going to make that a goal from now on, no matter what always do 3 cold approaches just so I never get rusty again.

Inquire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea right now im doin the boot camp so i have to go up to people, i guess im just gettin ready for week 2

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pratice to get confidence

Last edited: