Don't Marry Career Women

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blueguy said:
I tend to agree with the article, but I wouldn't define a 'career woman' as one who makes more than 30k ($15/hr) a year and has a degree. I know plenty (if not most) of girls my age that do that, and they're nothing like career women. It's pretty much standard for 22+ girls now I'd say.
Three months ago I hired a young lady of 24 to work in my studio and we pay her $36K. She has a BA from a major university, she's attractive, has her sh!t together responsibility-wise and is buying a house on her own, but the last thing I would call her is a 'career' woman. You see this is a mindset more than a checklist of things that make her 'professional'. She's a good designer, but she's not looking to run the company. Being gainfully employed is a necessity of modern life whether you've got a penis or a vagina, it's the degree to which a woman is willing to sacrifice internal rewards (family, social networks, personal relationships) for external rewards (wealth, status, career achievement) that's at issue.

blueguy said:
I don't think I'd date a girl didn't have a job or still lived off her parents after 22... would anybody else?
Sure you would. If she had the body of Jessica Alba and couldn't fukk you enough, you'd be surprised the concessions you'd be willing to make. Attraction makes mockeries of our convictions and women know this.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points...there is a huge difference between a "career woman" and a "professional woman" and for that matter a "working woman".

A career woman is an ambitious woman that wants to continue climbing the corporate ladder.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In any relationship you are either :

Cooperating

or

Competing

Let me tell you, you will know what "competing" is when you have to fight to get a date, or get things done, or the other person seems more interested in themselves/their friends/family than the concerns of you. I learned this after interacting with several girls where they go on and on about their friend or family and never are curious about me when I am to them (initially.) When someone is competing, they tend to withdraw information or hold back interacting positively with you.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a "career" woman a while ago. And here's some of the characteristics she had:

1. She talked about herself all the time.
2. She talked about her job all the time.
3. She was a HUGE respecter of "persons", so she NAME dropped all the time.
4. She NEVER ask me any questions about me.
5. She was PROUD of not having a social life apart from work.

In the end, this chick was just a non-sexualized form of the classic "Attention Whorre". She was the kind of chick who would only stop talking about herself long enough to ask you:

"So, what do YOU think of me??" lol

Trust me, a more conspicuous waste of a perfectly good pair of breasts never walked the earth...