Dreams

Desert Rose

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question for you all..

I was wondering how you find passion in life; how does someone find out what their dreams are?

I've been doing massive amounts of thinking in the past few months, and I know one thing that is for certain... I want to be passionate about my life and find things that I will love doing. My problem is that I do not know what that is. I am always trying to find out what my forte is and what I enjoy, but nothing is clicking.

What kind of things help someone find out exactly what they want out of life?

I used to be into sports and really train hard, but the time has come that I cannot play anymore due to various reasons. I feel as though I am missing something from my life, a large whole that I need to replace. It has made me down for a little while, not because I don't like my life but because I want more than just going through the motions and "getting by". Any discussion on this would really help me out.

Thanks everyone.

Desert Rose

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess a lot of people can just relate, I find it hard to believe no one has experience on this forum in finding out what their dreams are considering that its always mentioned in what us guys need to be doing.

Give me some advice men.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't know what your passion and dreams are, try experimenting. Try everything new that you can. Even if you don't think you'd be interested in it. Just constantly try new things and you'll develop new interests and passions and that I think will lead to dreams.

cosmopolit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree to speakeasy. You have to try new things and stay open minded for other peoples' experiences. Ask yourself what makes your life worth living for you? Is it money? Is it time with your friends? Is it being independet? Imagine yourself with 70 years. Would you look back and say "I've exactly lived the life which I wanted" or would you rather look back in regret and say "I always wanted to do or become this and that but I failed because I never even tried".

I can recommend you to travel a few months on your own and/or start with some kind of meditation in order to free your mind from all that everyday worries (appointments, obligations, etc.) This worked for me.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imagine yourself doing something, then take it away. Does it pain you? do you really want it back? ...do you keep thinking about it?

guess what, you've just found yourself a goal. and goals tend to become dreams, or something like that.

Desert Rose

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats great advice thanks guys, i know i want to travel and see as much of the world as i can.. at the moment im in college so that makes it pretty tough. Im going to try living in ocean city, maryland this summer and I bet i could put a lot of what you guys just said to use. Im not happy going to school where I am now, so getting out of here might help me out as well. I have another semester though so Im gonna use that time to figure out what I want out of my life. Thanks a lot!