dont want to do anything

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can't figure this out...

early 30's healthy male

i don't have any ambition anymore.
i don't want to go out on dates, it seems like too much effort.
i don't want to get intimate or close to ANYONE other than a few close friends.
i don't have much energy anymore
i would rather sleep or read online all day than do anything else.

its been like this for awhile now. what the **** shouod i do?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You seriously need a kickstart.

You either have low hormones due to health and/or bad habists or suffer from some kind of form of depression, also a toxic enviroment (family-work-school) could take you down.
If you're wanking too often, have an unbalanced sleeping pattern and eat junk food regularly that could be the problem, not that unlikely nowadays for many men.

You see while its normal to be pissed off from the current state of things while you try to get what you want, its not normal to show white flag and retreat especially if there is such passive attitude behind it.

Bukkake

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're fapping too much. Quit fapping for at least a few days and you should see some changes.

alpha_ash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hit the gym
Eat healthy
Make friends
Definitely continue reading!
Work hard
Then go shopping for new clothes, go with a friend if you have no sense of style
Then meet people!

= PROFIT

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have either reduction in testostorne hormone due to masturbation or some health issues
OR
you need to set new goals to your life , why not just set the same goal that most men over history set it which is to build your empire (it could be start business or being Leader and collect resources , etc ) and having offspring (having children ) .

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol at the guys who immediately think he's masturbating too much (not that they're necessarily wrong).

Sounds like you've gotten lazy and fallen into bad habits. You need to get up and do something, preferably something productive so you will feel good about getting up and doing something. Set some goals. Pick some things to get done today. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Sometimes the hardest part about doing something is getting started.

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont drink tap water. This is very serious. Tap water has been known to have trace components of a vast array of pharmaceutical drugs which can effect the brain. Something simple you can do to try and change the way you feel.

Bushmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like your'e in a downtime mode. Set a goal to get off your ass in a few days. Start hitting up girls online...with a goal to have them meet you at a place close to you, very little effort on your part. When you are down you can still set things in motion for when you are up.

ETA: Wanting to get with a few close friends may be a problem in itself...i would go no contact with them ASAP.

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm... some interesting comments here.

let me clarify a few things. as far as the j/o goes, no, i don't really think it's that, because i hardly do that. really no drive or excitement for that anymore, for like the last 1.5 years. sometimes i just force myself to do it, because there is / can be problems from not doing it. we are talking 1 or 2 a month here.

as far as "intimate" with a few close friends by intimate i dont mean sexually intimate, i mean just talking on the phone with them about my life or things i am doing. i am not intimate / romantic with anyone right now, and haven't been for over a year.

i am pretty fit, good diet, BMI is right where is should be for my weight height (23.4%), and all other vitals are good, thank god. i do work out occasionally, and i run and do other things also.

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you might be recovering from oneitis, as they call it around here. I know I get like this whenever my knickers get tied in a knot over someone and I can't quite get over her yet.

Also, just to make sure, get your hormones checked as well. I think feeling like this after you've been through something is ok, but if you're not hung up on anyone or have unresolved issues, something might be off.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
allen2000 said:
i can't figure this out...

early 30's healthy male

i don't have any ambition anymore.
i don't want to go out on dates, it seems like too much effort.
i don't want to get intimate or close to ANYONE other than a few close friends.
i don't have much energy anymore
i would rather sleep or read online all day than do anything else.

its been like this for awhile now. what the **** shouod i do?
You have have entitlement issues. You want to get laid fast with minimal effort to the hottest girls and think the world owes you for all the work you've put in. You are not accountable to anybody so you feel you can slack off.

It's difficult, but I would move to another city, force yourself to break out of the routine. You will be forced to make friends and talk to girls rather than stay at home all day.

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trump said:
You have have entitlement issues. You want to get laid fast with minimal effort to the hottest girls and think the world owes you for all the work you've put in. You are not accountable to anybody so you feel you can slack off.

It's difficult, but I would move to another city, force yourself to break out of the routine. You will be forced to make friends and talk to girls rather than stay at home all day.
Entitlement issues. And you make this judgement based on what?

What work have I put in, that I am expecting return on? You have no idea what you are talking about.

trust me, if i could move to another city i probably would. but i have debt that i am trying to get out of. i can't just up and move now, it wouldn't work.

i will be doing some additional part time work in the coming months, but all that is going to be is more work. hopefully that might break me out of the routine a little.

i appreciate your response, but it is somewhat unfounded. unless you have a direct link into my life (i.e. hidden camera), you have to admit you are being pretty presumptuous with your answer.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Screw focusing too much on BMI it is a pretty outdated measure, I used to do that and most of my fitness was cardio and high rep low weights. Get into doing Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press and Military Presses and focus on technique and lift heavy. Try using Whey Protein, creatine and test boosters, get yourself a body, not just for the ladies look, that should be secondary but for yourself, that is the most important reason to workout.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you depressed? Those all sound like traits of depession. Look it up on Google.

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:
Are you depressed? Those all sound like traits of depession. Look it up on Google.
yeah but i don't believe in depression, it is not real in my mind, life just has peaks and valleys.

but let's say that i was to accept that i might be depressed...what options does that leave me: medication. and the **** they give you isn't going to help your game if anything it will hurt it all the more, according to what other people who have taken or do take the stuff have told me.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
BMI is a horrible measure of body comp. If you have muscle it assumes youre fat. My BMI is off the charts and yet my BF % is under 13%. I say you need to hit the gym and gain more muscle, fvck BMI . You sound like one of those "LOW T" commercials lol. I feel like you don't have a hormone imbalance but just seem like youre in a slump. The gym is a greater kick starter.

and DO NOT go on depression medication, you can solve this without medication. Im telling you , hit the gym its what you need.

Get some blood work done to actually see if your test. levels are low that would sole all your problems if they are (well help you solve them).

Could be a number of things.

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get off the computer and get a new hobby that you're passionate about.

Read a good book instead of reading online so much.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
******* said:
You're fapping too much. Quit fapping for at least a few days and you should see some changes.

yeah he either masterbating too much or doing too much weed

you will be surprise if you stop doing both

if you are masterbating too much give it up entirely

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
yeah he either masterbating too much or doing too much weed

you will be surprise if you stop doing both

if you are masterbating too much give it up entirely
are you simple? if you actually read the thread you would see that the problem is the exact opposite of that - i don't think i do it enough, because i have no desire or very little desire to do it.

and who said anything about weed? i don't smoke anything, let alone weed, nor do i drink alcohol at all nor do i drink coffee or soda.

allen2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
BMI is a horrible measure of body comp. If you have muscle it assumes youre fat. My BMI is off the charts and yet my BF % is under 13%. I say you need to hit the gym and gain more muscle, fvck BMI . You sound like one of those "LOW T" commercials lol. I feel like you don't have a hormone imbalance but just seem like youre in a slump. The gym is a greater kick starter.

and DO NOT go on depression medication, you can solve this without medication. Im telling you , hit the gym its what you need.

Get some blood work done to actually see if your test. levels are low that would sole all your problems if they are (well help you solve them).

Could be a number of things.
yeah i want to hit the weights again, but its just hard to get the motivation. i will have to really push myself to get out of the slump. also, i appreciate your opinion on the meds because almost everyone that in know who is on them ends up worse or just makes bad decisions they wouldn't otherwise have made.

respect