dry in the morning

Snap87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it what every time i take a shower in the morning then go to school, my face gets really dry and these white flaky stuff appears on my face. How do you get rid of it or put on it so it last the whole day?

THANKS

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be the soap you use to clean your face. it's probably too harch, perpaps try something made for the face (nivea visage) or use some mild facial lotion. It could also be the weather. Dry weather = dry skin for some people.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snap87
my face gets really dry and these white flaky stuff appears on my face. How do you get rid of it or put on it so it last the whole day?
The white flaky stuff is dead skin. You need to use a good moisturizer and a better quality soap - one that's not so abrasive. You might also be getting too much sun, or have a diet that's not condusive to healthy skin growth... For a short term fix, the best bet is going to Target and getting "Curel Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion - Ultra Healing". I'm on Accutane, and have tried almost literally every product out there for dry skin.. this wins hands down, and it's cheap and easy to carry around in a backpack.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Word. It's a buildup of dead skin cells. You need to exfoliate that shiet. Guys who shave a lot don't often have this problem cause they shave it off without knowing it. But for people who don't, such as myself, use St Ives Apricot Scrub. Can be found at most supermarkets like Albertsons, Safeway, etc. Skincare area. Yeah, sounds borderline homo, but try it. You only need to use it once every few days. You watch, no more white flakes on your face. Thank me later.

Oh, as was said, using less products that dry out your face will help also. So switch soaps if need be. Also, drink more water to keep your skin hydrated. That alone will help quite a bit.

Nerdy_A

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same problem
Invest in this product

My skin is oily and I have some acne but this is the only product I have used that has actually helped. This stuff is a lil heavy on the bank but it's way worth it and the ladies will notice

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't know that any Safeway stores were still in existence...

Anyways, in the winter time I have the same problem. My hands and feet, due to the thick calluses that I have developed, start to crack open and flake. Tiger balm helps, just don't get that **** in your eyeballs... it hurts.:(

As for the dryness, you could just use hand cream I guess...

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Edit: Double post.