Does Love Really Exists?

NoMoreAFC

Banned
Reaction score
i'm tempted to think it doesn't

there is passion, infatuation, levels of interest which can drop or rise and attraction.

but LOVE?

i don't think so. if it exists and it's so a powerful feeling like most people like to express themselves, why are we were? why did our ex's left us? why do we forget them so quickly. why most marriages come to and ending?

LOVE = ****ed up word invented by poets to make us believe that fairy tales do exist. also used to make money ( eg. st valentines day )

there goes my definition of love

NoMoreAFC

Banned
Reaction score
retarded?

its just my oppinion, i dont believe in love as i dont believe in god or devil

all i see is a bunch of people complaining about their love lifes, not one nor 2, but LOTS, if love existed our partners would have accepted us with our faults and qualities and i dont see that happen.

no basis?

this sole forum is the basis of what im saying

if love existed, there was no need for a forum like this

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this forum exists because guys have no clue on how to be men.

women dont love boys or insecure pyssys they love men who hold themselves high and respect themselves.

for instane.

the poster with the HS gf who he is unsure of.

probably caused his girl to be like that based in part on his own insecurity.

if you want to see love?

go read hellboys posts, or ARK, or myself's.

if u want love..then date a good women.

love doenst just happen you have to have chemistry.

but love exists.

love urself first and you will see this in greater detail.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think there is such a thing as true never ending always mushy and cheesy love in the movie sense of the word.

Just watch Penn & Teller's Bullsh1t, they did an episode about how "true love" is bullsh1t.

Metalixia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone was telling me, that as you get older and things fall more into place, that things start to feel as if your whole life was mapped out in front of you before.

I guess this sorta gives a basis of "Love" and "soulmates", etc.

I think Humans will only ever love themselves. Nothing is ever selfless, EVERYTHING is done with our own interests at heart.

Some may argue: "What about the love of a mother to her child?". Well, a child is her legacy, it's HER, living to the next generation. Her husband is just a tool, a TOOL, to give her the offsring, the legacy she wants.

There are only to drives to the animal phycology: Survival, and Reproduction. This is the way it is.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is Gods way of saying that you're close to getting some.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious? Love doesn't have to be all mushy mushy and romantic . You can have sexual love eros love or philo AKA brotherly love, so it does exist, I mean you love your mama don't you? As for the Bf Gf love, I don't know how many young guys actually experinced that stuff yet. At my age, most guys just experience 'lust' so I can't say too much about that. Love in general does exist though.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metalixia
Someone was telling me, that as you get older and things fall more into place, that things start to feel as if your whole life was mapped out in front of you before.

I guess this sorta gives a basis of "Love" and "soulmates", etc.

I think Humans will only ever love themselves. Nothing is ever selfless, EVERYTHING is done with our own interests at heart.

Some may argue: "What about the love of a mother to her child?". Well, a child is her legacy, it's HER, living to the next generation. Her husband is just a tool, a TOOL, to give her the offsring, the legacy she wants.

There are only to drives to the animal phycology: Survival, and Reproduction. This is the way it is.
alright buddy, you lable yourself as a caveman who's living solely on instinct, I'm sure the rest of us have reached a level above that.

*offspring
*psychology

darthsidious

Banned
Reaction score
It's easy.

(DARTH MODE OFF)

Men want a girl cause: 50% Sex-Love/50% Companionship

Women want boy cause: 25% Sex-Love/75% Companionship

Easy?

Companionship = Personality, Background, Oddities.

[DoN.2.Da.JUaN]

Don Juan
Reaction score
why did our ex's leave us?

if your definition of love and if it exists was true we wouldnt have ex'S'

we would fall inlove with one person and they'd fall inlove with us and we'd never seperate? thats it one person for ever?

peoples feelings change overtime, your still young? im still young, we cant fall inlove with the girl we are going to marry one day not at this age...love is an emotion, you might hate someone today and end up liking them the next day

yeah anyway my opinion ;)

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love only exists up to the extent of your perceptions of it. If you choose to perceive love as being such a special, wonderous and unique thing, then you're basically hyping it up too much. You're bound to get disappointed because giving love and actually receiving what you "paid" for seldom matches in this situation.

The reason why people get jaded with love is because they do not realize that love is never unconditional. Love is nothing more than an individual perception that either gets reciprocated easily or very seldom. It is never a "no matter what" condition.

Price love accordingly and you won't feel short-changed.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is not something that is on or off. There are degrees of love.

Love is also CONDITIONAL. Alot of people, when they get married are truly in love. Then one or the other starts taking the marriage for granted... so the love is lost.

Simple. What is not so simple is creating and keeping that love.

Some of it is easier to keep (parent-child), some harder (bf-gf)

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is a very simple emotion.

created from thoughts.

these thoughts make your body release chemicals to make you feel love.

diff chemicals = diff love

if you want to have a LTR that lasts.

you need all kinds of love.

love her as a person
love her as a love
love her as a friend
love her as ur partner.

give more than you take..if she gives more than you take..then it wont stop :)

good luck

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude u probably get dumped just recently and get depressed, that's all, you are down about the concept of love, you are hurt badly but you will get over it soon, everyone went through that painful depressed phrase once

No marrages don't always come to an end, it will always last as long as both people WANT it to last

Passion, attraction etc are emotions before evolving into love, but that is two unrelated opposite gender (or same gender) people finding attraction and unlimited care for eachother

If there's no love, what do you call your parents, your siblings or relatives for all the things they give you and do to you?

Mikers

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOVE = ****ed up word invented by poets to make us believe that fairy tales do exist
Love between a man and women/whoever exists. You will know when you've experienced true love.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you have to ask this question, you're probably not ready for the answer.

When you're ready, it will find you.

CrotchSniffer

Don Juan
Reaction score
The universe is an expression of duality. We know that light exists because of darkness. We also know love exists because hate exists.

The problem is that most folks have a distorted view of what love is. They equate love with sex and this is wrong.

Love is built over time by hardships overcome, trust earned, compassion embraced.

Love is when you would honestly die for someone. If you would do this for a girl you have been shagging for a while, then you are a moron.

Our society tosses this word around too casually and that is why so many people are disenchanted and doubt the very nature of its existance.

Trust me, love is all around you, omnipresent as a radio frequency. If you tune it out and set your dial to 98.5 HATE FM, then you will forget it is there, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

Sounds to me like somebody here needs a hug.