Emotional connection or keep it positive?

Masked_angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I’m sitting with this girl and we just keep realizing that we have a lot of things incommon. Both love psychology, both want to study medicine etc.. The climax came when we started to talk about relationships and I told her I have three rules, Honesty, respect and trust. And she started screaming "WHAA that’s exactly what i say to guys" etc.. Now to the point..This girl started suddenly opening up very deeply, talking about her dreams and a trauma that happened her. (Her family was in an accident and she saw a friend’s brother die.)

What should I have done?

A) Listen to her deep nightmares and continued listen to what that happened her and respect her for being brave. (Which leads to an emotional connection)
Or
B) Changed the subject to keep it positive and not come into the frame, I’m your beloved friend tell me about all your problems?

I listened through everything and was a bit ****y saying “aww, don't cry here you go, hold my hand and she started smiling and laughing.” But in the future, should I directly change subject, or be happy that a girl trusts me so much that she can open up so much?
(Note: This is a friend of a friend and this was the seccond time I met her.)

By the way, lately I’m been much in the center being the "party". But for the first time a girl looked at me and said "you like attention". Whats the point of saying that? Was it a **** test for just testing my congruence?.

Best Regards
Masked_angel

shazzampua

Reaction score
She is opening up to you so you definitely should be acknowledging that she is doing so...but you don't want to dwell on these topics or she will associate negative feelings with you.

I don't know if I would go ****y funny when a girl opens up like this. Perhaps a bit more "silver lining" would be in order.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
id say just listen but dont dwell on it. she obviously likes you.

and attention comment idk i wouldnt think anything of it doesnt sound too serious