don;t date till ya 30's -parents saying

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone ever had v ery very strict parents-they think at the age of 24 25 that dating is still too young and that u should focus on ur studies in college. what did u do, and did u follow or did u just do it behind their back-what did u tell the girl u were dating-did u keep her for long , made up stories like ya i can;t go b/c i have to work .....etc
girls these days are dating like in HS which i was so supirsed , oh ya a 18 yr old girl i knew in one of my classes has a bf- oh and i was told by my mom that 25 is too young imagine that girl 18 yea and bf- it thought she was too young.
parents think and believe that u should date when ur financially secure with a good well paying job-and date when ur in ur 30's, i mean how many guys are like that nowadays. as for me 25 with hardly any dating expereince how am i suppose to tell my furture date or gf about this-do i lie or what-even if i tell the truth how many gals would believe this story.
parents are very tradiional chinese folks-don;t belive in mix marriages and dating out. what do u do. i don;t want to hurt and break up with a girl and tell her -yea folks are soooo strict they don;t let me date-they think its a waste of time and that i should jsut study-btw i suck at school-never really did any good from elementary school to now-was just a avg student - wasn't b/c i was a slacker-just suck at school

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you're 24. You're now an adult. By all means conside what your parents say but live your life. If you're still living at home I'd suggest moving out. That will give you the personal space to change your life.

blueangel83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FCK THESE STRICT ASIAN PARENTS!

"parents think and believe that u should date when ur financially secure with a good well paying job-and date when ur in ur 30's"

I never listen to them, obviously.

Ya can't control a freak :D

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that is stupid. if you wait to you are a lot older you are going to be left behind and be lonely because everyone is taken. If i ever have children one day once they finish high school i would let them but not 25 that is stupid.

goatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
HA!

I've had my parents tell me somthing similar like that...only they say don't MARRY until ur 30 and it was more of a sugestion than a rule.

try saying to them, "ok...il jus go out and root as many chicks as i can find then.....bye mum!"

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joe45:

You've been asking pretty much the same questions here for a while and you don't seem to be taking any advice people give you.

* Finish your education
* Move out of your parents place ( you can do this while in college, living in a dorm )
* Live your own life!

You're not taking any charge of your life and you let others dictate it for you, notably your parents. You're unsure of yourself because you rely on others to make decisions for you.

Before you can get success with girls you need to fix YOUR life first.

Bhekizwe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to your parents by all means and give consideration to everything they say but dont take their advice word for word.

Take the good and cut away the restrictions.Sure enter into a relationship with a woman when you are ready to be a hubby,dad etc

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go see the fourty year old virgin....

Think about what your parents told you.......

Put them both on a scale and balance them out.....

You have to be financially secure? It's not like you're getting married.

Kids date in junior high, it's not that big a deal.

dentalfloss

Don Juan
Reaction score
the real problem is you didn't rebel enough in your younger years...it's your job to work your parents in...especially if you have younger siblings..."let" them catch you coming home drunk, smelling like weed etc

i'm pretty sure that if i never rebelled against my asian parents i'd be alot more like your average awkward asian kid

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I side with the parents in this one: dating SUCKS.

Go SS.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me guess, you are first generation Canadian, your parents are from the "old country"?

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You wouldn't seriously do that would you? How many (attractive) women do you think exist who would want to be with a 30 y/o guy who has never been on a date? Don't even give this a second thought.