Early in relationship, buying a birthday gift?

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hah! i know it does sounds quite humorous actually!

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a better gift than candy flowers etc, but unfortunately as men we think about practicality when it comes to gifts where as women think about sentiment.

Women want romance so buying a practical gift doesn't won't endear her to you.

A well written hand written card is an underutilized gem for birthdays. As for a gift get her something personal that is cheap that can be used a joke between you. Instead of the garbage can perhaps you could get an eco-friendly garbage can keychain (if such a thing exists).

Or some other non-expensive item that can be personalized to her.

The personalization aspect strengthens the bond between you two.

(If you are evil you can personalize things for girls you're not interested in and believe me it's like crack, granted quite nefariously misleading to a girl.)

Thundernuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, get a stuffed bear, stick a card in his hand (make sure you put something down there sentimental) and stick him in the eco friendly trash can.

Don't get too sentimental but you want to show her that shes been doing good, sometimes corny stuff works but i try to come up with original ideas. And flowers are best when there is no occasion. Being spontaneous, especially after you've been together for awhile, is what keeps relationships going.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get her the bamboo thing. Don't get her some dumb disposable gift like a bear or flowers… We aren't in grade eight anymore.

Many girls do like practical, thoughtful gifts. And if she's into things like being environmentally friendly then it's likely that's the type of girl you have. Trust your gut on this one. I do agree with some posters that you can personalize the experience so it isn't just "here's this."

All this being said, it's just a birthday. If she likes you, it isn't gonna matter what you get her. You'll stress about it for a while and then it'll all be over and feel quite inconsequential.

Donnie Darko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Give her a card only and a bag of skittles or starbursts and nothing more.

Set the frame that you don't buy big gifts and that you are sweet and romantic with your card but that you don't need to buy affection.

You are too busy living your life to worry about buying a plate gifts.

Take her out and have fun without buying her a gift and fvck her like it was the last time you were ever going to fvck her.

You are always better off under giving with gift giving and leaving them disappointed and wanting more because this makes them FEEL frustrated and think of you.

If you buy big gifts especially early on in the relationship than the plate won't appreciate it and will FEEL like you are just like every other guy trying to buy her affection and attention.