End of a DJ's Time?

DB9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I usually post in the highschool forum for the purpose of lesser questions but I felt I needed counsel of older DJ's opinions that are currently going through this.oh yea I don't care for flames so ignore them anyone who wishes to post thanks:)

Now to the purpose of this thread.Well the other day for the first time in a while me,my older brother who is married,and my dad had a chance to have some guy time if you know what I mean.towards the last part of our uncommon day together, my bro's phone started ringing it was the wife:p .then all of a sudden I started thinking some of the stuff I had read by fingz or some other poster that doesn't come to my mind at the moment. it was an article posted about how long relationships(marriges) in the animal kingdom are only to last two years ,because our gender is naturally monogomous the partner technically doesn't need the male anymore.Yea my bro has been having some conflicts with his wife(probably discussing about the conflict he had the other day i'm guessing we all know who won because he slept in my house the other night).,so I straight up felt bad for him for marrying early,around 19-20 years after he hung up the phone he gave a sigh and he gave two different point of views.

The first one involved how he would of done things differently and would have married later on if he knew it was going to have such troubles.:D I told him me and my dad knew that way before but that was his descision to marry a horny and in love young adult.then he told me there are advantages and disadvantages to it.He would of enjoyed the freedom,and traveled and had a bunch of girls because he was a natural PUA.

The second point of view was that atleast he is going through these marrige problems now and not later.:cool: even though I thought it was his excuse for his mistake of marrying early.but still a valid argumental topic, leaving it at that he said that through marrying early led to him enjoying his kids early and expiriencing his troubles with his wife now so he may get through them so that he could enjoy his life later on.

what did I get out of this conversation with my bro nothing that I didn't know already but I did get a contreversial topic to talk about.what are your opinions on this topic is it more of an advantage to marry late and expirience freedom more,for some reason I am starting to have doubts about that lifestyle even though i usually stand by my word.Or to enjoy your kids early and get the marrige problems solved with quickly so you can get your retirement money and enjoy things later on in your life.I would like to hear opinions from everyone involving what route should I take and what do you think of my brother's situation.to your argumentable enjoymentDB9

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends.

WHile we are living longer now, there is a big difference between having a kid at 25 and having a kid at 45.

It's just a fact of life.

When your kid is in high school, being around 40 is a lot different then being around 60.

Older parents cant' do as many things as a younger parent would be able to. it's just a fact of life, no matter how healthy you are.

There are just different perspectives on life.

A young 30 year old parent will not be sharing the same things as a 50 year old parent with kids of the same age.

Life is tough no matter what age.

While you can marry too young, you can also marry too old.

Some people just get married at a young age to piss off others.

Some pepole just get married at an older age because they feel like time is running out.

Just remember this, no matter what age, you argue with your friends, you argue with your family, you argue with bosses and teachers, why the hell do you think you'd never argue with your wife or husband?

Every person has their own agenda and perspectives. ITs' those who learn, listen and can understand who won't hate everybody else because they aint like them.

Hey divorces happen for many reasons, old or young, so no matter what your age, dont get married just to get married.

DB9

Don Juan
Reaction score

that was a good answer any more opinions on this matter.

Reaction score
The key to marriage is compatibility - each must know and carry out their roles as a husband and wife. In most instances the woman must submit to the man. Most of the worst conflicts in marriage have to do with the wife challenging, in a non-productive way, the rightful place/role of the husband. Another major conflict arises when the man does not perform his duties/obligations as a husband!

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
The key to marriage is compatibility - each must know and carry out their roles as a husband and wife. In most instances the woman must submit to the man. Most of the worst conflicts in marriage have to do with the wife challenging, in a non-productive way, the rightful place/role of the husband. Another major conflict arises when the man does not perform his duties/obligations as a husband!

Spoken like a true master.

DB9

Don Juan
Reaction score

wow and I thought PRL was dead lol j/p.nice to see that your still around.:D

so far the opinions and facts are good anyone else offers to put their two cents.

DB9

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump. damn i hate doing this to my own posts but since I'm heading out to a trip soon what the hell.thanks again for the replies,hope to see some more from other DJ's aswell.

expect a monster for my next post the "The base of the Don Juan",I have been working on it for a while so i hope you enjoy it.I'm going to put some finishing touches on it while I'm away on a trip.I'm out DB9

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell I'm 44, never married. I really am beggining to doubt there is such thing as "true love" or "soulmates" anymore. The recent passing of Reagen amd realizing that him and Nancy were married over 50 yrs. That was a differnt time and era.
Now there are too many temptations and lifestyle issues..like infidelity, too much emphasis on earning $$ and NOT tending to the marriage, never stayiing home. the list goes on and on.

IIRC the divorce rate is over 50%. Would YOU get on a jet if you thought there was a 50/50 chance of it going down?
Bill