Does my Muscle Gain Program pass?

Rogerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, Im Rogerman.

BODY STATUS

Height:1.75-6cm
Weight: 57kg

I'm quite thin, and most of my outer meat is muscle.

GOAL

My goal is focused on two areas of my body. Chest, and arms. Basically to gain weight and muscle at those particular areas.

My Tools

Instrument 1: I've bought a diagonal bar (don’t know what it's called, but it has a zigzag shape to exercise bicep /triceps muscles at arms) It has a total of 15kg.

Instrument 2: I've also bought a gym-like bed with a bar , where you lay down and push up? Jeezz I don’t freakin know the words in English, anyway I hope you get the picture. It's for chest workout. It has a total of 30kg.

My Program

Basically, one day i do 10 sets of Instrument one, which includes 10 repetitions. And the other day i do 6 sets of Instrument two, which includes 10 repetitions also. Then again, 3rd day i do Instrument 1 and 4th Instrument 2.There's no day's off.

When I finish , i drink a vanilla POWER PROTEIN milkshake to help my muscle development.

Well that's it, any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Am i achieving my goal?

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do different exercises with the equipment you have, if you don't have free weights, then you will be losing alot of potential.

Second of all, you can't just focus on two areas. Each area needs to be worked in proportion to the other ones. Only workin your chest without working your back will make you slouch as your chest overpowers your back.

So some things to do to your program:
1)Add more exercises, and work your whole body, INCLUDING your legs.
2)If you do not own adjustable dumbells, I would suggest that your buy some. They are only 20$ or so and take a while to outgrow. Integrate them into your program.
3)Time your workout so a muscle group gets 24-72 hours of rest between each day worked.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're missing legs, back, abs, and shoulders.

TheCaptain21

Don Juan
Reaction score
legs are key in gaining mass, unless you are a pure mesomorph (which doesnt sound like it otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions) your gonna have to do legs to gain mass. Legs are the largest muscle group on your body and therefore you release the most testosterone when you do compound exercises such as squats for legs. ........if you really wanna pack on some good pounds squats, deadlifts, and bench are a good way to start.....of course you have to change it up frequently......also i see you mentioned u wanted a fuller chest, prioritize your upper chest and do a couople exercises for upper than move on to flat bench type stuff........as far as arm goes u dont relaly have to do that many sets for biceps i do 6 and everytime i change the exercises i gain mass, just make sure there is some kind of barbell stuff included as well as dumbbell, cables are good too but at least 1 bar and 1 db exercise........

de silva

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 7 Virtues
You're missing legs, back, abs, and shoulders.

Other than that, your program looks fine. :D

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GOAL

My goal is focused on two areas of my body. Chest, and arms. Basically to gain weight and muscle at those particular areas.

On the goal area of your workouts, make your workouts full body workouts (upper and lower body) and dont just focus on specific body parts. This is especially important if you're just beginning into a program.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rogerman

My Program

Basically, one day i do 10 sets of Instrument one, which includes 10 repetitions. And the other day i do 6 sets of Instrument two, which includes 10 repetitions also. Then again, 3rd day i do Instrument 1 and 4th Instrument 2.There's no day's off.

When I finish , i drink a vanilla POWER PROTEIN milkshake to help my muscle development.

Well that's it, any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Am i achieving my goal? [/B]

Several issues,

1) 10 sets of an exercise is way too much. Foucs more on the intensity of your exercises rather than volume and perform each repetition until you reach muscular failure. Muscular failure then rest causes muscles to grow. Not high volume sets.

2) You're working out 4 days straight. Allow your body time to rest between workouts. Working out consequetive days is a surefire way of overtraining. Work out 3 days a week, and do your exercises on the same days.

3) Protien Powder--sure you can take it if you want, but you can get your needed protien via the foods you eat. A lot of guys on this site (everywhere for that matter) belive that protien has an "anabolic" effect and that more protien consumption translates into larger muscles which is a big misconception propogated by bodybuilding magazines. Protien aids in the recovery and repair of muscle tissue but it doesnt translate into 20 inch biceps.

Reccomended reading,

Massive Muscles in 10 weeks--Ellington Darden

Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook 3rd Edition

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheCaptain21
legs are key in gaining mass, unless you are a pure mesomorph (which doesnt sound like it otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions) your gonna have to do legs to gain mass. Legs are the largest muscle group on your body and therefore you release the most testosterone when you do compound exercises such as squats for legs. ........if you really wanna pack on some good pounds squats, deadlifts, and bench are a good way to start.....

Also when you work your legs in exercises such as squats, you're also indirectly working other body parts.