Does playin cool = not acting desperate????

xconquerx

Don Juan
Reaction score
um, well i know its pretty shame to say this, but... my close mate(he is such a good conversationalist and known as a pimp at my school) is saying, I can be a picky or needy(may b desperate too??) guy sometimes and this behavior REALLY frustrates me.

Lately, Im trying to get down with this 7 chick at my school and she DOES play "hard-to-get". I know I have to turn the table around(make her chase me) but my needy or picky traits are such a problem to get this girl for me.

What is a key to stop me from being picky or needy???

And how do i exactly show my value to her?? How do I make a "hard-to-get" girl think I am an awesome person???

P.s..: I got told that girls get turn off(bore) when guys ask thm questions such as "what'cha been doing?" or "what are you up to,today??" on text message. so how should I start to make her telling me her interests?

Thnx.

Last edited:

MARVEL IQ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok first being desperate isn't good. But the most important is not to be needy. You weren't being desperate with this girl, you were being needy. Giving her a lot of attention in order to get something from her. Bad move. Once you found out she plays hard to get, you had two options: bail or beat her at her own game.

How you beat her at her own game? Simple. First you show value, why you are just an awesome person. Then when she starts to show interest, you take whatever you were doing away. You making her chase. Now you are playing hard to get and the tables are turn. She is now the needy one and you are the cool one wiht too many girls to decide which one you want (if you dont have many girls, fake it til you make it, this doesn't mean lie to her about other girls just act like you have other options)

Lastly, approach a bunch girls doesn't make you seem desperate. Take away that belief, it going to hold you back. It's when you approach with a needy demeanor. That makes you both look desperate and lose social proof.

One last thing, don't type aim style here. You lose potential responses when you do that. But keep at it.

Love,
Marvel IQ

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the typing. The easier your post is to read, the better responses you will get.

But to quickly sum up my reaction to this, play it cool. Push one day, pull the next. Flirt with her for a day or two, and on the third, act like shes nobody to you, and then on the fourth maybe show a little interest. Repeat randomly. Always keep her guessing. The less predictable you are, the more interested she becomes. Curious girls are always good.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to do this...I'm highlighting everything WRONG with your post.
First of all thnx 4 reading ma question. haha

wel, lately i been thinkin.....(since i read da article " KILL THAT DESPERATION by POOK which is a great article btw.)

Pook mentioned dat being deperate is being obessed wf 1 girl rite? so may b lookin my situation at skool.

i knw dis girl and she is 7 cuttie but shez very quite and not DAT popular az she shld be (lol i meant wf her body and face... she typical HOT girl). i askd some girls abwt her afta i made some rapport wf dis chck. Then i found owt she lyks 2 tease boys... lyk playin hard 2 get basiclly.

b4 i read da Pooks articel was tryin 2 talk 2 her az often az i can during interval or lunch time...then i afta read the article was thinking... may i should jus play it cool... lyk hangin owt wf m8s and dnt giv her mch attention and stuff..

So wat should i do???? being friendly wf using KINO or jus playin it cool and take ma time???

P.s. if you approach many girls at skool, wouldnt you look lyk a desperate chump??? *i hav no problem approachin women by the way...*
I'm not even going to assist you. If I can mark up that much of your post with red text, then you need to go back to school.

Last edited:

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mutha fukin gangstaz

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should probably edit your first post in this thread. It's probably the only way to salvage any kind of advice that people may have for you.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. However, the advice that Marvel and I have given should be a good place to start.