Don't have a licence for car...no fun?

Jamal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if driving a car is necessary for having fun with girls. I mean right now I have to wait a month for my road test and im 18. Does that consider you low value if you tell a girl you don't have a licence or something?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been driving for almost a year now because I wrecked my car last summer. I wouldn't say it lowered my value (because I am still getting and hooking up with girls) but it is a lot harder to try and hang out with them, let me tell you. My numbers would be a lot more higher if I was still driving that's for sure.

Don't you have any friends that drive? Lucky for me a lot my friends are into the community, so we tend to have double date type things. I usually start talking to a girl and then talk her into bringing a cute friend for my friend, or vice versa, that's how it all works. And I can confidently know that my wingman knows exactly what he's doing. If all the girls are pre-occupied with one of my male friends then there's nobody to c0ck block.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save money, dont get a car/insurance (but get your license), and move out instead of driving.

Snowman23

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, how's he gonna move out without a car dumb@ss?

I'd like to know how some people's minds work around here.

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Flat out... yes it hurts your chances without a car, especially if you're still living with your parents full time. If you go off to college your chances go up significantly, but may still hurt just a little bit if you can't do things independently off campus. At my age however you would be seen as a complete loser if you don't have a car... any quality girls won't touch a 29 year old without a car.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the US, except for very specific scenarios (in college NOT at a commuter school, living in Manhattan, etc) you're ****ed without a car. Period.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Snowman23 said:

Its called living in a city or metropolitan area and working locally.
For where you can't walk/bike/bus (and in the winter), using cabs to get around (sensibly) is the same thing as driving your own car.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what happens when people build societies based around an expensive and impractical piece of machinery which uses a limited and dangerous resource.

I've never had a car in my life and it's never stopped me from getting a girl. I've lived in Washington, Boston, buenos Aires, and Ho Chi Minh city. All of those places (except HCMC) have good public transit systems. Yeah sometimes it takes longer to get places, but i more than make up for it in time saved trying to find parking.

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
This is what happens when people build societies based around an expensive and impractical piece of machinery which uses a limited and dangerous resource.

I've never had a car in my life and it's never stopped me from getting a girl. I've lived in Washington, Boston, buenos Aires, and Ho Chi Minh city. All of those places (except HCMC) have good public transit systems. Yeah sometimes it takes longer to get places, but i more than make up for it in time saved trying to find parking.
And some people don't like to live in big cities... so they need a car...

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mothballs said:
And some people don't like to live in big cities... so they need a car...
Then don't complain about needing a car! Shyt.

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
Then don't complain about needing a car! Shyt.
I have a car... All I said was that girls won't touch a 29 year old without a car.

SHYT!

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Snowman23 said:

lol i agree... in most states thats impossible here in America

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not enough people utilize cabs, buses, and friends. When you move out, get some friends and family to help you. When you're living in the city or at least working near where you live, you'll be fine w/ metro and cabs (or, god forbid, bikng or *gasp* walking :p ). Heck, living in the city and having a car is so redundant and not practical - parking is impossible, streets are slow, and everything is so close. The only people who drive in cities are commuters and cab drivers.

You can still go out wherever and whenever you want w/ the help of cabs. Before you complain about their price, realize you won't be paying insurance and gas for a car (not to mention routine repairs).
Also, going out on the weekends to parties or social events of other types shouldn't be hard assuming you're going with friends. If you aren't going with friends, you probably most likely cab there and back anyways even w/ a car assuming you get a lil' drunk.

Getting to work, doing groceries, etc is no big deal without a car so long as you have metro, cabs, etc.

And a girl won't touch a guy without a car? You never really need a car if you are in the city, and getting a cab to go places on nights out is a dandy idea, especially since without the expenses of a car, you'll be able to move out quicker. Having a pad > having a cheap money-blackhole car.

None of what I'm saying applies if you live in the suburbs, I'm talking about living in the city.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
A car is freedom, you may live in the city but what if you meet a hottie that lives outside the city? Plus I hate riding crowded, stinky buses with fat people asses in my face.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thewarrior said:
A car is freedom, you may live in the city but what if you meet a hottie that lives outside the city? Plus I hate riding crowded, stinky buses with fat people asses in my face.
until you're stuck in a traffic jam (every few seconds in most cities), or need to find a place to park.

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
until you're stuck in a traffic jam (every few seconds in most cities), or need to find a place to park.

That's why you use mass transit when in the city and just use the car when you want to get out of the city. Most of the people I know who live in a big city have cars and they just keep them parked for anything they might want to do within the city... the metro systems pretty much put everything in walking distance and they're dirt cheap.

And just for clarification I live upstate... not in NYC.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO, you want someone to pay upwards of 15 grand a year just for "sometimes" getting out of the city? Some people don't have that luxury, and we are answering by taking into account that the OP is probably one of those people.

If you want to tell me flying by private jet is the best choice, say it.

Anyways, for sometimes getting out of the city, you gotta get friends to drive, the girl (if its a date), or take a bus (they do that, since you clearly aren't aware).
This isn't about luxury and crap. If a man has to choose between having a car and living at home, and living on his own in the city, living in the city is miles and miles better and gives you way more freedom. Ask people in the city if they ever leave to "go out" out of town, and the answer is usually no. Everything is in the city, and if friends want you to chill out of town, they can drive you (they probably would anyway). If you're going on a date or family function outside of town, make the lucky host drive.

You guys are simply saying "ooo public transit is icky" and ignoring that living with your parents past 23-24 is a no-no. period. THAT is 'icky', and if you don't have the funds for both a car and a pad, get the pad.