Dude, why can't I stop

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, there's this girl I've been talking a lot recently, and I think i'm pretty sure it's starting to seem AFC-ish. I usually end up IM her once ever day or two. I know I need to stop. Do you guys have any suggestions about how I could stop this before I start to catch Onitis?

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahhh yes the horrible disease....oneitis...

fortunately there is a cure...

take 3 steps to cure oneitis

1. pursue other women
2. pursue other women
3. pursue other women

thatll do ya

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kick back, hit up some other girls (or friends), and "just stop"...

Wait for her to contact you first. Then decide if you want to reply.

Also, what ever happened to calling?

Texing and IM can set you into a TRAP...I've been there before and rather than "taking the effort" to call you, they get lazy and text you...and you text back...then they text...and you text back.

Holy shyt. Takes me longer to type than it does to dial a number and talk direct.

It is really an INFORMAL way of getting to know someone.

Call her ONLY...but for sure DO NOT IM and DO NOT REPLY to an IM...give it a lot of time first to up her interest level...it may or may not.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEdgeOf said:
Alright, there's this girl I've been talking a lot recently, and I think i'm pretty sure it's starting to seem AFC-ish. I usually end up IM her once ever day or two. I know I need to stop. Do you guys have any suggestions about how I could stop this before I start to catch Onitis?
Pick something you don't like about her, and obsess about it.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEdgeOf said:
Think you may have caught oneitis already! :eek:

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep yourself busy. Go do what you love most or get a second job (if you already have one). The key is to make yourself busy and stop obsessing. You should be busy with other things anyway. Find other women.