dont assume or attatch meaning...

Bjj_playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
as i've posted before, im still actively getting over this shyness problem..so i like to post experiences i have and new things that i learn.

today i went to this mma club around my house to get some information. i walked in and the receptionist greeted me..i assumed she was in her 20's from the way she looked..pretty hot. anyways, she keeps talking to me and trying to start a conversation, and in the back of my mind in thinking (wtf, im only 17 why is she talking to me like this)...because of this, and because of old habit, i didnt really say much, and i started feeling a little nervous. i could tell she was intersted. i kept talking to her and found out shes my age.

before i found out about her, in my mind i was attatching meaning to just plain things i observed, such as the way she looked and her age, without knowing the facts. i assumed because she looked older, she wouldnt be interested. things like this happen everyday to us...maybe somebody forgot to call you when they said they would, then you attatch meaning to that and assume they dont like u, or they dont care, when in reality something totaly different might have happened like they slept in or they just plain forgot :) .

i noticed in my life i was always attatching negative meanings to situations where i didnt know the facts...and this can damage us.

CactusMcDougal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been told the same thing by others regarding the labeling of subcultures. However, I still would not dare speak to an "Emo" girl because, while I do not dislike them personally, I dislike what they represent. Sometimes labelling will interfere no matter what.

Norbert

Reaction score
I SPEAK to emos, I just would'nt date one. (actually, if they were hot, I'd work the friends with benegits anyhoo.)

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahaha this thread...

from something about a 20 yr old chick to banging emos...